Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-12-2019, 05:51 AM
Master
Birth?

Do you think babies are born into this world a blank slate or do we come here with a predisposition?
By predisposition I mean we already have a character, attitude, and way of doing things the day we are born.

It might be argued that we inherit traits from our parents in the womb, that as much as we do not
want to be like our parents we end up being like them, if not completely than partly, anyway.

Of course the other perspective is that we are born with a certain karma carried over into this life and
we are not a blank slate when we enter the womb. Although I think a lot of people treat babies as though
they are a blank slate.

I guess I am talking about programming, are we preprogrammed before we enter the womb, programmed
in the womb, or enter this world as a blank slate? There are possibly other scenarios as well.. Yes, I
understand that some of this is speculation and some of it may be based on science, DNA, etc.

What do you think?
Old 16-12-2019, 07:27 AM
Master

Five sheaths of consciousness ... yes, I’d say that we carry forward tendencies or samskaras.

Only at or beyond (?) the bliss level are we truly non dual

Old 16-12-2019, 07:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Do you think babies are born into this world a blank slate or do we come here with a predisposition?
By predisposition I mean we already have a character, attitude, and way of doing things the day we are born.

It might be argued that we inherit traits from our parents in the womb, that as much as we do not
want to be like our parents we end up being like them, if not completely than partly, anyway.

Of course the other perspective is that we are born with a certain karma carried over into this life and
we are not a blank slate when we enter the womb. Although I think a lot of people treat babies as though
they are a blank slate.

I guess I am talking about programming, are we preprogrammed before we enter the womb, programmed
in the womb, or enter this world as a blank slate? There are possibly other scenarios as well.. Yes, I
understand that some of this is speculation and some of it may be based on science, DNA, etc.

What do you think?
GREAT QUESTIONS!

Each scenario is credible.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 16-12-2019, 09:51 AM
Master
We talk so much about death here on this forum but not much about birth. So why would a soul enter a
womb where the mother has already decided that she was going to have and abortion if she got pregnant?
That is if we choose our parents, why choose a parent who has decided to abort early in her first trimester,
and for that matter why do you think you chose the family you were born into?
Old 16-12-2019, 10:31 AM
MAYA EL

"Choosing " are mother before we are born is just a middle eastern concept. You never existed before your mother got pregnant with you (this is why sex is a magical and powerful thing) now you do have a ancestral blood link and because of that you have instincts and can create habits that your grandparents or great great grandparents had/Tech
Example being my brother when hes really thinking hard to figure something out he had this fidget thing he would do and are mother saw him do it one day (he was about 25yr old at that time) and she said "omg your father used to do that !" (We never knew are father he left before I was born yet both of us have his personality a little bit.

Also I've always had an extremely good grip on awareness all my life I can remember all the way back to my birth and believe it or not before I was born (in the womb) and I have confermed this with several family members when I would tell them things that happened when I was a baby (like 6 months up to 2ys old /Tech)
And I say that to say this
The younger you are and the less you experience is directly correlated to your thoughts. When I was in the womb that 1 time I woke up I had no "word thoughts " so in a since baby's learn so fast because there mind is so still and calm and no chatter.
Old 16-12-2019, 07:58 PM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
"Choosing " are mother before we are born is just a middle eastern concept. You never existed before your mother got pregnant with you (this is why sex is a magical and powerful thing) now you do have a ancestral blood link and because of that you have instincts and can create habits that your grandparents or great great grandparents had/Tech
Example being my brother when hes really thinking hard to figure something out he had this fidget thing he would do and are mother saw him do it one day (he was about 25yr old at that time) and she said "omg your father used to do that !" (We never knew are father he left before I was born yet both of us have his personality a little bit.

Also I've always had an extremely good grip on awareness all my life I can remember all the way back to my birth and believe it or not before I was born (in the womb) and I have confermed this with several family members when I would tell them things that happened when I was a baby (like 6 months up to 2ys old /Tech)
And I say that to say this
The younger you are and the less you experience is directly correlated to your thoughts. When I was in the womb that 1 time I woke up I had no "word thoughts " so in a since baby's learn so fast because there mind is so still and calm and no chatter.

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to disagree with you on the thought's as I remember falling through blackness and landing on what felt was a bed.(It was me entering my body,I think).I remember 2 hard things either side of my head,(I was forceps delivery I later found out).It was lovely and warm,then I was traveling down a rigid tunnel,It was a tight squeeze,(The birth canal),seeing daylight,the midwife,who had wavy shoulder length brown hair and a nurse with a pony tail and light brown hair behind her.I thought that this was a place you went to when you were grown up.I Didn't want to come out,I wanted to go back into the comfortable blackness.I remember thinking all this at the time.Eventually I was born after mum was in labour for 57 hours.I knew what I wanted to say but I didn't know how to move my lips and tongue to say the words.I was born covered in eczema and with styes all over my eyes.lol.
Old 16-12-2019, 08:07 PM
Master
Unseeking Seeker Yes, it is all debatable. Thank you for your sharing.

BigJohn, All of the scenarios mentioned, even those by others, may be credible, and then again they may not be credible at all. No way to authenticate. Thanks for your input.

MAYA EL, In my opinion, all pre-birth narratives are concepts whether middle eastern or not. But that is and interesting story you told about discovering having traits of your father, and I do agree that babies, and in our youth, we are more malleable and learn quicker. Although this may not be true for all babies, especially those who are born with birth defects. Thanks for sharing.

hazada guess, So you knew about money the day you were born, and you are also saying that you were able to think the day you were born. Very interesting story. Thanks.

Busby, you have shared some very insightful stuff, thank you. I especially was intrigued by what you said regarding what amazes you. Personally I rarely allow myself to fall asleep, rather sleep over takes me regardless whether I allow it or not. I do believe in evolution, and maybe evolution takes place in a spiritual, ethereal sense as well. Maybe at one time we were elephants, insects, or other creatures. Some Buddhists believe this. We evolve to the point where we are able to inhabit a human body; just speculation.

Lorelyen, I agree, this is a mystery as is much of life. You say you have inherited “no” traits from your parents, not necessarily talking about you but there are babies who are adopted and never find out that they are adopted. If not traits then physical characteristics are frequently passed along, but some kids are born with neither parental features. If early learning is about a baby experimenting about how to meet its’ needs, then I guess it would know that it has needs by discomforts or impulses it experiences? Thank you for what you have shared.

Freebird, some very interesting points. It seems a lot of people base existence on their ability to remember or think, and if they are unable to remember or think, they may equate that with nonexistence or dissolving into nothingness. People have memory problems here on Earth, and in my opinion memory is not germane to our existence. “I think therefore I am” in my opinion is a faulty statement. I enjoyed what you had to say, thank you.

I enjoyed what all of you had to say, thank you.
Old 16-12-2019, 10:05 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I'm afraid that I'm going to have to disagree with you on the thought's as I remember falling through blackness and landing on what felt was a bed.(It was me entering my body,I think).I remember 2 hard things either side of my head,(I was forceps delivery I later found out).It was lovely and warm,then I was traveling down a rigid tunnel,It was a tight squeeze,(The birth canal),seeing daylight,the midwife,who had wavy shoulder length brown hair and a nurse with a pony tail and light brown hair behind her.I thought that this was a place you went to when you were grown up.I Didn't want to come out,I wanted to go back into the comfortable blackness.I remember thinking all this at the time.Eventually I was born after mum was in labour for 57 hours.I knew what I wanted to say but I didn't know how to move my lips and tongue to say the words.I was born covered in eczema and with styes all over my eyes.lol.

Thought is directly linked to language. Even krishnamurti agrees with me on that one. What you remember is most likely not an authentic memory bidet fabricated memory in order to fill a gap possibly due to some form of trauma which is very common all people have some form of trauma
Old 16-12-2019, 10:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
We talk so much about death here on this forum but not much about birth. So why would a soul enter a
womb where the mother has already decided that she was going to have and abortion if she got pregnant?
That is if we choose our parents, why choose a parent who has decided to abort early in her first trimester,
and for that matter why do you think you chose the family you were born into?

You obviously didn't include all of the other horrible possibilities a new-born faces when entering this world.
Np doubt there are many people who can or want to answer your question based on what they believe and who are willing to accept, for instance, that if you are born disabled, blind or without arms that this is to be seen as a chance… There are plenty of places, religions, cultures and so on where most of us would not wish to join. There are plenty of people who will tell you that they wish they had not been born. We all have to get on with a good or bad job in life, any talk of us being born equal is just a trick to get us round the next obstacle.
In my case I can say that I don't know where 'I' was before appearing on the world's stage - presumably I will go back to the same state when I die - as will the 150,000 people who die each day on our planet.
Nevertheless and however there are and have been certain moments when it seems pretty clear that not having that condition which we call 'being conscious' cannot be posed as a reality. Excuse the paradox - but life is a total mystery. Some of us, myself included, seem to have noticed a sort of thread, one which could be translated as a sort of story with a beginning, a middle and an end, all chapters related to a series of happenings woven into a pattern.
What amazes me again and again is just how easily we accept life. The universe has, notwithstanding what we call the big bang, been around either forever or at least for a few trillion years. Yet here we are, chewing gum and playing football as if we have always been here. Once again - it's astounding how we accept this condition - almost as if we know what it's all about.

What also amazes me is how we/I simply allow ourselves to fall asleep each night, basically dissolving into nothingness before awakening in the mornings and just getting on with things. Could sleep not be a sort of sign or indication that as above so below? Hardly a sensible assumption but there are many other things that have been accepted as pointers to other planes or dimensions. We probably would accept it as normal if the Pope suddenly appeared with a halo.

My problem with the whole - as I have stated elsewhere - is why am I a Human Being and not an Elephant. What 'force' in that previous nothingness pulled the lever to direct this little mass of (apparently) wanting-to-be-born energy into the womb of an existing female human?

That for me is the big question.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 16-12-2019, 08:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby

My problem with the whole - as I have stated elsewhere - is why am I a Human Being and not an Elephant. What 'force' in that previous nothingness pulled the lever to direct this little mass of (apparently) wanting-to-be-born energy into the womb of an existing female human?

That for me is the big question.

Because before you were brought into life as a being of intelligence with an identity of your very own & in the likeness of your one & only "ever" biological parents. you & another person of an opposite sex to you..(your Soulmate & other half for eternity)...were created by the Christ entity as an invisible blank whole Soul of duality of equal male & female components & destined to become a part of spiritual mankind. You would be seperated (split into male, female) as the first of you was drawn towards the biological parents who had just concieved a life/foetus.

You & your equal other half, of which was once a blank soul of duality, was not ever created & destined to be an elephant or a chimpanzee etc.

You & your soul mate..(The once BLANK whole Soul of equal duality "ying/yang")...were designed created perfect by the Christ entity just like the rest of mankind & said to be known & refered to as "AM" which means the highest creation of the Christ entity, above all other of his creations.