Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 30-05-2018, 11:11 PM
Knower

TF Mirror/Reflection Question

There is a lot of information here and elsewhere on the topic. Given that many agree with this culmination of traits gathered from a number of sources I would like to pose a question here. A concept is described as thus in this thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelwen
...Your beloved twin flame is an exact mirror image and reflection of you. Although on the outside they may appear different in their appearance and habits, on the inside they match you perfectly. What you see in them and how you react to them is directly related and dependent upon what you see in yourself and how you react to and treat yourself. This will cause many synchronicities to happen as well as inadvertent telepathic and empathic communication as you work out and balance the connection between you both...
SOURCE: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=84873

I am wondering whether this is not more accurately described as two puzzle pieces fitting precisely to form a whole? The concept of a mirror and reflection suggests polar opposition. A mirror reflection is an image in reverse orientation. If twin flames are truly direct opposites it seems as though there would be extreme limitations on compatibility which in turn would reduce opportunities to accomplish anything together.
Old 31-05-2018, 02:55 AM
Experiencer

IMO there are elements of each twin that are polar opposites. These elements help heal the unaligned in each other. If one twin struggles with insecurity, the other wont. If one is more spiritual, that twin will open more doors to spirituality in the other and so on and so forth. Is that what s confusing you?
Old 31-05-2018, 03:18 AM
Knower

It is not that I am confused. I am looking for clarification. It is common in other contexts for people to use the term "mirror reflection" when they mean "reflection." When it comes to the behavior of people, a person who reflects you is showing you the same thing you do. A mirror reflection of behavior is exhibiting the opposite behavior. Based on what you have said it would be mirror reflection.
Old 31-05-2018, 05:46 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0A0o
It is not that I am confused. I am looking for clarification. It is common in other contexts for people to use the term "mirror reflection" when they mean "reflection." When it comes to the behavior of people, a person who reflects you is showing you the same thing you do. A mirror reflection of behavior is exhibiting the opposite behavior. Based on what you have said it would be mirror reflection.

Decent question. If Ive learned anything from this journey, it’s that I never cpuld answer those questions. From all my years researching this concept and living it, all I can say with certainty is that the universe will deliver once the work within has been done. It took me years of relationship hopping and karmic love triangles before I realized that fear and relying on logic wasn’t getting me nowhere. It took a 2 year sabbatical from love and BOOM there she was. Had a self realization that I needed to release myself from toxic ties and love myself deeper,as she had done. This seemingly whole woman who reflected back to me everything I’d learnt in that time period. Not the person I originally thought was my twin. No karma attached.
Old 31-05-2018, 08:08 AM
Experiencer

Overthinking it a bit I think... is it a matter of semantics? A reflection could be defined as a mirror image, or it could be defined in a few other ways. And, everyone we meet has something to teach us about ourselves - we all reflect things back to each other.

My first realisation that this man was in my life to reflect me back to me was when I looked in the mirror and it was as if I was staring into his eyes. Then my spiritual teacher, who knew nothing about this man at the time, told me that I had met someone who was 'like a mirror'. I had had a few other signs around that time too - all relating to 'mirror'. This was about 8 years ago. And even now it is sometimes a little tricky to work out what it all means But yes, he came into my life to highlight, reflect, illuminate all those parts of the real me that I had yet to discover. And I hope the same happened for him, even if he doesn't realise it in a spiritual way like I do.

I think the essential thing to remember is just that - that this person, with whom you share an ultimate connection, has come into your life to awaken you to your potential, the real you.
Old 31-05-2018, 09:27 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0A0o

I think it's the wording, and I see your point with 'mirror reflection'. What it means (IMO), is that this person is unveiling all your dark side to you, and I mean the deepest, dirtiest, darkest insecurities you weren't consciously aware of until you met this person. You may have had an idea, but they're completely exposed and you're like a rabbit in the headlights, utterly speechless at how much wounding you contain within, yet you had no idea of the severity of the pain. All your insecurities - every single one of them. You are triggered by them as a person, their personality habits, traits, their past actions etc - it all hits you like a bomb has just exploded in front of you.

That is what happened to me, anyway.
Old 31-05-2018, 09:59 AM
Deactivated Account

I kind of agree with OEN34. In normal everyday relating with people we tend to judge the other for whatever reason, whether its the sound of their voice, their image or what they're saying our inner critic tends to get going like backround noise while with the other person. However, it turns tables when relating with your twin because just as a mirror reflects your image back to you, your own limiting beliefs, behaviours etc are suddenly very apparent to you, you become aware of your own personal nature, the character you call you....and its not always pretty lol.

Probably why there are a lot of runners...if you can't face yourself.
Old 31-05-2018, 01:18 PM
Guide

Here is an example.

I tend to feel he does not care when he's too busy to call or get together, or if he doesn't text or ask about something going on in my life. I'm hurt.

He took something very insignificant I texted and over-reacted. I called him to talk about it. I was shocked to hear him say he was feeling I did not care for him. That he felt I did not understand he was always there for me no matter what, no matter when, and that was hurting him.

What I see here is the twin flame mirror at work, reflecting both our insecurities back at each other.

I also clearly now see where the problem lies and we have something we can work on together which I feel will really help our relationship.

Without his reflecting back to me I would not have seen that he was feeling insecure about me and hurting.

Does that make sense?
Old 31-05-2018, 01:23 PM
Suspended
Master
It felt like I was looking into a mirror and seeing myself reflected back at me.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...36#post1601836
Old 31-05-2018, 01:32 PM
Master
Rather than looking at it as a mirror reflection as in opposites, the mirror is the fact that the tf shows you where you need to heal. You look at them and as ssdm1 says, you see what you need to heal within yourself.

So it's like looking in the mirror and seeing a scar you have maybe and raging about it, as opposed to appreciating that it is your scar you need to love, and accept it.

When we are looking at our twin and they bring up our inner pain, it is the same as the scar, we need to love, heal and accept the issue within ourselves to be healed at all.

This to me is what the mirror is, rather than the literal description which would be seeing oneself in reverse. Although as a tarot reader, I could say aka the hanged man card, that when we see something from a different angle as in an opposition we get a different perspective. Maybe this is what helps with the healing.

So maybe in healing we are polar opposites and the more that we heal the closer we are to being as one.

Just my thoughts on it. :)