Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 04-10-2018, 07:14 PM
Pathfinder

How to reverse emotional numbness

I went numb a good while ago but I don't need to be numb anymore. Some days I get unnumbed in various ways and what often happens is there's this feeling of dread/terror, I can meditate on it. Its not as scary as it used to be. After going a while feeling the emotional pain, I tend to go numb again, I don't know how to stop the numbing cuz its not something I'm doing consciously. If I had a way to unnumb myself then I could dedicate a few hours every day to feeling the emotions as intensely as I can handle and release them.
Old 17-12-2018, 06:25 PM
Deactivated Account
When we go numb are not only avoiding the mental pain but we are basically tuning out the sensations coming from our bodies. Mainly our heart and enteric nervous system (the gut). There are neurons in both of those areas, brain matter. You want to reconnect with those areas. Right now you are subconsciously tuning those places out. Just as one would if you had a reoccurring muscle pain. It's still there but the signals are numb or muted. You want to start taking your consciousness down to your gut first. With your eyes closed, a sort of third eye focus, you want to gently press into it. Allow yourself to feel the emotions there. Sometimes there is an instant rejection from the brain. If you stay conscious you will feel that surge downwards from your brain. Come out of it and try again. Allow the emotions to travel upwards into your mind. This may take some practice. Try not to fear it and allow it to come up and stay there until it dissipates naturally, most of the time it only takes a few seconds to dissolve. If the energy doesn't rise from the gut and you feel sick or nauseous this is a sign of deeply repressed emotion. Keep trying with a determined "i will be healed" focus. But with continued focus on this through out the day you can feel the brain pinging the gut after a thought. Usually because of fear. Once you catch this happening hold the thought that caused the infraction in your mind. Hold it there till you come to terms with it. This stops the cyclical nature of thought and emotion in the body.

If you can't feel what I speak of spend time bringing your consciousness into your body. You'll know when you hit that spot in your gut. Ask yourself where would the most intense area of emotion be and you'll find it. For me it's a few inches below the navel and most intense as it fans out to the sides. We can do the same with the heart. But do not bring your consciousness directly on the heart. You want to put it more toward the center of your chest. Allowing any pain you are holding onto there to rise in the same matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAllBeings
I went numb a good while ago but I don't need to be numb anymore. Some days I get unnumbed in various ways and what often happens is there's this feeling of dread/terror, I can meditate on it. Its not as scary as it used to be. After going a while feeling the emotional pain, I tend to go numb again, I don't know how to stop the numbing cuz its not something I'm doing consciously. If I had a way to unnumb myself then I could dedicate a few hours every day to feeling the emotions as intensely as I can handle and release them.

Last edited by Jefferson : 17-12-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 28-12-2018, 02:53 AM
Newbie ;)

Something to try

You are on the right track. If I may suggest a simple method that my help? I suggest finding a quiet spot where you are alone and simply, out loud, tell you body you love it. Simply send loving by talking.
If you want an answer, use your imagination and ask a question. You will get an answer. Trust it. Use it. Then, thank your body and ask more or say what "feels" best, but honest. Might sound corney to you, but give it a try. And don't say anything out loud in a negative way. Like, "I can't do that" or "It never works for me", just positive and love. Your body listens to everything you say. Sort of like saying, you get what you are focused on, good or bad.

If that doesn't float your boat, try a good subliminal message available from lots of places. Choose one with an uplifting positive emotional delivery.