Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Scott

Life after Death

(This is a blog post from my signature.)

What happens after you die? Does your life just end? Do you reincarnate into another being, or does karma determine your fate?

These questions have been asked generation after generation. We all want to know what happens after we die.

Before discussing the possibility of an afterlife, let’s view what happens when we die: the heart stops beating, the brain shuts down, the lungs collapse, the eyes cloud up, the skin turns ashy white, and the muscles stiffen.

Viewed from the outside, the body is a lifeless shell.

You can’t take anything with you. You can’t take your car, you can’t take any money, you can’t take anything physical. The only thing you can take is something that’s non-physical. Can you guess what it is?

It’s your soul.

The soul is the only thing you can possibly take with you. It is the only thing that’s real.

“What is real is what does not change”

The body is constantly changing. It’s always growing. Everyday there’s new skin cells, blood cells, proteins. At a molecular level, your body is entirely different compared to what it was one second ago.

So is it real?

You aren’t here to suffer. You are here to enjoy this world. When you are reborn you can remind others this message.

You can live in fear thinking “Why do I have to die?” or see past the illusion of death and acknowledge you are an eternal and everlasting being. It’s your choice.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Master
one cannot know for sure if life continues after death in any form. the idea of the soul might just be a comforting notion we've made up. near death experiences are not death experiences either. i would not categorically state either way but i feel something probably continues if i'm honest. fingers crossed eh :)

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 12-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Neville

Given my very real need to keep things uncomplicated, I swivelled the question a bit into Death before life...As given the cyclical nature of all things I figure the answer is the same. To know what comes after life, we have to remember what came before it. For me it was the void of deep dreamless sleep where time and space were irrelevant to me..Not unlike that deep sleep we experience before the dreaming time.

Which, ain't so bad really.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by necta3
one cannot know for sure if life continues after death in any form. the idea of the soul might just be a comforting notion we've made up.

Yes, but which belief is a more empowering: the idea that our lives are temporary, or that we are eternal beings?
Old 12-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
To know what comes after life, we have to remember what came before it. For me it was the void of deep dreamless sleep where time and space were irrelevant to me..Not unlike that deep sleep we experience before the dreaming time.

Can you clarify your interpretation of life after death?
Old 12-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Yes, but which belief is a more empowering: the idea that our lives are temporary, or that we are eternal beings?

hi Scott, why should i be interested in being empowered? the fact is we cannot know for sure either way. truth is more important to me than some notion of empowerment and the truth here is i don't know for sure, can't know till it happens, no-one can.
the belief that we are eternal is certainly more comforting, afterall the I fears ending/not being and out of this fear we project.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 12-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Scott

Quote:
why should i be interested in being empowered? the fact is we cannot know for sure either way. truth is more important to me than some notion of empowerment and the truth here is i don't know for sure, can't know till it happens, no-one can.
the belief that we are eternal is certainly more comforting, afterall the I fears ending/not being and out of this fear we project.

The truth is what you make it to be.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
The truth is what you make it to be.

are you saying that you can alter the physical reality?

Old 12-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Neville

Quote:
Can you clarify your interpretation of life after death?

Gladly...Zero Brain activity.

A delta wave is a high amplitude brain wave with a frequency of oscillation between 0–4 hertz. Delta waves, like other brain waves, are recorded with an electroencephalogram (EEG) and are usually associated with the deepest stages of sleep .

The lowest point of the delta frequency is 0 hertz no brain activity...Like the Zero Brain actiity I alluded to in my opening sentence..

A deep timeless void of a sleep in perpetuity, a perpetuity that will not matter to us because in our very deep sleeps each day we are not aware of anything..Not time, Not warmth or cold, No material concerns pervade this sanctuary of peace and silence..

If the 0 hertz of the very deepest sleep equates to the 0 hertz of nil Brain activity in death,,Well it's not all that bad at all.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Scott

Quote:
are you saying that you can alter the physical reality?

No, but by changing the way you think, you create the reality you want.