Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-09-2018, 04:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Wikipedia states that there are 2.42 billion Christians in the world. So, dividing by your 40,000 results in 60,500 adherents / denomination, on average. Obviously the distributions is far from even between denominations.

Your mentioning of the "differences" immediately made me think of the differences of opinions

between my wife and me, after a sizable amount of cohabitation.

Well the numbers are quite large. I cannot see unity in these huge numbers. There are just too many of them. And Christians have a hard time fellowshiping with other churches But they do it, which shows they are trying to have unity. But the Pastors often does not even try

The church is growing inward then , It's like they feel " Save yourself" deep inside.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:20 PM
Master
T there can be no unity when you religion is spread out and flooded with philosophy and diverse doctrines.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
Well GOD WANTED THE WORLD TO BE IN CONFUSION WHEN HR RETURNS, and religion must play a role in that.

Thank goodness for that! When we stand in front of him we'll have a jolly good excuse if we haven't followed the right path.

What's the point in bothering.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
It's always been obvious that the Bible is the world's most confusing book.
Quite amazing really that a God in all its wisdom didn't do a better job.

I love your sense of humor.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Thank goodness for that! When we stand in front of him we'll have a jolly good excuse if we haven't followed the right path.

What's the point in bothering.

Its all about how you desire to spend your energy ; and when the work you choose turns from being a headache to one of the greatest joys in your life, then you love what you believe in and do.

God planted confusion in this world when he planted the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Right there! There it is right there. God created, planted and established both good and evil on earth, this is the birth of confusion. And humanity was destined to be influenced by both. Why God wanted humanity to swim through confusion, I really can only guess.

But God dictates human history; human history is just the unfolding of God's will. Nothing can change it, nothing can stop it. Even if God had not interjected confusion into the world , humanity would still naturally mess things up.

One guess I have is that God did this so that later he could show humanity what the earth and life would be like if we were left to ourselves.

God broke it so he could fix it.
Old 06-10-2018, 10:07 PM
Master

Mikeal, I sometimes wonder if God is as confused as we are, part of the richness of life is in leaving some things as mysterious and not trying to explain things, because in all honesty our instinct is to come up with answers based on scripture that satisfy the logical mind... and its human interpretations that disagree with each other and nothing is solved.
better to leave some things as mysteries I recon and keep the wonder
there is some kind of symbiotic relationship between us and God, but so is there between ants and humans. there is a relationship to explore even if it doesn't give all the answers
Old 07-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Mikeal, I sometimes wonder if God is as confused as we are, part of the richness of life is in leaving some things as mysterious and not trying to explain things, because in all honesty our instinct is to come up with answers based on scripture that satisfy the logical mind... and its human interpretations that disagree with each other and nothing is solved.
there is some kind of symbiotic relationship between us and God, but so is there between ants and humans. there is a relationship to explore even if it doesn't give all the answers

I wouldn't think God would be as confused as a human being, or even confused at all.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
there is some kind of symbiotic relationship between us and God, but so is there between ants and humans. there is a relationship to explore. even if it doesn't give all the answers

I think man puzzles God at times.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:02 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
How can there be any kind of unity in Christianity with such a stunning separation of the massive flock of people? All the different doctrines and teachings, all the disagreement that will naturally cause , and the incredible differences in how the bible is interpreted.

Each different church thinking they are the so called "true church" who, in their pride, picks out only certain people to be members, and to hell with the rest of us. Its pastors and leaders are so into themselves that they look like large pumpkin heads walking on stage. One big mouth speaking to a people who are trained to be one big ear just listening to it's leader. No real structure that is designed for personal growth.

A church grown so big that it has lost so much at the expense of its people. More dedicated to it's leaders than they are to God.

What is behind this surreal situation and why do so many Christians seem absolutely blind to it?

Hi mickiel,
I think of this allot. 1 Corinthians 14:33 "“For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.” comes to mind so, I do not think God wanted His Word to be confusing. I do think His pearls of deep wisdom are hidden in His living Word. Would it be beneath Satan to put these thousands of splintered beliefs into the minds of men? I mean, he has been around longer than us and he is very well versed in his evil. It is impossible to believe that the true Church will ever be as one until the wheat is separated from the tares
Old 09-10-2018, 08:48 PM
Master

Ahriman, i meant sometimes i wonder if creation isn't part of God's own process of thinking and has a purpose in that.
But as to all the denominations. I used to think the same, once, that it is obviously wrong there are so many and not just one. But now i feel it is sowing seeds for revival, the mess is ripe for new growth and all that sort of thing. i am hopeful