Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-12-2015, 12:48 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Donts worry, be happy...( heard it in a song )

Quote:
Holly--So many contradictions in the new age community, and no centralisation.

Reminds me of democratic party over the years.;--}

Quote:
People are basically making their own God, their own religion - which is fine,

New Age Pagan! ;--}
Quote:
but then they go and argue about who's right! Ugh.

Some were raised in argumentative families...
Quote:
- the only thing you need to become enlightened, is meditation.

Would you care to argue that point..;--}

Dont worry, be happy....heard it in a song.....and seems like simple positive advice....is it spiritual....can it become the basis for a religion?

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 19-12-2015, 01:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Reminds me of democratic party over the years.;--}

New Age Pagan!

Some were raised in argumentative families..

Would you care to argue that point..

Dont worry, be happy....heard it in a song.....and seems like simple positive advice....is it spiritual....can it become the basis for a religion?
According to Meher Baba, it can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

However, as I was youtubing that, I saw another song which I like more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGYAAsHT4QE

Now I am in a Bob Marley mood.
Old 19-12-2015, 01:11 AM
Master
Meditation is a powerful tool, yes.

But it is not the only way to enlightenment--you can become more aware with meditation, but enlightenment is often reached after putting what you have gleaned about yourself and your purpose into action, whether it's cleaning up your act or being of service to humanity.
Old 19-12-2015, 01:39 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Color New Religon In The Making....

Ha necormancer, good one also. Both have that "dont worry" attitude. I definitely see potential for spawning of a new religion if there are many more out there like those two.. r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
According to Meher Baba, it can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
However, as I was youtubing that, I saw another song which I like more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGYAAsHT4QE
Now I am in a Bob Marley mood.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 19-12-2015, 04:17 AM
Experiencer

I consider myself "awakened" by virtue of the fact that I can sense spiritual energy now and a few other things. That was something I never knew existed before I started to feel it.

When I first started my spiritual journey I was looking for "truth" that evidently was held by other "awakened" people. I was blessed to soon find out that people that worked with energy were just as crude, cruel, and shady as any other person.

In my opinion, enlightenment, or being awake, is a skill like any other skill. Driving a car, cooking dinner, filling out your taxes, knowing how to program a computer. All those things allow you to function to a greater degree in life, but none of it makes you a better person.

Spirituality is the same thing. At least how I'm defining the terms. I think enlightenment, spirituality, and awakened are interchangeable terms.

This awakening was very valuable for me because now I could come out from under the rule of religious slavery based on evidence, not just "because I said so". After that it hasn't done much. But that coming out of religious bondage is a HUGE thing. If I had to point to one reason why my life is so wonderful right now it's because of that. The spiritual stuff is just a nice bonus IMO.
Old 19-12-2015, 04:21 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Not really Crystalsong,

For instance, not a single tradition teaches about astral.

The Shamans and native cultures do.

Quote:
The astral confirms seperation.

It just confirms the multidimensional aspect of ourself's.

Quote:
They end up stuck and have no idea why they are so powerful in the astral yet have no knowledge of silence or joy radiating from an open heart.

There are alot of people who have astral projection experiences who also know how to feel that blissful state coming from an open heart.
Old 19-12-2015, 04:28 AM
Master
A lot of the New Age teachings are based on Hindu and Buddhist principles and practices and there are certainly plenty of references to the Astral World in there also.

In fact, if they are into Chakras, Kundalini etc, all of that doesn't reside within our physical bodies in a way that a doctor can operate to see it or remove it...these things also exist within our 'Astral Body'. New Age people are also into 'Auras'...again, a manifestation of our Astral body in that dimension.

I am also glad that engellstein has finally found inner peace after all the recent turmoil.
Old 19-12-2015, 05:58 AM
Experiencer
I am glad there is no centralization. I need no other person to tell me what the truth is by force by an authoritarian structure. Put it all on the table and let me decide for myself. I have tried a lot of things, and some of the things where suspicious when looking back. But without this freedom to explore I would not approach meditation etc. I guess some benefit from a centralized path, and others do not. As the non-centralized environment has its flaws, so too does the centralized one.

And what I have found out is that the centralized path is full of contradictions, but the followers lack the ability to see that and they actively want to deny contradictions because of beliefs.

In my personal view, by the way, the enlightenment or realization is not bothered by contradictions, and zen masters who easily can be said to only meditate all the time, are among the most contradictory people on earth. :)
Old 19-12-2015, 09:16 AM
Master
I'll go one step further. Not only am i done with New Age, i am also done with Old Age. Heck, i'm even done with Middle Age. I am now ageless. lol

Old 19-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
The Shamans and native cultures do.

It just confirms the multidimensional aspect of ourself's.

There are alot of people who have astral projection experiences who also know how to feel that blissful state coming from an open heart.

You are missing the point. None of those traditions talk about enlightenment do they?

No they don't

Astral is for fun but people think it means you have arrived or it means you have awakened 😊

See what I mean