Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 07-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Knower

'Dark' Mediumship

Hello all.

Now this may appear to be a strange question but is there such a thing as dark or black mediumship? Maybe a bit like white magic and black magic however i do not do magic and am far more of the mediumship and divination specialities.

I ask as surely there has to be a balance between light and dark, if everything was light then one the world would be in a better place then it is now and two life may not be as much fun.

If anyone has any information on dark mediumship then i would be very grateful.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:16 AM
Master

I once heard a story of a world build purely on light, which made it so unsustainable that it crashed. So maybe it is our perception of darkness that suffers our light? Just a thought. For me white magic is the restriction to only do good, and black is to not set any restrictions to what you might attract. In this sense I think you could define something as dark mediumship. In some sense you could say you only use a crutch as long as your leg is broken... not sure if my ramblings make sense
Old 30-01-2016, 10:38 AM
Knower

Thanks for your reply melanin. I understand what you mean and maybe there are no restrictions in mediumship either but we only see light in public places such as churches and not the darker aspects. I'm one of those that's wants to be shown the nitty gritty either by my guides or others but still being protected. I feel that I'm heading down a darker path and will be for a little while to come, not forever but a couple of years tops. I still don't understand my role, I'm not a healer and whilst I do get messages it's far more about my own life. I feel like in on the fence in regards to life's morals as well which really isn't like me, I'm a puratarian at heart. Maybe I'm a little lost.
Old 31-01-2016, 12:51 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallandcute
I'm one of those that's wants to be shown the nitty gritty either by my guides or others but still being protected. I feel that I'm heading down a darker path and will be for a little while to come, not forever but a couple of years tops.

Here is something from the text "From Beast to Godhead": Chthonic is depicted in all myths as the Underworld, Hell or Hades. Jungian author James Hillman considers this Underworld to be the residence of the soul, the place the hero must descend in order to find his essence. Down there in the underworld of oneself is where you face your fears and overcome your weaknesses, but it is also a place where it is easy to feel lost. You are dwelling deep within your own darkness removed from the light of the world.

I like these words of Achilles: Go to the far banks of the river Styx to visit grief and sorrow, and you might not make it back on your own. In the path of healing it is important to transmute those two into joy, and he makes a simple reminder that though you might feel alone in the darkness of your underworld, there is an importance in asking for help if you need it

Even more I like these words from the underworld Goddess Melinoe: The caterpillar weaves itself in a web of darkness just to emerge as a beautiful butterfly.
Old 03-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Thanks for your reply melanin. I understand what you mean and maybe there are no restrictions in mediumship either but we only see light in public places such as churches and not the darker aspects. I'm one of those that's wants to be shown the nitty gritty either by my guides or others but still being protected. I feel that I'm heading down a darker path and will be for a little while to come, not forever but a couple of years tops. I still don't understand my role, I'm not a healer and whilst I do get messages it's far more about my own life. I feel like in on the fence in regards to life's morals as well which really isn't like me, I'm a puratarian at heart. Maybe I'm a little lost.

Maybe you are just trying to understand the darker side that is all. Mediumship to me is about getting true and accurate messages from loved ones on the other side who have hopefully made it to the light. A high level of cosnciousness is required for this. I cant imagine what dark mediumship would mean really or what the interest would be. People who are in a lower vibration on the other side either dont know they are dead or are having a hard time facing themselves so are caught up in a world of illusions. They hold on to negative emotions such as anger, depression, hatred etc..They would not see the truth of who they are. That is why they are in the dark as opposed to the light.
Old 30-01-2016, 05:13 PM
Master
Hi,

The dark and light balance for all of humanity and within each of us is shifting. We have pasted a marker and nothing will ever be the same. Compassion is the key in dealing with this balance. Not sure what kind of nitty gritty you want to be shown by your guides. This in not an intellectual undertaking. It is a heart centered kind of investment.

Essentially when you can embrace all that you are in a compassionate manner, nothing can harm you.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 03-05-2016, 03:39 AM
Experiencer
Yes, people can use their powers to "bad" things as well.

It is very common and usually they use spirits to help them out.
I was born in Brazil and we do have some religions that do bad things to people like "bounding them" to other people (we call it love bounding, some kind of love spell), others can do it to actually kill enemies and rivals or make them very very sick and miserable. They offer the spirits stuff in return like alcohol, living animais, food, cigarettes, gold, money, etc etc.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoliveira
Yes, people can use their powers to "bad" things as well.

It is very common and usually they use spirits to help them out.
I was born in Brazil and we do have some religions that do bad things to people like "bounding them" to other people (we call it love bounding, some kind of love spell), others can do it to actually kill enemies and rivals or make them very very sick and miserable. They offer the spirits stuff in return like alcohol, living animais, food, cigarettes, gold, money, etc etc.

Would petitioning spirits necessarily be considered a form of mediumship, though? I am familiar with the practice of spirit offerings in African diasporic religions & Afro-Caribbean religions & practices, and also in offerings to the saints in traditional southern conjure, hoodoo and folk magic-- however I don't know if that could be considered mediumship..? Except perhaps in the case of actual priests (of the aforementioned religions) that are able to directly communicate with spirits, or practitioners who happen to be already be mediums. (Sorry if I'm being dense or redundant; haven't had coffee yet) I know that in traditional southern conjure (not sure if there's an equivalent in other traditions) there is an unfortunately popular ritual which summons an "intranquil spirit" or hellhound to hound and torment a person until they return to you. Oh, and of course, there's the practice of collecting dirt from the grave of a person who was wicked and "evil" in life, and using it to cross people, then paying them in coins etc. And collecting dirt from the grave of a person who loved you to use in the more dominating/compelling side of love work. But again, that seems like a more indirect way of communicating with/compelling spirits for darker purposes.

Anyway, to answer the original post-- no, I don't think "dark mediumship" is really a thing, since mediumship itself isn't inherently "dark" or "light"; a person can be a catalyst for either thing, or have positive or negative (or simply..neutral) intentions, but that's true for any spiritual practice/ability.

I'm sure there are ways one can use their mediumship abilities in a "dark" way, though I'm not really sure how, aside from, as mentioned, attempting to get a spirit or entity to torment someone (via ritual or offerings or simply communicating with them). And I have read of people summoning lots of low-level entities to harass and irritate their enemies.. I don't know. I don't often hear of people getting human spirits to do their evil bidding unless it's for reasons I mentioned above. If I tried to do that, for instance, I would suspect that my deviant spirit helper was in fact a non-human entity just messing with me.

I occasionally practice what would be considered to be "evil" (due to media misrepresentation) by others-- harmless herb and plant based folk magic, really-- and there can be a lot of grey area, I suppose, but so much is subjective. Especially if you do not subscribe to the western, new-age version of karma or "law of three" that was somehow popularized in the in the 60s or 70s all because of a few books.. (Not that there is anything wrong with adopting whatever resonates with you, etc etc) Anyway, sorry, getting off topic.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Administrator
Mediunship is about validation from lost loved ones,light and dark go together just as night follows day,its not the mediumship thats dark its the people who claim to be able to use it,
everyone at some point has had a bad experience with people who claim to be mediums,all they can tell you is gloom and doom.where other get great validation which helps them move on,

Namaste
Old 03-05-2016, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello all.

Now this may appear to be a strange question but is there such a thing as dark or black mediumship? Maybe a bit like white magic and black magic however i do not do magic and am far more of the mediumship and divination specialities.

I ask as surely there has to be a balance between light and dark, if everything was light then one the world would be in a better place then it is now and two life may not be as much fun.

If anyone has any information on dark mediumship then i would be very grateful.
There isn't really any such thing as a "dark" or "light" medium - it's all in the perception of it.

Having said that, the beings I get coming through aren't exactly 'all love and light' if you get me.

Those who don't know what they are will tell me they are demons or Satan (I'd love to be able to channel the 'big evil dude' himself one day) and they all say 'stay away from contacting such entities' or 'be careful' or 'you'll end up getting possessed'..

Oops, is that a horse I see bolting away? time to close the stable door.

I'm not scared of them, I play with mischievous and evil spirits and they're actually quite witty and funny sometimes.

They are not out to hurt me or anybody else, but serve to remind me about the flaws and failings within the collective human psyche and the only message they have for people is; 'watch your back'.

I also just got the message; 'who are you trying to kid? you're as dark as they come'. lol

Quote:
this Underworld to be the residence of the soul, the place the hero must descend in order to find his essence. Down there in the underworld of oneself is where you face your fears and overcome your weaknesses, but it is also a place where it is easy to feel lost. You are dwelling deep within your own darkness removed from the light of the world.
Exactly!