Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-03-2019, 06:57 AM
Seeker

Update - As I continue I feel the shaking has reduced considerably, although it does happen each time. But it feels like the energy is shaken up and it settles down soon after. It does travel head to toe sometimes, sometimes its just my torso, sometimes my hips and legs. It doesn't scare me anymore. I actually like the feeling . So lets hope I am on the right track
Old 27-03-2019, 12:04 PM
Master
If you like the feeling then you might feel empowered to work/play with it. See if you can send it to different parts of your body, ask it what it wants, or stay cantered in observing mode. Do what feels good in the moment. It’s your bliss trying to express through the human body. The first time I realized I could move Prana whenever a kriya happened and to become a cocreator with the Kundalini evolutionary power was a real turning point for me.
Old 30-03-2019, 08:07 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
The first time I realized I could move Prana whenever a kriya happened and to become a cocreator with the Kundalini evolutionary power was a real turning point for me.
So, do you just visualise energy being moved from the location of vibration to where you want it to go. Give me an example of what you achieved with this turning point. What changed for you by chanelling the energy ?
Old 02-04-2019, 12:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousW
So, do you just visualise energy being moved from the location of vibration to where you want it to go. Give me an example of what you achieved with this turning point. What changed for you by channelling the energy ?

The breath technique...

It depends on whether you can perceive subtle energy, and how you perceive energy. Do you breathe mindfully (that's the science of pranayama)? Life force energy (chi/qi/prana) is carried in the breath. The lungs feed on oxygen in from the air element, and the soul's body (the subtle body with the chakras and nadis/meridians in it) feeds on the prana in the air. At some point you would become aware of the prana moving in the breath so you can use the breathing to move the prana to where you want it to go.

Ultimately you can move it with the mind as you get into more subtle awareness of prana. We are fed prana from within without breathing as well. Our thoughts also carry prana.

If you go to a yoga class and learn how to do what is called ujai breathing you may get good results - that's what did it for me the first time I began to manage the prana in my body. First you become aware of how prana moves with the breath, then use the mind and the breath to focus it where you want it to go. The ujai breathing (closing the epiglottis) helps to focus it more. And you can experiment with that - counting, holding, releasing, belly breathing - there is a huge science to it.

I personally find this far more powerful than visualizations which tend to be a mental exercise only.

If you are not able to perceive subtle energy, then you can try the beginner things of course like visualizing colours or saying bij mantras - but the end goal is to link up with the energy and ultimately the consciousness behind it.

When Kundalini is awakened by a Master and begins to ride up the sushumna, which is our central subtle energy channel in the spine, then you will get even greater control because She is working to open up your consciousness on the inside as you work with Her on the outside.

So I don't know where you are at with this or how much of this makes sense to you, or what your goals are with it are - all of this comes into play and will effect your results.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:14 AM
Master
p.s. Actually if your teacher is a Reiki master - learning to channel Reiki is a fantastic way to engage energy from the Source to help you manage the energy shifts.

But the idea is really allowing Kundalini to do its thing, and be in the driver's seat. You can also use it to heal your body and thinking and emotions. Kundalini works on a much deeper level to heal things from past lives, the patterns that block on a deep level - that we begin to change when we decide to take the seeker's journey consciously working on our ego as well.

Too much to say here!
Old 03-04-2019, 04:43 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
p.s. Actually if your teacher is a Reiki master - learning to channel Reiki is a fantastic way to engage energy from the Source to help you manage the energy shifts.

But the idea is really allowing Kundalini to do its thing, and be in the driver's seat. You can also use it to heal your body and thinking and emotions. Kundalini works on a much deeper level to heal things from past lives, the patterns that block on a deep level - that we begin to change when we decide to take the seeker's journey consciously working on our ego as well.

Too much to say here!
Thanks Uma for all the info.Theres so much to learn..I am a total newbie...so I think I'll just go with the flow.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousW
Update - As I continue I feel the shaking has reduced considerably, although it does happen each time. But it feels like the energy is shaken up and it settles down soon after. It does travel head to toe sometimes, sometimes its just my torso, sometimes my hips and legs. It doesn't scare me anymore. I actually like the feeling . So lets hope I am on the right track

That's good. It's a sensation that can come or not come, or come then later go away. Your job is just remain peaceful regardless of sensations that arise or don't arise.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Master
As a word of caution - it's important to be mindful of the health of the physical body - it could be a physical issue, it could be a combination of spiritual experience and physical issue, or the spiritual by itself. If you're not sure get a checkup.

Also it's not a good idea to force anything.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:44 PM
Seeker

It's nothing for concern . Just keep your focus on your practice and try not to be distracted .
It happens to me and I love it so I get caught up in thoughts as it's happening!

You could look locally for an ashram or yoga centre with a swami and ask for some guidance. ..but only if you feel comfortable with that. In the satyananda lineage you work with energy but it's not the point or end point. ☺