Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistElect
What if it were possible for the big three of monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) to be understood as One?

They ARE ALL THE SAME ONE !!! There are no contridictions in the Torah, Gospel, Qur'an. They are the same Book. Sure there are plenty of false teachers that will tell you differently, and they certainly have corupted the Truth about the Book. But that is what was prophesized to happen. It is all part of the trial. On the Last Day everyone will find out that the Torah, Gospel, Qur'an is One Book. Parts of the Book have been corrupted as was the plan. But when the Book is read as a whole, the corrupted parts are easily seen. It is the religious sects that have divided themselves into organizational structures for their own goals. THERE ARE NO SECTS !!! Each part of the Book confirms what came before it. It does not seperate or create a new "religion".

mj
Old 13-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek
I like to use the parable of the cave and the elephant. Five people sit in a cave, on front of which an elephant passes by, and each sees only a part of the elephant.

Yes, that is the problem with the religious sects, they only see a part of the Book. We need to look at the Torah, Gospel, Qur'an as One Book in order to know what the whole Book is. See in part, know in part.

When looking at humanity, every person's path is different. So in order to see humanity as a whole, we need to look at and embrace each and every path that we journy on.

mj
Old 13-05-2014, 04:38 PM
VisionQuest

Quote:
What if it were possible for the big three of monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) to be understood as One? What if this fusion also led to a better understanding of other religions - like Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.?

Does this NOT make a difference in society?

Do you think its possible?

And... How far would you be willing to go to put such an idea into action?

What if I said: "I am willing to meet you face-to-face and prove the authenticity of this Idea"?

Would you think I was fake? Would you think I was crazy (a "religious zealot")?

Asking the right questions has always led me to answers so I'm wondering if the same rule applies to All.

They already are! But few can see .......

Super-Conscious Vision is required ~
Old 13-05-2014, 05:25 PM
ArtistElect

Arrow

[quote=linen53]Again, I would have to respectfully decline because I find my answers to my spiritual growth from my heart not a pulpit.

When I choose to read a spiritual book I read it at the time I want to, not not when someone dictates what I learn and when I learn it. Putting that kind of trust in a mere human just won't happen anymore. Humans can become corrupted and led astray. And I just am not flock mentality anymore.
Quote:
Would you trust someone :/QUOTE]

There you have it. The answer is, no.

What if no pulpit was required? If you don't trust humans, who are you to trust - must one be divine to gain your trust? And what if - and this is a very honest if - everybody came away from this spiritual immersion with something different? (Revelation 2:17 - "I will give to each one a white stone, and on the stone will be engraved a new name that no one understands except the one who receives it." [NLT version])

The key here is that we need something that's bigger than us. Our spiritual paths are lame and petty if they cannot combat the woes and sorrows of the world. And one person cannot do it alone. And contrary to what you wrote, this religion would not engender a "flock mentality." It's anarchical; not tyrannical (unless you want it to be). And beside that, it does not suppress your Way; it gives more life to it.
Old 13-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Guide
wouldn't "True Religion" be an oxymoron?

Religion doesn't deal in truths, and facts so much as give guidance on the path of life.
Old 13-05-2014, 10:17 PM
Master
Quote:
What if it were possible for the big three of monotheistic religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) to be understood as One? What if this fusion also led to a better understanding of other religions - like Buddhism, Hinduism, etc.?

What if I said: "I am willing to meet you face-to-face and prove the authenticity of this Idea"?

Asking the right questions has always led me to answers so I'm wondering if the same rule applies to All.

If human culture continue to use knowledge as their basis of judgement , therefore there will always be so call " right verses wrong" , " good verses bad" , "true verses false" , creation of faith based on knowledge , comparison of each faith etc and there will be a very long journey that seems endless ........awaken to Buddhism concept , one will explore further into realization , realization of own emotion , realization on existence and the cause of own existence ...........and that is beyond knowledge ............beyond any comparison ..........
Old 13-05-2014, 10:26 PM
Experiencer

Putting such ideas into action is what leads to the creation of new belief systems and religions, the existing knowledge is sufficient. Ultimately people have to see for themselves, which makes true religion impossible.

To me religion is outdated philosophy, both subjects are confusing, but they force you to re-think a whole lot of stuff.
Old 13-05-2014, 11:45 PM
Master
Quote:

ArtistElect - If it would eliminate religious wars, then yes one religion would be a good idea. Problem is there would be many wars over the decision of which religion to have as one big super-religion! So I believe to do so would create even more wars than we have today. That's just my take on this topic. Perhaps I have tunnel vision, but I just don't see the majority of people with their own religious beliefs changing them to a different religion or set of beliefs.

Blackraven
Old 14-05-2014, 12:00 AM
ArtistElect

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwerg
Putting such ideas into action is what leads to the creation of new belief systems and religions, the existing knowledge is sufficient. Ultimately people have to see for themselves, which makes true religion impossible.

To me religion is outdated philosophy, both subjects are confusing, but they force you to re-think a whole lot of stuff.

If today's knowledge is sufficient, then why is the US in bankruptcy? Why are Black people still treated like second-class citizens? Why is mental illness so prevalent in America? Why are people so dumb?

It's time for a real education system.
Old 14-05-2014, 12:05 AM
ArtistElect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
If human culture continue to use knowledge as their basis of judgement , therefore there will always be so call " right verses wrong" , " good verses bad" , "true verses false" , creation of faith based on knowledge , comparison of each faith etc and there will be a very long journey that seems endless ........awaken to Buddhism concept , one will explore further into realization , realization of own emotion , realization on existence and the cause of own existence ...........and that is beyond knowledge ............beyond any comparison ..........

The religion I'm referring to leads to the understanding of other individuals, not just knowledge.