Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 30-07-2016, 07:27 PM
Master
The last two posts are full of wisdom, thanks Fox & Bear you have taught me something....
Old 30-07-2016, 10:15 PM
Experiencer
EMPTINESS:
When Tesshu (1836-88), the famous Japanese samurai master of the sword, was young and headstrong, he visited one Zen master after another. Once he went to visit Master Dokuon and triumphantly announced to him the classic Buddhist teaching that all that exists is empty, there is really no you or me, and so on. The master listened to all this in silence. Suddenly he snatched up his pipe and struck Tesshu’s head with it. The infuriated young swordsman would have killed the master there and then, but Dokuon said calmly, “Emptiness is sure quick to show anger, is it not?” Tesshu left the room, realizing he still had much to learn about Zen. He later became fully enlightened and founded the art of “no-sword.”
Old 31-07-2016, 01:13 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I just observe and listen,...

One could also say, "Observe and listen without the "I"

The "I" always wants to do something, state something, see something, analyze, judge, ....so observing and listening is so much easier if you drop the "I" part of it. It becomes effortless.
Old 31-07-2016, 09:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
One could also say, "Observe and listen without the "I"

The "I" always wants to do something, state something, see something, analyze, judge, ....so observing and listening is so much easier if you drop the "I" part of it. It becomes effortless.

The only judgment and analysing is coming through your own story showing here as you are showing. Are you not aware your the ONE creating all this?

I observe and listen. (My I is clear)

End of story

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder

Last edited by naturesflow : 31-07-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Old 31-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
The only judgment and analysing is coming through your own story showing here as you are showing. Are you not aware your the ONE creating all this?

I observe and listen. ( my I is clear)

End of story.

I think if you drop the "I " then it become emptiness seeing emptiness that's great to become totally ascended. I more prefer to experience my consciousness awareness of "I" to see emptiness. That's an excess of sense in emptiness.
Old 31-07-2016, 09:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
I think if you drop the "I " then it become emptiness seeing emptiness that's great to become totally ascended. I more prefer to experience my consciousness awareness of "I" to see emptiness. That's an excess of sense in emptiness.

I love to observe without thought and listen to music without thought but it's not always possible in everyday living, finding time and space to do it is well worth the effort though.
Old 31-07-2016, 10:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong

Thanks for sharing Jeremy.

In my complete state after coming to see my own emptiness and old story meet in myself, I let go of the story once I let go of the process of it in myself. I understand this Jeremy from both sides that once depicted more effort to be under those guises that Ryan speaks of, but I am not attached to this. Now days I am more aware of myself just being complete. So effortless becomes even more effortless in the awareness of what I am now and from where I am expressing from. I allow myself to express more openly and clearly all the while knowing my own experience and what has ended in me. And naturally I am mindful of myself in that expression by showing that it is about me in everyway I am showing myself in that being. Emptiness opened the doorway to being myself. And that for me feels complete and effortless.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 31-07-2016, 10:13 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I love to observe without thought and listen to music without thought but it's not always possible in everyday living, finding time and space to do it is well worth the effort though.

Can your emptiness listen music? I think that's great also. But your emptiness is an "I" unless you don't listen that's not an "I".

Unless you are sleeping then there's not an "I".
Old 31-07-2016, 10:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

The mind in everyday living can be quietened down with conscious effort, to bring about a more effortless state of being this. The I tells itself stories as to why and what it all means, but those thoughts keep all that going. Which is what I was addressing to Ryan. We create our minds interactions by what we tell ourselves. Who is the one that ends that or changes the channel? Me of course. Practicing mindfulness in real life stuff is where it serves me to deepen mindfulness because real life stuff challenges you to stay more present. Relaxing and enjoying music you can settle without disturbances much less.

Old 31-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Master
Know all things to be like this:
A mirage, a cloud castle,
A dream, an apparition,
Without essence, but with qualities that can be seen.

As the moon in a bright sky
In some clear lake reflected,
Though to that lake the moon has never moved.

As an echo that derives
From music, sounds, and weeping,
Yet in that echo is no melody.

As a magician makes illusions
Of horses, oxen, carts and other things,
Nothing is as it appears.

The Buddha.