Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 13-05-2013, 04:25 AM
Master
Religious People: There is only One God! And you are his filthy creature!

Spiritual New Ager: You are God! You are Perfect! You don't need to transform!

Does anyone else see the big problem with both these issues?

In America women are completely exposed and clothing is scarce.

In Islamic countries women are covered from head to toe.

Do you see the problem here?

In politics Conservatives are obsessed with your race, gender, your religion, union of church and state, going to War with other countries, and lowering taxes.

Liberals are obsessed with your small voice, separation of everything, lying down for the world to use you and trample over you, highering your taxes, and making sure you feel comfortable in your everyday state, never transforming higher.

Does anyone else see a problem with these two issues?
Old 13-05-2013, 04:41 AM
Master
All I see is stupid beliefs lol.
Old 13-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Sourcerer

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Religious People: There is only One God! And you are his filthy creature!

Spiritual New Ager: You are God! You are Perfect! You don't need to transform!

Does anyone else see the big problem with both these issues?

In America women are completely exposed and clothing is scarce.

In Islamic countries women are covered from head to toe.

Do you see the problem here?

In politics Conservatives are obsessed with your race, gender, your religion, union of church and state, going to War with other countries, and lowering taxes.

Liberals are obsessed with your small voice, separation of everything, lying down for the world to use you and trample over you, highering your taxes, and making sure you feel comfortable in your everyday state, never transforming higher.

Does anyone else see a problem with these two issues?

You over-generalize people and groups in a very unfavorable way, big-time, throughout the majority of your posts on this website, spending most of your focus and time on making "others" look bad, and you are obsessed with "the past." You are far more "dangerous" than those you often point the finger of hatred towards, such as Sathya Sai Baba. I am not the only one here to notice this. The only "problem" for you is your foul attitude, my friend. It is SELF-HATRED you are dealing with. The solution? Upgrade your self-esteem.
Old 13-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TThor
I'm sad I missed this thread :/

I have first lived and then tried to live this ideal of Bhakti (taste the sugar) for more than 20 years. Ramakrishna (and Vivekananda) were my initiators when I was 17. I would have much to say about this sugar... and that I wish I could taste it more.

While praying to God, ask only for love for His Lotus Feet.
I missed this come back of my thread!

Thank you all...

So Ramakrishna thru Vivekananda were your first encounters with ...um...spiritual stuff?
I didn't know what you meant by initiation....I take that word literally, maybe I shouldn't.
I was thinking, OMG, Thor is really really OLD, he knew Vivekananda!!!....took me a minute:

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-05-2013, 11:28 AM
TThor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I missed this come back of my thread!

Thank you all...

So Ramakrishna thru Vivekananda were your first encounters with ...um...spiritual stuff?
I didn't know what you meant by initiation....I take that word literally, maybe I shouldn't.
I was thinking, OMG, Thor is really really OLD, he knew Vivekananda!!!....took me a minute:

Hahaha, you're funny, I would have been really old :) English is not my mother tongue, so...

First 'chosen' stuff should I say. Born and raised Christian. But in reality I'm Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Sufi... all and none at the same time. I've always said that, He who is truly thirsty does not look at the color of the glass.

So long as the water be clean, or better, not too dirty :)
Old 13-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Ok :) and this one from Vivekananda, Bhakti Yoga (from the conclusion)

When this highest ideal of love is reached, philosophy is thrown away; who will then care for it? Freedom, salvation, Nirvâna—all are thrown away; who cares to become free while in the enjoyment of divine love? “Lord, I do not want wealth, nor friends, nor beauty, nor learning, nor even freedom; let me be born again and again, and be Thou ever my Love. Be Thou ever and ever my Love.” “Who cares to become sugar,” says the Bhakta, “I want to taste sugar.”
EXACTLY!!!!

(Btw, what page is that on?)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Born and raised Christian. But in reality I'm Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Sufi... all:)
You didn't just say that....I always say I'm a Christian, Buddhist,
Hindu,Sikh, menopausal mystic!!!!

Old 13-05-2013, 11:51 AM
TThor

Quote:
EXACTLY!!!!

(Btw, what page is that on?)

It's on page 98 of the following PDF (or page 92 of the edition) http://venerabilisopus.org/en/librar...ga-english.pdf
Old 13-05-2013, 11:58 AM
TThor

Quote:
You didn't just say that....I always say I'm a Christian, Buddhist,
Hindu,Sikh, menopausal mystic!!!!

Hahaha menopausal mystic! ahaha, it's good
Mysticism is good, whatever the kind :)

When I look at a St Francis, St Clare, Ramakrishna, Rumi, and so many others and others and others, I wish I could be more mystic. True and authentic mysticism is the highest gift of all. Blessed are the lotus feet of such a soul.
Old 13-05-2013, 12:19 PM
TThor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourcerer
You over-generalize people and groups in a very unfavorable way, big-time, throughout the majority of your posts on this website, spending most of your focus and time on making "others" look bad, and you are obsessed with "the past." You are far more "dangerous" than those you often point the finger of hatred towards, such as Sathya Sai Baba. I am not the only one here to notice this. The only "problem" for you is your foul attitude, my friend. It is SELF-HATRED you are dealing with. The solution? Upgrade your self-esteem.

I think that you are totally right, no one should be judgmental. It is part of all authentic messages, "Do not look at the straw...". But is also part of spirituality, religions, whatever the name, to point finger at the ignorance of this day and age. For example if I say that rich people don't give enough money to the poor; in general, who could argue with this? It is a fact. In particular, some rich people are very generous, and only our Lord and God can be the judge (whomever He may be). There has been much blood spilled and still is, in the name of Religion, 'my' truth, etc., etc., etc. It is horrible, we all know it.

Not to judge anyone's ideal doesn't mean that all ideals are good. To show by extreme, here is an example: a judge can sentence a mass murdered to prison with anger, or not... it makes a big difference; but the mass murdered is dangerous regardless :)