Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 03-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Goldenlegacy

I Suck At Lucid Dreaming

Hi,
I am new here. I suck at Lucid Dreaming. I've always wanted to do it and yet, I can never push myself to do it for some reason. I guess I have somewhat of a fear to try it. I've tried to become lucid while in my dreams but I always forget and then I end up waking up after dreaming and thinking "I just had a dream but I was not lucid at all. DAMNIT."

I look at all these amazing Lucid Dream stories and I want to have my own adventures and stories to tell. I want to be able to control my dream instead of just going with the flow of my dreams and letting them control me. I also want to use lucid dreaming as a way to explore my mind and also overcome fears and gain confidence.

Can anyone help me? I would love to start lucid dreaming.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Knower

I have lucid dreams all the time, you just really gotta practice a lot. Right before you fall asleep tell yourself you're gonna dream lucid.

You have to think about it several times and just seconds before you fall asleep. Always works with me.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Master
Awwww that nickname really made me smile!!! Lots!!!
Maybe an idea would be to explore your environment and intentions firstly? one step at a time, I think for some of us, myself definitely, getting to caught up in whats meant to, supposed to happen and the hows, can kinda overload our brain, which in some cases will lead onto lucidity almost by accident, but in many cases will just leave ya frustrated! Infact it stopped my ability for around a year!! But I know others have gone from strength to strength from it.
I myself found trying to conform to methods from books etc was extremely detrimental to my travelling, but for others its what got them started, its finding what works for you.
At what point in the day/evening do you try lucid dreaming? Is it always at night or morning or daytime naps etc? Or all of the above!
If you dream regularly is there any recurring patterns, themes, objects or places etc that occur in them?
And how well do you daydream if you do atall, are you a very visual thinker?
In exploring the fear/anxiety side of it I asked myself these questions,
What do I want to achieve out of a lucid dream?
Is it possible to be harmed by a lucid dream?
But the biggest question that helped me after exploring it with all forms of lucidity/astral and obe is, what did I feel was the worst thing that could happen...and if it did would I have the energy to overcome it...
So what do you feel?
Kind blessings Loopylucid :)
Old 04-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator
To be honest I can't lucid dream on demand. I find it happens sometimes when I take a nap otherwise I think I just go too deep. That said, make it an intention and just keep asking to have a lucid dream before you go to bed. It can take a while but persistence usually pays off. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Dream Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenlegacy
Hi,
I am new here. I suck at Lucid Dreaming. I've always wanted to do it and yet, I can never push myself to do it for some reason. I guess I have somewhat of a fear to try it. I've tried to become lucid while in my dreams but I always forget and then I end up waking up after dreaming and thinking "I just had a dream but I was not lucid at all. DAMNIT."

I look at all these amazing Lucid Dream stories and I want to have my own adventures and stories to tell. I want to be able to control my dream instead of just going with the flow of my dreams and letting them control me. I also want to use lucid dreaming as a way to explore my mind and also overcome fears and gain confidence.

Why do you see your dreams as not you? The thing is when you are not lucid in a dream you have the opportunity to notice all the things going on in the dream that you do not see when occupied in creating it consciously. Your dreams are already your own adventures, amazing stories you can tell. If you truly wish to lucid dream then stop trying to become lucid and start notice your dreams. Be playful with them, embrace them and interact.
Old 13-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Experiencer

lucid dreaming

I say outloud before going to sleep that I will lucid dream tonight. Doesn't work 100% of the time, but does work. I also noticed if I read about it that day, and especially at night, I usually have one. Reading about the techniques of recognizing that you are dreaming helps, and it takes practice. There are tests that you can give yourself if you are unsure it is a dream I use two: the clock method, where I ask to see a clock. I look at the time on the clock, then look away. The clock while always change the numbers if you are dreaming. The other is the "fly test" which I actually used this morning. If you are unsure if you are dreaming see if you can jump up and fly, or even float. These tests will help you practice and gain more confidence in yourself to lose the fear of lucid dreaming. Another tip is to use the "spinning method" if you feel you are slipping away. This works like wonders for me. If you feel as if you are waking up, or losing your grip on lucidity, spin in circles with your arms out to the side, and you should get more grounded. I highly recommend you reading books on it, that is how I learned. Good luck!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Knower
Lucid dreaming is just being aware that you are dreaming, amt. of control varies. I dont do as well as I would like with being lucid. I've had maybe one a year or so. hopefully it will increase, but I really gotta remember to do my reality checks!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator
i lucid dream a lot. It just happens. Sometimes I just want to turn it off and just go to sleep. Typically i know when it is happening. I hear rushing water sound It is so loud. Then I wake and get frustrated.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenlegacy
Hi,

I'd say define what that means to you. Every once in a while I do and what I look for is having a sense of awareness of it. I don't ever try to control it but observe it. I still think dreams serve a purpose. For me it doesn't happen all the time, and besides, as I control my every day life do I really want to do it all the time. But trying too hard will defeat the purpose. Start small and work from there. Give yourself permission to but are you sure you want to go down that road just for fun and adventure.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal
i lucid dream a lot. It just happens. Sometimes I just want to turn it off and just go to sleep. Typically i know when it is happening. I hear rushing water sound It is so loud. Then I wake and get frustrated.

I'm sorry to hear that Teal and I never considered that since many like me strive for it. Hope you find a way to sleep.