Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 17-11-2018, 11:29 AM
Master
Good to hear!
Make sure to remove those ropes entirely from the bird food. Birds can get trapped in them with their legs, dying.. and possibly painfully and slowly..
Old 26-01-2019, 11:46 AM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
I rehab wild Birds mostly Corvids for vets in my area, and some are Non releasable as deemed by the Vet's. So they remain here with me as permanent resident's and I have the relevant licenses for them. Though they come inside at night they have large aviary's that they go out int and can fly around and do what they wish safely.

If you want contact with birds, why not contact a local rehabber or rescue / sanctuary and go and volunteer some of your free time. This way you can help out and also learn about these birds and other wildlife.

If your cat's are outdoor roaming cats feeding wild birds on your property may not be such a great idea because of the cat's. If they are indoor cats then its not so bad. If you do feed them please don't feed any bread as this causes all birds a lot of issues and can kill them. But bird seed / grain and soaked cat or dog kibble, grapes, hard boiled eggs shell on and nuts. also just remember if you start feeding them regularly you will need to continue to do so.

( Don't feed Brazil and Macadamia nuts,bread, Avocado, chocolate, processed meats or foods, or any onions / alum family of plants, as these are poisonous to Bird's.)

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 16-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Seeker
I had a pet cockatiel growing up in high school. When I moved in with my husband while we were dating, we had cats as well. Didn't have any issues since the cats never really went in the room where the bird was, and he was never out of the cage unless I closed the door of the room he was in. I wouldn't say my bird smelled unless the cage didn't get cleaned in a timely fashion, but he was certainly messy. Any time I was able to let him out and roam free I would. Or I'd take his cage outside and let him enjoy the fresh air. He was fairly easy to take care of. I'd get another one, but depending on which breed you are looking at, you may be looking at a very long commitment. Parrots have long lives, sometimes out living their owners. That's something to keep in mind!
Old 07-05-2020, 02:48 AM
Guide
I have cats,and used to breed canaries and finches but in a outdoor aviary,
they were all happy, my cats did not bother them,the cats seemed to know they were my birds,but I would not like to keep a bird in a small cage in the house,
I feel it would not be fair on the bird