Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 14-11-2018, 03:01 AM
Ascender
Unhappy I moved to a big area/seeking new work for rent?

I'm getting hints from the person I've been staying with for only about 25 days. He want's a paying renter for sure. I'm trying to figure out how to find another place and house sit or something where I get a lot of time alone, I am am artist and I want to make art and concentrate on my interests. I'm in an area with 4 million people. There has to be a way to work for rent with another person or house sit, I've struggled at times to do this when I needed it like this in the past. I need to be more confident. I don't have money to pay a certain online company that wants a 45 dollar background check to do caregiving/housesitting/animal sitting work. I wish that would work out for me very soon and may be a part of my switching residences as well.
*I have serious health issues that limit how much I can use my arms per day, or lift. And anxiety and PTSD, and other problems too. I'm waiting for SSI court appeal date 20 months away. All I can do as well is apply to be on multiple wait lists for low income apts. Really I'm doing all I can think of. I didn't think this person woud start making slightly snarky remarks about my leaving so fast.
Old 16-11-2018, 05:57 AM
Master
Just a thought; If the agreement was long-term, like it seems you've understood it, the maybe something else is also the problem? Have you asked?

Humans are often very bad at asking for things directly, and often sensitive to feeling they are being used or taken for granted. I have no idea if this is so, but make sure you make your best effort with the landlord. Do not make excuses, don't prioritize your art before your house.

I'm not kidding. Roof over head first.

And if the land lord wants you out, you NEED to find another solution, you simply cannot overstay your welcome. Borrow the $45. You need to have some kind of income no, to get food? Use that. Eat fried rice w carrots and onions for a month...

It is just not possible to expect an exception for the basic needs.

Why am I getting a sense this is the case? Because of snarly comments.

Your and the landlord's expectations are not aligned - and eventhough you live there cheaply/for free (what a fantastic opportunity to be absolutely amazingly grateful for! And work as a mad person to maintain?!), you seem a tiny bit like they are in the wrong...?
their share.

Practically, universities have lots of ads for co-ops, shared flats and other relatively cheap housing, where I live ads are also at eco-cafes and meditation centers, as an artist I'd also make ads myself and put up at artcafes/meeting places, maybe with a pic of you and one of your art?

Friends of friends; who knows someone who lives in an artist's community, ideas for cheap living. Ads in student /spirutual/artist's magazines or even better zines.

The first step I take is always to accept that I might now get what I want and look at the worst case scenario: What can I do NOW to make that scenario better?

Then I take small actions towards a solution. It really does not matter if the steps are the best ones, if I even believe they will help - just DOING is the key. Print an ad, write notes, going to another café, calling on an ad even if it is three months old... On and on. At least one thing a day, preferably three.

And the third thing is paying attention to the solutions The Universe is providing for me even if they are not the solutions I would have preferred. You know the story of the man in a flood waiting for God to save him - ignoring the raft, the boat and finally also the chopper?

I'm sorry about your pain, I can identify vividly, so I really hope you can find a way to work with this <3

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3