Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Closed Thread

Old 26-09-2006, 02:20 AM
Master
In my opinion all Art is spiritual because all Art expresses aspects of the SUBJECTIVE. In other words all Art expresses feeling, thought, states of being etc.; i.e. it has CONTENT.
The content of Art is what it expresses.
Once something can be considered as having 'content' it can be considered 'spiritual'. Mainly because the 'content' touches upon our thoughts and feelings (on what its like for us to be alive).

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:11 PM
e-ma

I think that pure creativity, when you are just letting the art flow and are not thinking with the logical, intellectual mind, that is purely spiritual.

However, there is also art that comes from the intellectual mind, and that's not really spiritual.
Old 22-11-2006, 06:45 AM
imageimaginer

When I am painting or even drawing I start to connect to my higher self or my soul. When this happens my painting changes dramatically, I become lost in it. It's hard to describe, it's like a trance-like state. Is Art spiritual, I think so, because the greatest moments of creative genius comes from within me.
Old 23-12-2006, 07:01 PM
tropicalgem

I think it is spiritual because we are creating as the creator created us, god first and foemost is the head creator...head artist, so I think that spirituality and art are one in the same, creating can allow you to become closer to god in many ways
Old 31-01-2007, 06:45 AM
viro

everyone is an artist *period*
Old 02-02-2007, 01:24 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by viro
everyone is an artist *period*
but not everyone is spiritual
Old 02-02-2007, 02:00 PM
viro

i dunno..
i think everyone is spiritual. everyone asks the typical questions. everyone is interested in the subject. just not so many follow it up, i guess they're just not AS interested as people like us who seek out forums ;)
Old 03-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Nomad

There are the bangs sisters..... they were trance mediums who didnt actually paint, but in trance spirit would use them and paint it themselves :)

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~br...es_bangs1.html
Old 07-02-2007, 03:58 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by imageimaginer
When I am painting or even drawing I start to connect to my higher self or my soul. When this happens my painting changes dramatically, I become lost in it. It's hard to describe, it's like a trance-like state. Is Art spiritual, I think so, because the greatest moments of creative genius comes from within me.

Hi imageimaginer,

Apparently, creative expression such as the kind of art/creativity (writing, painting, drawing etc.) that just seems to flow through a person when they are doing it is apparently art/creativity that flows from the Throat Chakra in a person and this is usually visionary art that has a message for the world.

In contrast, creative expression which may be more personal to a person themself is usually work that has stemmed from the energies of the Sacral Chakra. Maybe such a work as that from the Sacral Chakra would be a work expressing personal emotions instead of higher ideals, if you understand what I mean. Just felt like mentioning this to you. I find it interesting, K.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:06 AM
imageimaginer

You are right there Kundalini maybe I confused the two. But most times I act like a filter that filters these higher ideals with my own personal emotions. It is something I have to learn not to do. Sure, there is inspiration from within and inspiration from without but when the two meet in the middle boy do I get confused.
Closed Thread