Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 31-10-2013, 10:37 PM
ramat

We don't believe in choosing poverty or pain etc. This is exactly the problem of current life. Ignorance. We have to have direct experience or listen to the research. We never fully understand till we have direct experience.

Michael Newton's research shows that soul will be given choices to take birth , may be few, not too many, to take next life and this is all guided by spiritual guides for that soul. I think when soul leaves body , it can see and understand impartially what was it doing earlier and also what mistakes it did. Amazingly.

So it seems there is higher reality for rebirth itself. Learning seems to part of journey. what to learn..? IMO, learn that we are part of whole and love all.
Old 31-10-2013, 11:41 PM
Gracey

Does any one here in all honesty remember choosing their life plan before they were born?
Old 31-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Master

Excellent question!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:45 AM
Master

Can't say that I do, but I don't remember a lot of things....... :)

I was listening to a guide speaking last night on this very subject. It seems we do plan our lives before we get here - it was rather interesting to hear him speak about the fact that there really is no "time" on the other side, and we have already lived all of our lives that we have planned from a broader perspective, but when we are "in" this one, at a microscopic level, we can't remember because we choose it that way. what fun would it be, what adventures could we have, what drama could be create, if we already knew how it was all going to unfold? I am told we come here for the fun of it :) and if we already knew it was all going to turn out alright, which it always does according to him, then we wouldn't need to come.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Knower

After choosing its new life, the soul drinks from the waters of Lethe, forgetfulness, so all memories are washed away before life begins anew. (Plato's Dream of Er)
Old 03-11-2013, 05:03 PM
livingkarma

In thinking about this thread again, I still believe we choose what lessons we are to learn, however, how they play out on earth is not by our chosing ...
Old 03-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Experiencer

i remember my "conversation in the womb" where each of us regardless of creed are mature enough to reach conclusions and develop even a very un - Buddhist outlook to redeem the Dream. I have had conversations with the imperative of the group of souls who are learning about couth and even redeeming their dream of pre-conceived
Old 03-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Master

I discussed this with my guides once. They insisted that all we as individuals get to choose is whether to be reborn or not, and nothing else. I did not ask them what is decided for our lives by the Powers That Be without our knowledge or consent, but I have nasty suspicions. Free will.... yeah right.
Old 16-11-2013, 09:22 AM
SmilingRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
I know a guy who says that we chose our lives before we are born.

Please forgive me everyone for not having time to read all of the replies of the previous pages, I will return later to read them and ensure that my reply here touches on any topics that I missed. I just felt that it was important to give a quick reply while the opportunity existed.

Mystik, I have a friend who used the Mystik user name on another spiritual forum long years ago; I miss him still.

For myself, I have always held the interpretation that the "I" (soul, spirit, or whatever a person wishes to call the I) chose this life for a specific purpose. A humorous event was the first time I saw a map of the USA in school, the teacher pointed to where my city is located and I thought to myself "Why did I choose that region to be born?" I will be kind and not bore the socks of you with my long-winded explanations, but some of us are more than confident that we chose this life as well as the events in the life.

I have asked similar questions as yours, and for me I have found answers that appear satisfactory to me, although the answers might not be satisfactory to other people.

My sole purpose is to experience 3D life as 3D life itself; that's it. To me each and every experience is treasured as an experience, and especially important are the emotions because some emotions can only be experienced in a 3D life. The intensity of an emotion is usually dictated by how intense a person enjoys a thing, plus how often the person gets to experience the thing (e.g. loving pizza, but not getting to eat pizza more than once every five years, each bite is then more intense than eating pizza every day). Enduring hardships for decades, and then experiencing one kind word may result in a rapturous emotion that is unique and unobtainable through any other method in the universe.

To me, individuals with serious illnesses and/or deformities are of greater souls than mine because they are suffering a life that enables me to experience intense compassion, love, sympathy, and a longing wish for their betterment; beautiful emotions that I could never ever experience any other way. And if their souls are looking for a similar experience to experience intense emotions, then they too are experiencing emotions and experiences that could not be had through any other means.

To me, reincarnation is not quite a proper concept because it is founded upon the interpretation as seen from the 3D point of view, but from a different point of view the 3D life can be sensible and endurable.

On predestination, yes it does seem to be a difficult concept when viewed from the 3D, but again, from a different point of view it is no less beautiful and magnificent as free will, for after all, it was free will that chose 3D life, and as we now today appear to make a choice by free will that we will physically perform at a later date, so might the soul have previously chosen a choice through free will that is now today being physically performed (but that is just my interpretation, and it may not apply to everyone).

For me, I have never cared much for the popular concepts of reincarnation and predestination, and though I may not agree with most books' theories, that is still okay because my interest remains in experiencing life, and the various theories just keep life a little more brightly colored. ;-)
Old 16-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I discussed this with my guides once. They insisted that all we as individuals get to choose is whether to be reborn or not, and nothing else. I did not ask them what is decided for our lives by the Powers That Be without our knowledge or consent, but I have nasty suspicions. Free will.... yeah right.

i remember the time right before i was born. i stood in darkness before a bright light (it was to my right). i was told i was to be born. i looked down to my left and in the depths i saw a photograph of a woman who was pregnant. i could see an xray of a baby in her womb. i knew this was to be my body. i knew all the negativity of the world i was to be born into and i said to the light that i didn't want to be born. i was born anyways, it was not my will.

if i did not have this memory, i think my ego would like it very much to believe that i am in control of my own destiny.

edit: just want to add when i stood before the light before i knew i was to be born, the amount of joy, peace i felt was immeasurable.