Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 04-07-2016, 12:14 AM
Knower
I want to be an energy healer.

I discovered recently that my purpose in life is to be an energy healer. Not reiki, but some other form of energy healing. I'm not sure what, though, or how to acheive this.

Do I read books? Watch videos? Hire a private teacher?

And.. what are all the types of energy healing, so that I can research the methods and see which one fits with what I feel I need to be doing?

I am so lost. But I know this is my purpose.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:20 AM
Pathfinder

You can learn from reading books. In my opinion, it's better to be trained by an experienced healer, because they can answer questions, clarify things, and even demonstrate for you if you're being taught in person or by live-time video. But books and videos do exist.

The form of energy healing I do is called Chios. It's a relatively new modality (I believe it was developed around 2000) that shares some similarities with Reiki, but also has some differences in philosophy and technique. I've had two students who explored Reiki and Chios and told me Chios "felt more right" to them than Reiki. That isn't to say there's anything wrong with Reiki; it just wasn't what those two students felt drawn to. To be honest, I didn't feel drawn to it either, that's why I learned Chios in the first place and am now struggling to learn Reiki because I'd like to be able to volunteer as a practitioner in hospitals, and the hospitals around here only allow Reiki practitioners, but I still don't feel like it's the right modality *for me*.

There are a number of other forms of energy healing as well, such as EFT and angel healing. There's also crystal healing. Different people feel drawn or called to different practices or modalities; it definitely isn't a one size fits all kind of thing.

You'll get a lot of other answers here, I'm sure, hopefully from practitioners of some of the other modalities. My advice is to read online about the different modalities that exist and trust your instincts and guides to lead you to the one that's the best fit for you.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Knower
Thank you, I will do a search for the modalities, and see what Chios is all about. I'd not heard of it. In the past I've been able to help make people's nausea go away with light touch from my hands, and I can reduce my own headache pain by about 75% I'd say, by touch... something along the lines of doing that would be helpful. I'll explore!
I don't think there are many healers or mentors around where I live so I would probably have to learn the hard way. Maybe it would be easier for me though, we will have to see what works!
Old 05-07-2016, 05:08 AM
Master

Rakoontay
I learnt Pranic Healing and I really like it as well as Reiki. For both these modalities it is a good idea to learn from the healer as the attunement is done in person. Without attunement the healing is not fully activated.
Crystal healing is instinctive I feel, though learning from a practitioner does enhance the healing process.
Some people are healers without consciously doing anything. Their very presence in a room is healing. I guess this applies to people with high vibrations or those who operate on the frequency of unconditional love to all beings.
I wish you luck with whichever modality you choose to practice!
Old 07-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Master

If you want to be a healer you really should find a good teacher for whatever healing field you are drawn too as much isnt put into the books (there is often secret stuff which isnt put out to the general public and all the books usually do is give an overview).

There are so many different forms of healing. I've trained in quite a few.

- There are the forms in which you need to be attuned by another to a certain energy to then be able to use it eg reiki or Seichim/Sekhem (which is an egyptian form which I find a lot softer then reiki energy) fall into this catagory. There is also many other forms of this kind of healing out there nowdays.

- There are the laying on the hands or energy channelling forms which you dont need attunement for eg spiritual healing as taught by the spiritualist churches where they ask for and channel divine energy through their hands to someone.

- crystal healing (there are several forms of this from crystal gridwork to using crystals like a laser during healing)

- chakral healing forms (where the healer works on someones chakras, often they can feel or see these so work on clearing and adjusting these). The healing modality with the registered name of "pranic healing" as taught by Master Choa Kok Sui is one of these forms of healing.

- healing via sacred geometry (using the different vibrations from different patterns or geometry etc)

- colour healing (Master Choa Kok Sui's healing method includes this at the second level)

- angelic healing (healing using the angels to guide). The angels may guide someones hands or body and aid in the healing.

- multi-dimensional healing and psychic surgery. This involves like opening up the aura some and doing things like clearing past lives through removing their energy, removing alien implants, removing entities etc etc.

All these forms are actually fairly accessable to even a novice if one has the right teacher to teach it. A right teacher can have a beginner feeling energy and working with it fairly fast (but then it can take a lot of practice to become a good healer). Something like multi-dimensional healing or angel healing may take several months to learn as one often goes through spiritual growth and adjustments while learning these things due to having to raise ones vibration.

A decent reiki course usually is 2 or 3 days for basic level. colour healing is usually taught over a few days (but one needs to learn the healing basics before that which also take a few days). Spiritual healing as taught by spiritual churches can be learnt almost immediately as its simply just asking for the energy and then just allowing it come through to the other. chakral healing can be learnt over a few days.

Ive travelled to another state at times to learn various healing forms with good teachers when they've been in Australia. These lessons I had were invaluable to me, nothing beats seeing what an exceptional healer can do while sharing how its done. I've seen things most wouldnt believe, things healed before my eyes which many would deem impossible.

and then just practice, practice, practice :) . The more healing you do, the better one usually gets at it.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Experiencer
The biggest advice I can give for this other than about modalities is to make sure you find one technique for shielding and one for cleansing. They can be simple or elaborate, it doesn't matter as long as you feel comfortable using it. They're important for healers to have, particularly since most healers are also empaths and therefore prone to gathering others' energy.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 12-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Knower
I have a question about empaths. I'm not quite sure if I am or not. Sometimes I can be with someone who is really upset and it bothers me a lot and then I get upset, angry, sad, whichever type of upset. It like, makes me the same as them. But as far as empathy goes in the general sense, I find it hard to understand how other people may be feeling, as though I have no empathy for others. So that confuses me...
Old 20-07-2016, 04:41 PM
Knower
I am currently looking into Chios because when reading about it, it felt exactly as I imagined myself doing. Right now I am seeking out a teacher, but I read that you can learn through videos and books, which I may do also. Thank you so much everyone for your responses.
Old 21-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Experiencer
Good luck on your journey. Remember to keep a clear intention that you want to take this path, and you'll find ways to do that even when circumstances seem impossible for it.
"Sometimes you will act as an angel to others, perhaps without even realizing it. One day a woman comes up to you and says 'You saved my life'. You look at her astonished, trying to remember the last time you even saw this person before, the meeting meant so little to you at the time. 'Don't you remember? I was standing on the bridge, staring at the water, and you passed and said 'Good morning'."
Old 21-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Pathfinder

As I said previously, you can learn through books or videos. Chios offers some of its materials for free on their website. But having a teacher has the advantage of giving you someone from whom you can get answers and advice, and have things clarified if you don't understand something.

Personally, I would advise anyone studying any healing modality to work with a teacher for at least part of the instruction, but that's my opinion.