Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 27-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by painter_lady
Rejection. It has followed me all my life, but the worst rejection I have ever had was the day someone who I thought,( and had promised me) would never give up on me..... the day he told me he didn't want me anymore…..I died that day ….

I'm very sorry for the terrible emotions you've experienced, painter_lady...I know that feeling very well.
Words shouldn't be spoken when promises cannot be kept...the extent of hurt is unimaginable.

I hope you are feeling better as we speak...
Old 27-08-2014, 07:59 PM
painter_lady

It was along time ago.....I have just learnt to accept it and have moved on I guess, however, I will never love anyone else.
Old 27-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Master
Quote:
It was along time ago.....I have just learnt to accept it and have moved on I guess, however, I will never love anyone else.

Never say never, although I get your drift....*sigh*

Sending you lots of love and hugs...take care of yourself...
Old 29-08-2014, 02:19 PM
painter_lady

rejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78
This rejection thing, is one of the strangest aspect one can encounter...

About fifteen years ago, I linked up with a soulmate and our relationship blossomed...

Then, after about five years, we started to have problems, mostly related to the lack of respect, her children showed to their mother...

Being some twenty seven years older than my SM, I suppose I could be considered as a member of the old school, where in some aspects of family life, children did as they were told and not as they wanted... Sadly (or so I considered at that time) my SM leant in favour of allowing all she's come to understand family life to be: to rule the day... Concequently, the relationship went to pieces and I very quickly felt I was no longer welcome in that family home...

Naturally, that saddened me, but without a second thought, I packed my bags and left...

Over the ensuing years, right up to the present date, our relationship has blossomed in an entirely different way, with a caring, friendly (separate life) companionship, bonding us together as might be in a brother/sister situation... We love each other to bits ~ from a distance: so to speak...

Her children, obviously, have long since left home, but their traits of disrespect linger on, still having a devestating effect on my SM...

But It is her choice to allow that to continue, although she does, from time to time, stand back from such ~ allbeit for short periods of time only...

Looking back, I saw no reason to be resentful about any part of that situation in any way and still hold similar thoughts as being paramount in my life...

So, for me, rejection is now nothing more than a tool of the 'life lesson' trade and to be honest, since accepting such a principle, it's added further peaceful characteristics to my way of life, which to this day: serve a very useful purpose...

We love each other to bits ~ from a distance: so to speak...

sounds as if you are happy with this,,,,that must be wonderful
Old 29-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Master
It's simply a step along the way Painter_Lady...

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...

Old 30-08-2014, 02:14 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Rejection. It has followed me all my life, but the worst rejection I have ever had was the day someone who I thought,( and had promised me) would never give up on me..... the day he told me he didn't want me anymore…..I died that day ….
I hope one day you will see, that he gave you the best gift ever - opportunity to love yourself and learn to never depend on other's love for your joy and happiness. Other's love is a bonus, not the main thing. Love from Universe is always there for you - just learn to connect to it directly, not because you are in relationship or for any other reason. You are love yourself.
Old 30-08-2014, 06:55 PM
painter_lady

When we have been rejected, which part of us is being rejected?
I realize that Rejection is a part of life, and that learning to cope with it can be very difficult….However, do you think it is possible that if we allow ourselves to accept and choose to be our wounded self in a relationship, there is a good possibility that we will be rejected?
Our core self, our true Self, is who we really are, and I believe was formed long before we were born, ‘so’ If someone rejects us for our wounded self, maybe we need to look at it as an opportunity to learn…. And If someone rejects us for our core Self, then maybe we are well rid! Because such a person would never be willing to support us for whom we really are…..
Just my thoughts …….
Painter_lady
Old 30-08-2014, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
We have all been there before.
How do deal with the object of your affection doesn't want you. ?
Bec of past insights into Past Lives...
I now figure I rejected or hurt them very much one time and am being shown...
"This is what it felt like, so please learn not to hurt anyone anymore."
Just deal with it...thank God I am being
shown this oh so valuable growth lesson to help me be a better person...a purer soul.

I see it now as a blessing in disguise...I just learned this this year!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-08-2014, 03:02 PM
Lasya

I have been finding rejection quite hard i guess reading these comments about it actually made me think a bit more about my siutation. I guess i have a lot to learn when it comes to being able to know things and being able to deal with things, im trying to love myself too, i just hope i can move past with what i am dealing with, thankyou all for sharing about what rejection means to you, i think i pretty much feel the same, in that it is a lesson to be taught and if the person does not have the same feelings, then its his/her loss as i see it, where better than that, too as we tend to put up with a lot of pain when it comes to rejection and then realization that the person doesnt want us, even as we hope, they still might. i hope i am making some sense here. Blessings to all.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Master

This theory of rejection, seems to have become very elasticated and can be viewed from a number of perspectives by as many individuals, all of whom are likely to come up with different answers or suppositions...

Might the sufferer not be their own worst enemy in some cases, reasoning that there has been an act of rejection, whereby the supposed guilty party, does not feel or think they have committed such a (shall we call it) crime... It's how whatever has been said (or done) is interpreted by the other person... And how is it possible for one or the other, to see exactly the same reasoning, without there being an in-depth discussion of some description...

I consider that instead of one person being judge and jury, it's more appropriate for one and all to leave judgmental considerations out of the equation and wait to see what transpires between all parties concerned... It's then and only then, in that final countdown, that the ultimate truth will present itself to all concerned...

Simply my take on the subject....

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...