Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 14-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Experiencer
What if God was one of us?

Hi
I had a dream last night which I was looking for an interpretation on please?

I was in my home town. Very near to the town centre. There was a group of 5-6 of us and we were stood on the pavement on one of the busiest roads in the town. On one side is a river and the other side the busy road. We were being guiding and shown around the town by a tour guide. I was wearing a addidas sports jacket I had when I was around 14. It was one of my favorite items of clothing then.

In the group there was 2 guys who I knew from my childhood. They were known for being aggressive and racist thugs. I was at the front of the group and one of them was at the back with his girlfriend. I was trying to ignore/avoid him. Then the tour guide started singing 'What if God was one of us'. He may have been playing a guitar also . As soon as he started singing the mood changed among the group and a few people joined in. I started singing at the top of my voice. With lots of passion. The other thug was stood right next to me at this point.

After the song we started walking again and the group may have drifted into two separate groups. I was in the front group when we got to some traffic lights to cross the busy road. Directly across the other side of the road is a Police Station, a Fire Station and a theatre. Which have all been there for many years. Upon crossing the road I began talking to a guy called Scott who used to be my friend in a old job. He was younger than me but quite feminine and soft. We were just beginning to cross the road. We were talking about how good the song was and I was joking with him telling him that I bet he couldn't sing like that.

Then I woke up. I found this quite a bizarre dream. Especially the song. From what I can recall I have never had a dream which involved a song or music. Also this song - What if God was one of us, I haven't heard it in years. I can't say I listened to it a lot or was a huge fan of the song. So was quite interested to learn the significance of it as it is quite a powerful song.

Old 14-11-2016, 01:57 PM
Master
here's the song:
Joan Osborne - What If God Was One Of Us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gx1Pv02w3Q

can you imagine that such events are possible in your life?
for God to be present here on Earth... for old aggressors who you'd
expended efforts to avoid in times past, to now stand beside you
during a community celebration?
your dream was about community, specifically the varied groups you
associated with, but also being at the 'town centre' suggests it.
the general mood of people you encounter may well be more
supportive of a "peace on Earth" attitude than you've experienced
prior to now. you're afforded the opportunity to express yourself in
full voice, without holding anything back, without fear.

towards the dreams end, you face the challenge of crossing a busy
road, and you find yourself in a lead position at that time. this is
like encountering a "cross-current" which is contrary to the prevailing
mood (of peace on earth). ahead are specific structures, and you may
be looking to bring this God energy directly to them (?)
i sorta get the impression the Scott has something to tell you, since
you don't appear to have anything you need to tell him. perhaps you
have a memory of a specific thought he'd shared with you once?
[it may be appropriate for the current time]
Old 14-11-2016, 03:10 PM
Yaoughta

The whole dream appears centered around the song to plant the seed of a new way of thinking and being or to dispel previous held beliefs and thought patterns that characterize people. Everyone is far more than meets the eye, including you and your perception of yourself. Your favorite Adidas track jacket probably represents the time period where you started to define and characterize yourself and others. One's actions do not define nor create their character, rather their character is born from their belief systems, their thoughts and experiences. We all have ideas of a self identity based upon our life's experience and are thoughts and feelings about those experiences, but if any of them or some of them changed, how different would we be? And if we would be different and have different identities by just changing a few of our experiences, then what is this identity of self at all? The song is showing you that.
Old 14-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Master
Some of my 'associations' to the dream, Tony:

What if 'God' was all of us, thugs included?

Your signature line, "'Life is a war and every days a battle to me. I'm on the brink of insanity, between extreme intelligence and split personalities' - Immortal Technique" suggests that you are having trouble (a 'war') integrating all of the 'aspects' of 'God', a/k/a Life, wherein IT's aggressive (i.e. 'masculine') aspects of appear 'negative' (i.e 'bad', i.e. 'thug'-like) to you and IT's 'friend'lier aspects appear to be 'feminine' (more like Scott and unlike you) to you.

The Fire Station (rescue 'mission') buildings and Police Station (adjudication and power-full enforcement) buildings re-represent this feminine-masculine Life bifurcation 'paradox'. The theater strikes me as just represents=ing the arena where the 'drama' of Life 'happens'.

My guess is that the 'point' for you to 'take in' and/or 'get to' is that both polar-modalities are equally 'good' (necessary and desirable), but only as enactioned in the 'right' way at the 'right' time and 'right' place. If and as enactioned in 'wrong' ways at 'wrong' times and 'wrong' ways they can/may/will be Life betraying/abandoning/degrading in effect.

If any of this rings 'true' to you, my suggestion is that you 'open yourself' by ways of 'praying for' and 'projecting' that WISDOM (the third 'corner' of the Trinity, masculine POWER and feminine LOVE being the other two) become a an actual, i.e. enactioned, component of your soul/psyche (i.e. Life). It (Wisdom, that is) will enable you to balance the other two apparent (i.e seeming) 'opposites' such that you then only embody and enact either/both in the 'right' way at the 'right' place and the 'right' time.

Just throw all or whatever parts of the above analysis and synthesis which strike you as not making sense or not being functionally applicable into the waste-basket.

Best wishes for a 'high' score, Game-Bro!
Old 15-11-2016, 06:17 PM
Deactivated Account
What if all of us is you and your father is God ?
Old 15-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SF
What if all of us is you and your father is God ?
I thought I asked the same rhetorical question, at least sort of, as well as suggested a reasoned approach to the dream based on a 'yes' answer to it, 'Love'ing man.
Old 15-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Suspended

Lovely dream, but I'd be quite scared if that were true because I'd have no one to look up to. :)
Old 15-11-2016, 07:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletFlame
Lovely dream, but I'd be quite scared if that were true because I'd have no one to look up to. :)
there's no need, nor use for fear in the presence of God.
:)