Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 10-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
I agree Andrew.......but it is the intamacy of the unfounding that floors me. I am continually amazed that it's the every day mind, the one that you push away time & time again that liberates us.
I called myself not human when I first logged on to this forum because that was exactly the way I felt at that time. Isn't life a kicker??

Haha yes. I think thats why I just went for 'Andrew'. I didnt want to have to mess around with changing it at some stage, though I guess there are still no guarantees. Maybe my path will unfold and I will call myself 'liberated one' at some stage hehe.

I understand what you mean by the way. I went through a phase in my Eckhart Tolle days of making an enemy of the mind but in the end that phase died and I created an enemy out of something new hehe. Such is life.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:28 AM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
Haha yes. I think thats why I just went for 'Andrew'. I didnt want to have to mess around with changing it at some stage, though I guess there are still no guarantees. Maybe my path will unfold and I will call myself 'liberated one' at some stage hehe.

I understand what you mean by the way. I went through a phase in my Eckhart Tolle days of making an enemy of the mind but in the end that phase died and I created an enemy out of something new hehe. Such is life.

Thats the thing ...when you make the mind your enemy ...you've got an enemy for life. Yuck
Old 10-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Master
Personally, I like the thread title ;)

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 10-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Thats the thing ...when you make the mind your enemy ...you've got an enemy for life. Yuck

Exactly!

I think I went from making my mind an enemy to making my beliefs an enemy which again, isnt great because its a constant enemy. I still make enemies out of stuff but I am a bit more flexible with my grudges these days hehe.

On reflection, I can see its because I used to attach to particular routes to being at peace and at ease, first it was all about 'being in the Now' for me and then it was all about 'questioning beliefs'. I guess my rigidity was partly linked to my attachment and need to be at peace. These days I tend to be more flexible in my approaches and strategies, maybe thats because I am slightly less attached to being at peace.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Master
Quote:

tee hee

Quote:

I went through a stage of making Echart my enemy!
Old 10-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Exactly!

I think I went from making my mind an enemy to making my beliefs an enemy which again, isnt great because its a constant enemy. I still make enemies out of stuff but I am a bit more flexible with my grudges these days hehe.

On reflection, I can see its because I used to attach to particular routes to being at peace and at ease, first it was all about 'being in the Now' for me and then it was all about 'questioning beliefs'. I guess my rigidity was partly linked to my attachment and need to be at peace. These days I tend to be more flexible in my approaches and strategies, maybe thats because I am slightly less attached to being at peace.

Or maybe you just recognise that being at peace is a recognition of what's right for you!

As are positive emotions!

Recognising these helps you to recognise that feeling negative emotions means something isn't right for you!

And recognising all of these brings a sense of peace within from recognising yourself!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 10-08-2011, 08:39 AM
not human

Quote:
Exactly!

Yep. That seems to be the block. Our minds machinations of how it should be. When we let that go we find out how it is......
Old 10-08-2011, 08:42 AM
Inesophet

Well we are all not human in some regard.

Everybody of us is different. Thats a fact, there are of course some sommon traits that unite us. Its been said a million times and i guess everyone knows what i mean.

The normal genetic diversity combined with medium levels of Radiation all over the world and our sheer numbers gives a new picture. Evolution cannot be stopped it occurs on a daily basis be it spiritual or Biological.

What i want to say is that the word Human only describes a large Pool of species. Those who have been around the world and seen many different people know what i mean.

The basic things that are necessary for our survival we will always inherit. But if the circumstances on how we survive change, we change too then.

I always like to refer to the E-Coli longterm experiment. It showed us that evolution Occurs much faster then we Previously thought.

Lets now look at the brain for a second (little word of warning i am not very knowledgable in the field of neuroscience!) there are about 100,000,000,000 (list of animals by neuron count) neurons in the Human brain, with every second we are alive the brain changes, stores information, forgets them and so on. Thats strictly not directly evolution but this is a developement.

Our brains and bodys have a problem. We are smart as F*** if we want to be. We can understand the very small and the very big. Understand complexities that where not meant to be understood and if we dont understand something we build machines that can understand things for us and give us the dumbed down version from which we can build on. The last 300 years have been a Pure bliss of knowledge.

But most of us still have the Ancient DNA in their cells, this ancient desires to be the king of the Hill, reproduce in greater numbers and so on. We have it both now, the Devine and the beast (in this case not the devil). it is only normal that some cant cope with this.

The Idea to Intelligently redesign our self is usually Internationally Rejected as a Ultimate Sin to God. Even atheists get half hearted religious if this topic comes to the table.

So i guess the devide between the "mind" and the "Flesh" will only get larger. More larger it gets the more people dissassociate themself with the term human i suppose.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
Or maybe you just recognise that being at peace is a recognition of what's right for you!

As are positive emotions!

Recognising these helps you to recognise that feeling negative emotions means something isn't right for you!

And recognising all of these brings a sense of peace within from recognising yourself!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Hi Jo, thanks, yes that resonates with me.

I went through a phase in which my focus was totally on my 'internal' world and eventually I came to see that sometimes my emotions and discomfort was giving me a message to take action in the external world. I didnt want to do that though because that would have meant being honest with people about a bunch of stuff that I didnt really want to have to be honest about. In the end though, the discomfort got so great that the only course of action available was to pay attention to the message of the emotion rather than just try and absolve it.

These days, much more than I used to, I keep one eye on the inside and one eye on the outside. I resonate with manifestation techniques AND with techniques which enable me to return fully to the present moment. The approach I use just depends on the situation.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
tee hee

I went through a stage of making Echart my enemy!

Haha really? I never noticed!