Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Experiencer
Good evening metal68.

"So would you actually PREFER oblivion??"

Yes! Compared to some of the alternatives I've read on Spiritual Forums, oblivion sounds marvelous.

For example, having a baby in the afterlife sounds hideous; would you have to book a place in the nearest spirit school for when it grew up to become a spirit child? What if the poor mite was bullied by other spirit children? What if the poor little blighter had and accident and died (again)? I worry enough about my children in this life, without having to worry about any children I might conceive in the afterlife.

And, what about Heaven (the US, evangelical version)? I can't think of anything worse than spending eternity in the company of Kent Hovind and Sarah Palin. What if they chose to bring their assault rifles with them? I'd never get a decent conversation and I'd have no peace to read a good book.

Give me the eternal rest of oblivion anytime. Unless I can have eternity to ride my bike through lovely countryside, swim in the sea, read science fiction short stories (from the 40s and 50s), plant trees, work in my garden, screen print, dance all night at Twmpaths, sit in pub gardens with a Sunday paper and sit 'round a fire on the beach with my friends. That's my idea of heaven.
Old 17-05-2015, 09:36 PM
Experiencer
Give me the eternal rest of oblivion anytime. Unless I can have eternity to ride my bike through lovely countryside, swim in the sea, read science fiction short stories (from the 40s and 50s), plant trees, work in my garden, screen print, dance all night at Twmpaths, sit in pub gardens with a Sunday paper and sit 'round a fire on the beach with my friends. That's my idea of heaven.

AND, have the company of my gentle, lovely dog, of course. Oh, and my wife.
Old 17-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Administrator
Hi dai Bach

I like the way your wife is an afterthought lol,there is a spirit world its full of wonder colours like no other brighter than you could ever see here, happiness peace no wars, meeting up with loved ones already there, librarys if you want to read it is what you make it,

Namaste
Old 18-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Obviously if there turns out to be no afterlife, then this is the natural state of affairs. I find the idea terrifying, atheists generally seem unperturbed by it, It's just impossible to imagine isn't it??

You couldn't even be aware of blackness as there is no you to perceive it, How can a conscious being experience non existence?? Its mindblowing. It would be as if you never existed, past, present & future all erased. It makes me dizzy thinking about it! It bothers me more actually that might have happened to my mum & dad but it's still so abstract, to not perceive even not perceiving.

Thoughts on this??
You DONT even want to imagine absolute nothing. Absolute dark exists, its the opposite of God, but its different, its a void its a black mass that absorbs and devours anything, it tears you destroys you.

I have been in damnation, but luckily I was given one last chance thanks to someone...when I was little I still had nightmares of damnation and thats thousands of years away...if you trully want to experience non existence wich is damnation than go into a totally pitch black room, close doors, make it absolutely sound proof. And just be there, no sound, no light, nothing and the only thing you are sure of is that its forever and it will never end. It slowly devours you, you will cry but you cannot cry, you want to scream but you cannot scream, you want at least a glimpse of what is called existence but there is none, you and your mind only, you will go insane and your soul slowly decomposes, shatters, you dont even know if you exist or what there is absolute confusion, its unbeliavable agony...trully there is nothing worse than nothing forever. Even CIA tortures people by putting them into pitch black chamber, in few days they die of instanity...
Old 18-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Experiencer
Good morning someguy92.

"Even CIA tortures people by putting them into pitch black chamber, in few days they die of instanity..."

Are you sure that people who are put into absolute darkness die of insanity? what about blind people? They don't die because it's dark.
Old 18-05-2015, 12:49 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy92
You DONT even want to imagine absolute nothing. Absolute dark exists, its the opposite of God, but its different, its a void its a black mass that absorbs and devours anything, it tears you destroys you.

I have been in damnation, but luckily I was given one last chance thanks to someone...when I was little I still had nightmares of damnation and thats thousands of years away...if you trully want to experience non existence wich is damnation than go into a totally pitch black room, close doors, make it absolutely sound proof. And just be there, no sound, no light, nothing and the only thing you are sure of is that its forever and it will never end. It slowly devours you, you will cry but you cannot cry, you want to scream but you cannot scream, you want at least a glimpse of what is called existence but there is none, you and your mind only, you will go insane and your soul slowly decomposes, shatters, you dont even know if you exist or what there is absolute confusion, its unbeliavable agony...trully there is nothing worse than nothing forever. Even CIA tortures people by putting them into pitch black chamber, in few days they die of instanity...

Would you mind elaborating at all? If not on the experience perhaps on the lesson? It's fine, if not.
Old 18-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Master
when i had my NDE there was a "nothing gap" wherein "i" apparently didn't exist as a consciousness. there is no remembering being in that gap since there wasn't a being, an "i", which can remember, at least not until i became conscious of being an "i am" again. the "i am" being in contrast to ...

the closest description i can offer is that it's like waking up after a deep dreamless sleep. nothing to be afraid of since there's no consciousness there that can fear.
Old 18-05-2015, 05:02 PM
Ascender

So with your NDE, did you not have any perception of going somewhere else?? Do you think you would have just ceased to exist if you hadn't come back to this life?
Old 18-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
So with your NDE, did you not have any perception of going somewhere else?? Do you think you would have just ceased to exist if you hadn't come back to this life?

the "nothing gap" occurred within the context of the NDE. there i was out of body, looking down at it knowing i had died, then flying over the local terrain ... then i wasn't ... then i was again and rather disappointed, "i'm dead and this is it?". (the recognition of my existence as an "i am" in that instant seems key since it created a distinction between the existence of self and the disappointing nothingness in which the "i am" noticed it's self.) then the odd journey continued though patterns of light and color until i ended up in the company of some ornately decorated blue toned entities. i too was blue and ornately decorated, one of a seemingly infinite line of such entities until i spoke aloud, breaking the blissful silence. suddenly i was back in my sickly human body and feeling like death warmed over. next time i'm gonna keep my big blue yap shut. lol
Old 18-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Ascender

For a minute, Id thought you were saying you had an experience that suggested nothing afterwards. It's one thing to be not conscious at all and then wake up...even a 1000 years later, but to never wake up at all. That
does terrify me. The analogy of a darkened room doesn't cut it as you are still perceiving the blackness, the silence, you are alone in your thoughts BUT you are still thinking. To not exist precludes this;now some would say what therefore is to be frightened of but if I knew I was going to cease to exist completely in 5 minutes time then maybe I would just go to pieces. To not be aware at all is beyond comprehension. I suspect many atheists must secretly be paralysed with fear when the end is near. The analogy is often used " Well I was dead for xx billion of years and it didn't bother me then so what's any different". Ahh yes, but that was behind you, not in front. It's certainly no reassurance. This is the whole thing with NDE's, paranormal activity, mediumship; it could all be a defence mechanism to combat the terror of utter annihilation. I hope that's not the case but how can even the most well meaning medium ever know for sure that messages aren't self created unknowingly or possibly from reading the subjects mind, even the so called Akashic field (if it exists)?? My sister swears by her NDE, she had the classic tunnel of light, saw the doctor treating her from an angle impossible from her pov on the bed and she said she was told that she had to go back (she had three young children). She said what she felt was pure unconditional love. She has always been adamant that the experience was real and not an hallucination. She also seems to have developed some psychic abilities as she was able to see the spirits of several deceased family pets. She said they appeared as silhouettes and she would see them in the corner of her eye. She said if you looked full on though they would disappear. I was a massive sceptic until one day about 9 years ago she said that the spirit of a particular dog was present. Now I was particularly thinking of this dog as she had been euthanized only about a week before and I was actually thinking about how I hadn't always been as patient with the dog as I could have been. Now I didn't speak of this aloud but my sister actually said that the dog was in particular concerned about me and was right by my knee. My sister knew nothing of my thoughts and yet said all this. I thought it was really odd!! I never even told her until a few weeks ago!! She was amazed herself.

Sis has not enjoyed good physical health and says that she has often felt my maternal grandmother present with her in hospital. She also said that she felt my late father's presence with her in the week or so before our mother (very recently) passed away. She said she felt his presence leave and she knew he had gone to pave the way for mum who passed about 2 days later.
I absolutely believe my sister and that to her the experiences at least are very real. Whether these experiences are spiritually real I guess can never be proven.
I do know that when I add them up and also add in the haunting that occurred in my family home some 30 years ago (I keep meaning to post this, it's pretty convincing) and also, a few odd things have happened around the house since mum passed, I have reasons to be optimistic at least on Survival. However I do have that critical side and even if my mum appeared to me in waking hours, I would still try and pass it off as last night's Chinese takeaway

Rambled on loads, getting back to your NDE, from your experience how certain are you that it was a real event, as regards a subconscious experience/comforting mechanism??

It's good here innit, you get a lot of conflicting answers but at least you find people asking questions!