Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 22-11-2018, 02:11 AM
Master
Weird Religious Dream

This morning, I woke up laughing, after having the most incredible dream in the wee small hours.

In my dream, I was in this ashram or religious community and what set it apart, was there were priests and spiritual leaders from every religion there, all working together to promote world peace, tolerance and equality in the name of the one Universal God.

After a while, I was invited to dinner by a Jewish Rabbi and his family and I accepted.

So, the conversation turned to why I am a Hindu and I said that the religion was totally in tune with what I felt in my heart and if I was a Jew, no doubt some Hindu person would come along and ask me why I was a Jew, so I decided to just cut my losses.

Then the Rabbi asked me if I could ever conceive of becoming a Christian and I replied that the whole Christian religion just seemed too restrictive, indoctrinating, dogmatic and based on fear...not my kind of thing.

So the Rabbi asked if I have even READ the Bible, to which I replied that I sorta lost interest after the first six books of the Old Testament.

With that, the Rabbi laughed uproariously, saying that I should consider Judaism...I would make the "perfect Jew" to which I replied "I thought that was the role of Jesus" and then went on to say that if I were NOT Hindu, then Judaism would be my second choice...after all, we both believe in the power of Shiva, right?

Then, the Rabbi fell over himself just laughing non stop..."what a delightfully candid one you are!" and I said "yep, just don't let it get around".

I can't remember what happened after that, but a Christian Minister and a Buddhist monk joined the party and we all had a great time and the subject of God didn't even come up.
Human Logic #2
"Oh, I can't take pills which stop me from having suicidal tendencies because they upset my delicate stomach".
Old 22-11-2018, 02:18 AM
Experiencer
Interesting how do you feel after that dream?

I've had a dream once where I woke up laughing too after the end part of the dream where I was talking to a green parrot.

Also have had a religious dream of jesus, buddha, and someone named "Kore wa sensou" which ended up translated to love is war. They were all sitting on different rocks that were sitting on flowing water, and they all said to do what I love to do, and to do it all the time.

I got this dream when I was searching for meaningfulness and happiness in my life.

Anyway that sounds cool.
Old 22-11-2018, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla

I've had a dream once where I woke up laughing too after the end part of the dream where I was talking to a green parrot.

Also have had a religious dream of jesus, buddha, and someone named "Kore wa sensou" which ended up translated to love is war. They were all sitting on different rocks that were sitting on flowing water, and they all said to do what I love to do, and to do it all the time.

I got this dream when I was searching for meaningfulness and happiness in my life.

Anyway that sounds cool.
Even though I was fully asleep, in deep sleep actually, I got the distinct feeling that this was more than just a dream.

It seemed so real, so vibrant and I was actually able to give and receive intelligent responses within a totally subconscious state...that just blew me away.

It is as if all this were going on in another plane or Astral level that I had somehow managed to "gatecrash" and, as a result, I was put to some kind of test to ascertain my worthiness of being where I had found myself...this was the whole "vibe" I got from that experience.

Maybe the dream was in regards to me questioning what my "self" actually was, when yesterday, my psychologist suggested that I do things to increase my own "self esteem" with me replying "why would I ever want to do that?" and her giving me a look of total befuddlement before asking me to try and define my personal identity...and then my mind going completely blank while I tried unsuccessfully to comply with her request.

That whole situation was very awkward to say the least, so my guides decided to take it one step further and hence, the dream.

It was a deeply satisfying experience for me.
Human Logic #2
"Oh, I can't take pills which stop me from having suicidal tendencies because they upset my delicate stomach".
Old 22-11-2018, 03:23 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Even though I was fully asleep, in deep sleep actually, I got the distinct feeling that this was more than just a dream.

It seemed so real, so vibrant and I was actually able to give and receive intelligent responses within a totally subconscious state...that just blew me away.

It is as if all this were going on in another plane or Astral level that I had somehow managed to "gatecrash" and, as a result, I was put to some kind of test to ascertain my worthiness of being where I had found myself...this was the whole "vibe" I got from that experience.

Maybe the dream was in regards to me questioning what my "self" actually was, when yesterday, my psychologist suggested that I do things to increase my own "self esteem" with me replying "why would I ever want to do that?" and her giving me a look of total befuddlement before asking me to try and define my personal identity...and then my mind going completely blank while I tried unsuccessfully to comply with her request.

That whole situation was very awkward to say the least, so my guides decided to take it one step further and hence, the dream.

I believe we can have dreams on different levels of existence that we can't normally feel/perceive in waking life due to our humanness. I'm glad you felt satisfied. :)
Old 24-11-2018, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

it's not a typical response to reject the idea of building ones self esteem. Do you know why you said that? Is it related to your religious beliefs? Do your beliefs require you to relinquish self esteem? Does religion somehow make a person more worthy? Why do we need to prove our worth? I suspect the dream was triggered by the question of your personal identity and that it is possibly tied to some religious concept of proving our worth in some spiritual capacity.
Old 24-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Tesla

Anyway that sounds cool.
interesting as well. Great insight on the meaning of happiness but have you explored the idea that love is war? Is this relationship love or love in general? How does being at war affect things? Maybe the idea of there being a war or battle to be won keeps you from true happiness. It may not be about huge battles with others but just the whole idea of life being a win lose proposition. It's something very prevalent in a highly competitive success driven world. Something to think about.