Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
Right, and I am learning to understand this and trying my best to be more opened minded. I am looking and searching for those Christians who are not this way.
Its like my mother who gets totally sickened by the Jehovah's Witnesses who come to her door. This is how I was raised (as was she) ... but I asked her the other day.. "Mother how can you not open the door and look into these human being's eyes and see that they are just like you? They just believe something different. They are sharing what they believe, as you share what you believe. Welcome them. Appreciate them, and try and understand that they mean you no harm."

I think, just maybe that a light bulb may have twinkled in her head.. but not sure it stayed on....

I just wish we didn't have to see each other as so separate!
How can I embrace a Christian, when they want to shun me for loving?
I don't think you have to accept the way a person thinks and acts in order to embrace them. I have to be around fundamentalists and I just think of them as human beings like me. They're normal most of the time, until their beliefs come up, then I just ignore it and pretend to agree. That's the only way I can get along with them, because I have to.

A family member being that way would hurt though, even though it's not their intention. And for you to leave their religion would hurt them, even though it's not your intention either.

I don't have any answers other than to just try to realize we're all human. I just look at it like this.. we all have our faults, we all have dark things hidden inside, and some just appear outwards more than others. It doesn't excuse anything, it's just a way to try to relate and get along with others who we strongly disagree with, and even find compassion for them.
Old 25-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I don't think you have to accept the way a person thinks and acts in order to embrace them. I have to be around fundamentalists and I just think of them as human beings like me. They're normal most of the time, until their beliefs come up, then I just ignore it and pretend to agree. That's the only way I can get along with them, because I have to.

A family member being that way would hurt though, even though it's not their intention. And for you to leave their religion would hurt them, even though it's not your intention either.

I don't have any answers other than to just try to realize we're all human. I just look at it like this.. we all have our faults, we all have dark things hidden inside, and some just appear outwards more than others. It doesn't excuse anything, it's just a way to try to relate and get along with others who we strongly disagree with, and even find compassion for them.

Thank you Seawolf, I apprecaite you responding and helping me.
Old 26-07-2014, 12:37 AM
StaroftheSea

Jesus spent a lot of time praying. He often went to a solitary place and prayed for hours at a time, especially at difficult times in His ministry. The famous Lord's Prayer is Jesus' model of the perfect prayer that God The Most High taught to Jesus and all of His Apostles.

Jesus said His Holy words below:

"This, then, is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be your name, Jesus to Matthew 6:9:First, we call God by the affectionate term "Father," and praise His Holy name.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name,

Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

We ask that God's will be done on earth and in our lives.
Give us today our daily bread.

Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

We ask forgiveness of our sins and acknowledge that we must also forgive those who sin against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.' Matthew 6:13.

There were other reasons for the Our Father Prayer taught to the world by Jesus/God - The Sign of The Cross included.

So, no meditation on its own was not taught by Jesus/God - always "The Our Father" prayer while focussing fully on Jesus/God and His Sorrowful Passion and Jesus' Life while praying/meditating on Jesus/God including a great deal more given to mankind from Jesus through His Disciples.

Kindest wishes
Old 26-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

As usual,there are numerous flaws with that stated above..I find the selective quoting to be bothersome as well,for it takes it out of context,such that we dont get the understanding that was INTENDED..

Fact is just before Yeshua stated that,He also told us to ignore the religion,the public displays,and once again,His strict advise is indeed,to go alone in secret silence to commune withthe father - that IS meditation !! Still,no need to take my word for it,here it is in their bible :

"“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

See - when you get the FULL quote,you can see much more clearly WHY HE says these things..When you pray,ignore the public displays HE SAID,because they are purely for your PUBLIC standing,and have nothing to do with communng with the Father directly..This is why next,He advises,to forget also,all thse never ending prayers and platitudes,begging,groveling never ending worshipful phrases - notice here,there is a distinct LACK of ALL that in Yeshuas new prayer is there not..? - and indeed,He told you quite plainly,that yet again,such "babbling" prayers were utterly USELESS !!

So,Hes told us to IGNORE the PUBLIC RELIGION,the way THEY do it - and instead He says,GO ALONE IN SECRET SILENCE (meditate) - SHUT THE DOOR,so that no external influence may intrude..

Hallowed be THY name,is the only recognition of the Fathers AUTHORITY that is offered by CHRIST - NO bowing down and worshipping - no never ending phrases of how great this god is - not needed ,because look - I and the Father are ONE,so who do you praise really..?..

Star; "Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. - We ask that God's will be done on earth and in our lives."

Hmm - kind of - kind of not - you dont ASK,you simply ALLOW - it is ALREADY there present,IF you allow it and recognise it of course - and of course,you enable this recognition to occur,ONCE and ONLY if you manage to IGNORE the external influences entirely..

Thy will be done,is NOT a "request", or a begging plea - but a simple statement of INTENT..An acceptance and a giving over of authority completly,to this INTERNAL Divinity - for didnt He tell you clearly,all the Kingdom is WITHIN YOU !!

"There were other reasons for the Our Father Prayer taught to the world by Jesus/God - The Sign of The Cross included."

The reasons why he gave us that new prayer are Self explanatory if you take the whole passage in context..CLEARLY,just as I say,He IS telling us this religous malarky is to our DETRAMENT and we gain NO BENEFIT from it at all..It HINDERS us,He says and must be IGNORED,forgotten,put aside complelty..

Whosoever does not HATE THEIR FATHER AND MOTHER,can NOT be my students !!

What do you think THAT actualy means..????? - the answer is simle - those who wish to folow Christ,must indeed,forget all that came before - all the PARENTS understanding,must be "hated" - shunned completly,ignored !!

And I remind any with a logical open mind here - there was NO SUCH THING as the "sign of the cross" - NOT in Yeshuas day,becasue simply,it had not even happened yet,so to claim that Yeshua and His disciples said all these CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS prayers,or to say they went around making the sign of the cross,is to be honest,pure B-S,delusion,man made add ons that have NO RELEVANCE - just as Christ said !!

How does Christ teach you to focus on His "sorrowfull passion" when once again - IT HAD NOT HAPPENED YET..????? - and once again,this is yet another man made fabrication that has nothing at all to do with Yeshuas AUTHENTIC teaching - NOTHING AT ALL !! ALL these man made additions,the rules,dogma doctrine of the church - these are the very things HE told you to ignore completly - coming under the heading of "BABBLING LIKE PAGANS" and their uselsss actions bringing absolutely no benefit whatsoever..

And I remind you all again - YESHUA STARTED NO RELIGION - and in fact was very specific about NOT starting any formalised traditon at all - the aim is GNOSIS,the internal LIVING COMMUNION !! Consider His words here ,gospel of MARY - yet another first hand account that this religion fobidy you to know..See here,and realise WHY :

" He who has ears to hear, let him hear. Peter said to him, Since you have explained everything to us, tell us this also: What is the sin of the world?

The Savior said There is no sin, but it is you who make sin when you do the things that are like the nature of adultery, which is called sin. That is why the Father bid me come into your midst, to the essence of every nature in order to restore it to its root. Then He continued and said, That is why you become sick and die, for you are deprived of the one who can heal you. He who has a mind to understand, let him understand.

Matter gave birth to a passion that has no equal, which proceeded from something contrary to nature. Then there arises a disturbance in its whole body. That is why I said to you, Be of good courage, and if you are discouraged be encouraged in the presence of the different forms of nature. He who has ears to hear, let him hear. When the Blessed One had said this, He greeted them all,saying, Peace be with you. Receive my peace unto yourselves. Beware that no one lead you astray saying Lo here or lo there! For the Son of Man is within you. Follow after Him always ! Those who seek Him will find Him. Go then and preach this gospel of the Kingdom. Do not lay down any rules beyond what I appointed you, and do not give a law like the lawgiver lest you be constrained by it. When He said this He departed.

OK - seems complicated - but its really really SIMPLE..That was said AFTER HE had died on the cross,and resurrected and appeared to the disciples many times - this is the VERY LAST conversation that Yesua had wit His disciples...NOTE - there is NO command to include anyhting about "passion" or "sign of the cross" or "chaplets" or ANY THING LIKE - NOTHING AT ALL !!

First things first then - HE says clearly,THERE IS NO SIN !! So,there is no situation that we need "saving from" as the church states and portrays it - that was NOT Christs intention..And see here - he says THERE IS NO SIN - and that means also,ther e is NO eternal "punishment" either !!

But He says,the things we call "sin",such as adultery etc - these things He says are tied directly to the carnal mind,the BODY and its desires - the LOWER SELF..and so,His teaching is aimed to make us realise the higher Self,the inner Chrst,and so,the Fathers Kingdon is revealed..His teachng is about MIND,overcoming mortal desires - hence He tells us to shun the external ifluence sentirely,to seek this deep INTERNAL realisation,the Fathers withn !!

SPECIFICALLY,He tells the disciples to go out and about and to teach this about the CHRIST WITHIN,the KINGDOM WITHIN - and to warn people about the NEGATIVE INFLEUNCES of the established religion..SPECIFICALLY,Yeshua told His disciples to WARN US,saying be careful that NO OTHER LEADS YOU ASTRAY,saying that THEY know the Father when they DO NOT !! I remind you what HE SAID :

BEWARE that NO ONE lead you ASTRAY by saying look for god HERE or look THERE - for the one you seek IS WITHIN YOU - follow after HIM,ALWAYS !!

NO ONE,would most obviusl yinclude any and al religous influences,woul dit not..?.Ignore them all he says,seek ALWAYS for the inner Christ..And finally,be absolutely sure HE IS AGAINST YOUR RELIGION COMPLETLY - because look what He ACTUALLY said to do :

As the disciples go about teaching this,they were to "Lay down NO RULES",except those He gives us - and in all HIS words,the rules are very simple - love your neighbour like your Soul - accept what they offer you for shelter and food,repay them with healing their sick and tellng them of this INTERNAL DIVINITY - do not tell ies - do not do the things you loathe just to be accepted by others..Those are the ONLY commands that Chrits left His disciples..Very simple..

Just as He promised,His yoke is exceedingly light - just find your Self first,then simply allow,and BE your Self,take authoirty over the carnal mind,and master the egic self desires..No bowin gdown,no grovelling,no endless repetitous babblong - just an authetic,internal COMMUNION..

He SPECIFICALLY tells them to make NO LAWS !! Compare that to the church position today..?....Simply NOT COMPATABLE !!

Yeshua started NO RELIGION - He taught a group of men about the livng Divine Presence within each of us - He showed them how to access that by shunning the externl world and seeking communion within the Self - there He said,in secret silence we WILL encounter the Father..He then told them to simply go about telling others of this internal communion,and said to them simply ito INSTRUCT,but they were NOT to govern or set them selves as an authoirty above the masses..

Again - compare THAT instruction,with the position of this RC church - and agan,the religon is completly INCOMPATABLE with Christs teachng !!

All along,He has been telling us indeed,to mediatate,and seek the TRUE source of creation,deep within our Self - the religion is a sham mockery all ways around..

Last edited by PeteC-UK : 26-07-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 28-07-2014, 11:01 AM
StaroftheSea

The Holy Rosary - answered with Blessings, Gifts and Graces received every time

Dear All,

For centuries Jesus and our Lady Mary Mother of God have been giving the world through the Saints The Holy Rosary to pray in which Jesus and our Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God answers and intercedes in every one of Her Holy Rosaries prayed - thousands upon thousands of people of each Century have documented their Testimonies to having every Holy Rosary prayed answered.

Our Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God says:

"Further My Children, if you pray to Me, through My Son Jesus your Saviour, one is able to receive all kinds of Blessings, Graces and Gifts not only on earth, My Children, in addition, for one's own soul forever".

"That is all".
Old 28-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Master

For someone interested in Christian meditation. the World Community for Christian Meditation might be a good resource.

http://www.wccm.org/
Old 28-07-2014, 12:04 PM
StaroftheSea

The Holy Rosary prayed daily for salvation

The Holy Rosary given by Our Lady Mary, Mother of God to Saint Dominic and others throughout the Centuries have all attested to having The Holy Rosary answered each time by Jesus through our Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God including "The Our Father" and "The Hail Mary" Prayers from the heart for causes prayed.

The Holy Rosary was given to Saint Dominic by our Lady Mary for many reasons; one being for meditation to be made on Jesus Her Son - our Saviour - of His Sorrowful Stations of His Cross suffered including Jesus' bitter Passion as one prays "The Holy Rosary".

Our Lady Mary Mother of God says now:

"By doing this My Children, one is able to receive special Graces, Blessings and Gifts from My Son Jesus of whom gives Favour upon souls whom turn to Jesus through My Holy Rosary".

"That is all".

The Blessed Virgin Mary promised to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that "Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted." She left for all Christians Fifteen Promises to those who recite the Holy Rosary.
Imparted to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan

Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.

I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.

The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.

The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.

The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.

Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.

Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.

Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.

I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.

You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.

All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.

I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.

All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.

Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Old 28-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Master
Hi Star. I've always thought of the Beads themselves as evidence of ecumenical alignment, regarding agreements in the Faiths, since learning that the Buddhists had used them for ages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_prayer_beads

Posting of a link about St. Dominic might be helpful.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 28-07-2014, 06:58 PM
good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaroftheSea
The Holy Rosary given by Our Lady Mary, Mother of God to Saint Dominic and others throughout the Centuries have all attested to having The Holy Rosary answered each time by Jesus through our Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God including "The Our Father" and "The Hail Mary" Prayers from the heart for causes prayed.

The Holy Rosary was given to Saint Dominic by our Lady Mary for many reasons; one being for meditation to be made on Jesus Her Son - our Saviour - of His Sorrowful Stations of His Cross suffered including Jesus' bitter Passion as one prays "The Holy Rosary".

Our Lady Mary Mother of God says now:

"By doing this My Children, one is able to receive special Graces, Blessings and Gifts from My Son Jesus of whom gives Favour upon souls whom turn to Jesus through My Holy Rosary".

"That is all".

The Blessed Virgin Mary promised to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that "Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted." She left for all Christians Fifteen Promises to those who recite the Holy Rosary.
Imparted to Saint Dominic and Blessed Alan

Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.

I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.

The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.

The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.

The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.

Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.

Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.

Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenititude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.

I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.

The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.

You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.

All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.

I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.

All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.

Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

Dear lady

You have been brainwashed.
You can recite all you want, it does not compare to a good Judeo Christian meditation.
Jesus said :Be still and know". "Judeo Christian meditation".
He said nothing about repeating a rosary.
Old 29-07-2014, 07:03 AM
StaroftheSea

Dear GD,

No brainwashing in relation to myself - Jesus and my Heavenly Mother Mary have 'answered' each and every Holy Rosary that I personally have prayed from my heart, while focussing on Jesus' Stations of His Cross and His Passion for the past 3 years daily in which Our Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, speaks to my heart daily x 2 years GD.

In relation to millions of other people around the world of whom pray The Holy Rosary - and have prayed The Holy Rosary - the testimonies of having had all of their prayers answered - far too many to post! Every person I have met of whom has prayed The Holy Rosary devoutly and from their heart while focussing on Jesus - have all of their causes including world causes - answered by Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God.

"Trust in Jesus and our Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God" and you, too, may have all of your prayers answered GD.

Kindest wishes