Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 21-09-2017, 05:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Go back a couple of pages and you will see it is one and the same.

Did he say he knows who has or hasn't?

He is saying if you have no knowledge of kundalini you remain asleep and have no knowledge of God because God is that light/energy.

How about a Christian saint?

You when have realized the light something more happens.

Gurus always have an entourage who hang on and believe in every word they say without questioning, sometimes it's good to step back and delve a little more. Knowledge of God has nothing to do with Kundalini.... mybe that is how Hindu's see it but it's not a universal belief. He wouldn't know how people have knowledge of God anyway so it's a silly statement to make.

Energy and consciouness according to Scientist are different. Consciouness is non-located, non physical but energy is located and physical. New age beliefs don't always fit into scientific evidence. I remember a talk given by HHDL where he stated that if Scientist have evidence that goes against Buddha's teachings then Buddhism must change....
Old 21-09-2017, 01:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Gurus always have an entourage who hang on and believe in every word they say without questioning, sometimes it's good to step back and delve a little more. Knowledge of God has nothing to do with Kundalini.... mybe that is how Hindu's see it but it's not a universal belief. He wouldn't know how people have knowledge of God anyway so it's a silly statement to make.

He was talking from within his tradition and to disparage him says more about you than him.

Quote:
Energy and consciouness according to Scientist are different. Consciouness is non-located, non physical but energy is located and physical. New age beliefs don't always fit into scientific evidence. I remember a talk given by HHDL where he stated that if Scientist have evidence that goes against Buddha's teachings then Buddhism must change....

Yes, he is saying that science is finding more and more of the truths that Buddhism speaks of. Like string theory.. that everything is of one essence and connected.

Here is what the Buddha had to say about your view.

Quote:
Mahamati, what is meant by the attachment to the notion of self-nature arising from discrimination? This attachment takes place when a man, seeing that the elements and the qualities such as blue, yellow, warmth, humidity, motility, and rigidity, have never been created by a creator, yet clings to the notions of individuality and generality in accordance with the measures laid down in books of logic. Mahamati, the Bodhisattva, knowing what this is, must abandon it. Conforming himself to the egolessness of things and holding back the wrong views regarding the egolessness of a person, the Bodhisattva should keep himself on the continuously-ascending journey along the stages. This is the Sravaka's attachment to the notion of self-nature arising from the discrimination of existence.

http://lirs.ru/do/lanka_eng/lanka-nondiacritical.htm

Discard such things sky.

Did you also notice he said stages?
Old 21-09-2017, 02:27 PM
Master
QUOTE=jonesboy]He was talking from within his tradition and to disparage him says more about you than him.

Yes that's good because I use common sense not just the teachings of a guru.

Yes, he is saying that science is finding more and more of the truths that Buddhism speaks of. Like string theory.. that everything is of one essence and connected.

No, what he's saying is if science proves that what Buddhist believe is wrong then Buddhism needs to change

Buddha would and did say btw that you must explore things for yourself and not just to believe teachings/words from him or others.
Old 21-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
QUOTE=jonesboy]He was talking from within his tradition and to disparage him says more about you than him.

Yes that's good because I use common sense not just the teachings of a guru.

No, what he's saying is if science proves that what Buddhist believe is wrong then Buddhism needs to change

Buddha would and did say btw that you must explore things for yourself and not just to believe teachings/words from him or others.

You know sky it just gets really old. It really seems all you want to do is argue.

You put down gurus and teachers and tell everyone you don't need one yet you learned both Tai Chi and QiQong from teachers didn't you? Chinese masters I believe you called them.

Are you not a teacher of those two practices yourself yet you tell everyone else they don't need one.

Your traditions and practices are all energy based, tantric yet you want to come to the Buddhist section and put down anything tantric related.

The Buddha said find a teacher so you can learn the right methods to explore for yourself if the teachings are true.

Not make up your own stuff and call it Buddhism.

I find no value in your comments, you don't add value to any thread but attacks and little snide comments. You like to take quotes out of context to prove your version of Buddhism but will dismiss the rest of a paragraph or sutra because it doesn't agree with your view.

Having a different view is perfectly okay. Attacking another's view that disagrees with yours is not. Attacking traditions, a culture and it's people because you don't agree is wrong as well.

Anyways, I am done responding to you because it really doesn't add any value.

Have a nice day.
Old 21-09-2017, 04:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
You know sky it just gets really old. It really seems all you want to do is argue.

You put down gurus and teachers and tell everyone you don't need one yet you learned both Tai Chi and QiQong from teachers didn't you? Chinese masters I believe you called them.
Are you not a teacher of those two practices yourself yet you tell everyone else they don't need one.

Your traditions and practices are all energy based, tantric yet you want to come to the Buddhist section and put down anything tantric related.

The Buddha said find a teacher so you can learn the right methods to explore for yourself if the teachings are true.

Not make up your own stuff and call it Buddhism.

I find no value in your comments, you don't add value to any thread but attacks and little snide comments. You like to take quotes out of context to prove your version of Buddhism but will dismiss the rest of a paragraph or sutra because it doesn't agree with your view.

Having a different view is perfectly okay. Attacking another's view that disagrees with yours is not. Attacking traditions, a culture and it's people because you don't agree is wrong as well.

Anyways, I am done responding to you because it really doesn't add any value.

Have a nice day.

You too
Old 04-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Suspended

Buddha is underrated but now it's overrate
Old 29-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Pathfinder

no thank you!!! this has all been interesting!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
I do believe we're getting off topic just a little bit.

No wonder the op hasn't been back...he's asking for a little guidance, and we give him an argument and tussle over semantics.

Sorry, vgemini!

I'm pretty sure you'll do fine, there's lots of books and info all over the place about Buddhism. Did I mention the book, Old Path White Clouds by Master Thich Nhat Hahn?
Old 29-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Pathfinder

super helpful, I'm going through the same /personality as you / trying to figure myself outso i will look into this

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow.sprinkles
in regards to the original question.... I started reading tons of books. ordered a bunch off amazon and just surrounded myself with it. did some googling till I found a group that does dharma talks where I live and started attending those. and generally began to consciously attempt to go out into the world from a stance of emitting loving kindness to everything and everyone I crossed paths with. that alone had a hugely positive impact on me. I have chronic severe depression and borderline personality disorder, and simply offering out loving kindness instead of avoidance or hostility lowered my emotional baseline to a place where I've since been much more successful at keeping my cool and not lashing out at people who upset or anger me. I've done years and years of counselling and various therapies and groups and etc, and nothing has helped me the way studying buddhism has. it's truly been a blessing for me.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Master
Nothing or no one could be out of Buddhism .........all existence regardless living or non-living is travelling in a natural process of Buddhism back into the original state before existence , into the state of nothingness - The Buddha.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Nothing or no one could be out of Buddhism .........all existence regardless living or non-living is travelling in a natural process of Buddhism back into the original state before existence , into the state of nothingness - The Buddha.

Yes I see this also but wouldn't use the word Buddhism but dharma...