Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > EFT

Old 12-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Knower
What am I doing wrong?

Okay, so I known about EFT for awhile. I think it used to help but honestly sometimes it doesn't. I am not sure why? I thought you tap on your head, side of eye, under eye, eye brow, under nose, chin, under arm, all fingers but the ring. Also you say "I am...something... but I fully accept myself. I did a quick one on problems I am dealing with for five minutes, nothing. I didn't feel any different. Do I say something that's bothering me and that i fully accept myself? or do I have to be more specific. Like I even did "I feel lonely but I fully accept myself", and things like that that bothers me.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:56 PM
I was asked to do it 3 times
after coming from a '10'...it decreased in severity to a 7 and then
pretty much a zero if I thought about the event...
I couldn't even muster a feeling about it....it
was a traffic incident, that I arrived with at a friend's (a therapist),
where someone almost killed me.

Logic, that she was on medication did not help my emotions at all!
Ha! That was in 24 yrs ago, tho.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Master
Aquarisun dear maybe you should check out a variety of material, and see if any sync.. I would go to youtube and tap along with a few different people, or perhaps some have insightful information about why your tapping isn't working. if I were to guess personally I would think that you need to expand and let yourself consider other factors and issues and solutions and explanations
Old 12-03-2015, 03:30 AM
joyforlife

I have not had total success with it either
Old 12-03-2015, 03:31 AM
joyforlife

.........:)
Old 12-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Everly

Nothing works for everyone, which is why we have such an abundance of tools. (EFT doesn't work for me, either, and I've worked with a certified practitioner.)
Old 09-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarisun
Okay, so I known about EFT for awhile. I think it used to help but honestly sometimes it doesn't. I am not sure why? I thought you tap on your head, side of eye, under eye, eye brow, under nose, chin, under arm, all fingers but the ring. Also you say "I am...something... but I fully accept myself. I did a quick one on problems I am dealing with for five minutes, nothing. I didn't feel any different. Do I say something that's bothering me and that i fully accept myself? or do I have to be more specific. Like I even did "I feel lonely but I fully accept myself", and things like that that bothers me.

Using generic scripts is not going to work as well as using ones that are tailored for your problem specifically.
You are also unlikely to get results from doing a 'quick one'.

What I would do would be to do a few generic ones (following YouTube videos or finding scripts elsewhere), then once you get a feel for how it works (the set up etc) create your own script specific to the problem you are working on.

Think of it a bit like talking to a therapist, where during your tapping you say about the problem, how it makes you feel, let the 'conversation' flow naturally and let all the emotions associated with the issue arise.

You may find that events from your past, seemingly unrelated to the problem you are addressing, crop up. This event is likely to be key to the root of the issue.
Tap on this event (in a separate session).
Old 09-03-2016, 09:59 AM
Newbie ;)

Try "Faster EFT" by Robert G Smith. He has hundreds of Youtube videos. It's extremely effective.
Old 13-03-2016, 05:02 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarisun
First, it is something you have to do a lot as we have many limiting beliefs, so anytime you fee not great, tap. I did it a few times, when I learned, and I decided it doesn't work for me. However after UncleManifestor encouraged me by his example to use it often, it started working well for me. I mix it with EMDR, especially, when I feel EFT is not doing the trick for me. Both will always do it for me.
Also, for me I noticed, that I might not feel much difference immediately, but then just a few minutes later I feel my mood becoming light and I am happy for hours. Like there is this delayed effect or maybe things rearranging after I already stopped EFT.
Then there is such a thing as reversed polarity, so for some problems you might want to do the sequence to bring it back. I can't remember exactly, but search for it.
Old 11-05-2016, 11:46 PM
Knower
Thanks for the tips and advice guys :) I am going to try again. Reading EFT for Dummies right now. :)