Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Master
Move closer to your spirit and spend time doing peaceful things ,nature walks are a great start ,save your money that you would have used on drink and plan a day out in nature ,your liver ,mind and spirit will thankyou ,anyway it seems you have already seen the light ...........
Old 27-04-2015, 09:26 AM
Ascender

You can't change the attitudes of the world. I decided not to drink a long time ago. After a while I came to the conclusion that alcohol wasn't the problem, I was. Or rather my abuse & addiction to it was. There's quite a lot of people who can use alcohol safely and responsibly however I'm not one of them. As long as I remember this I'll be ok.
Old 27-04-2015, 10:03 AM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunc
You can't change the attitudes of the world. I decided not to drink a long time ago. After a while I came to the conclusion that alcohol wasn't the problem, I was. Or rather my abuse & addiction to it was. There's quite a lot of people who can use alcohol safely and responsibly however I'm not one of them. As long as I remember this I'll be ok.

Well done Shaunc, I admire people like you. My next door neighbour a young man of 40 with a lovely wife and children, a manager of a large company, a very intellegent mind but couldn't give up drinking. He passed away recently after much suffering just because of alcohol, so sad to have watched him waste away.
Old 27-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Knower
Spiritualy decrease since I'm trying to be better person

I'm sorry I was trying to put a post but I did in wrong place, Sorry again

Last edited by BarbaraT : 27-04-2015 at 12:37 PM.
Old 27-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Master

i thought i was ok with alcohol but i stopped taking it because i wanted to take allergy pills and you're not supposed to combine them and so i have been noticing my urge to drink only lasts a short while and at least for me, the little relaxation i get from it is far outweighed by side effects and if i just wait a little while, the stress subsides and i no longer crave it.

i really notice the effects the next day or days after, often. not always, seems to depend on other factors so i react differently on different days. i'll get a temporary benefit, but long term, yeah, it really affects me in a way that is subtle, but now that i don't' drink, i know i'm much better off without it. subtle small things can be much more powerful than we realize, i think. it's a cumulative or delayed or almost unconscious effect (like you're not conscious of how much it affects you, until you remove it from your life sort of thing).

now what will i do when allergy season is over? well, i don't know. addiction is not a logical thing (not that i'm biologically addicted, but just psychologically "addicted", to a drink or two every few days). i find frightening myself with morbid, guilt-tripped fear of long term side effects and thoughts of short term side effects to be most effective at deterring me from drinking. forget positive reinforcement. but i have an addictive personality of sorts and it really is risky (my husband is the reason i don't overdo it. he has more logical restraint and asks me to limit my drinking so i do. i can't depend on someone else to be my self control so i know i must stop on my own by scaring the hell out of myself.. hey whatever works). everything in moderation is alright. but my experience may not be typical, as i seem sensitive to many food allergens and such and alcoholic drinks of all kinds are fairly common allergens.

i think it's dumb that others get offended when one doesn't drink. makes me think of high school. so i just remember that in my head and laugh at them inside myself for their juvenile attitude (oh, that is not spiritual of me. lol well whatever. it's a kind hearted, indulging mockery).
Old 27-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Knower
I'm sorry I did post in wrog place So Sorry
Old 27-04-2015, 11:49 AM
celest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraT
Hello everyone :)

Last year I step into spiritual path, wonderful experiences :)
I finished 2 level Reiki, I'm very much into crystals lately trying OOBE (with no luck yet)
In few months I'll try to do Akashic records course.
I decide to let go of that's what doesn't serve me any-more (I quit weed) I have problems with my relationship I don't know how this will end up...
Anyway I'm trying to become better person.
Since all this I feel Spirituality decrease in my life.
I don't feel reiki as much, I stopped to having dreams (notremembering them at all)
Its all like empty now.
One of friends had stroke I was trying to help by distance healing but this didn't help.
I feel bad :( I thought if I will try to become better person and I'll try more meditation and more reiki and try OOBE my spiritual journey should increase...
I don't know what to do ... Any suggestions ? Please help I feel empty and sad...

Mybe your trying to hard, looking for outside tools to help you find something which is inside you already.
Old 28-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
We are in an world wide epidemic of Alcoholism. Many have died as a result.

There's a lot of dystopia for people to anaesthetise themselves against.

Old 28-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Knower
Color Alcohol

I can understand endulging with alcohol.
A sure indicater that a person is addicted to alcohol or is predisposed
to alcoholism is this (most alcoholics drink to get drunk,in other words
the first drink always leads to as many as it takes to get intoxicated)
And cigarettes,all I can say is,as far as enlightment,cigarettes are
a ball and chain of self created bondage,like most addictions.
Old 30-04-2015, 06:05 PM
Guide

i dont think cigarettes are that bad in moderation. Because they stimulate mental abilities. And there isnt a whole culture build on it. Which, as Osho said, isnt ur friend.