Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Master
Yes, DivineLove amen to what you said!! The entire Eastern belief and techniques of Yoga and meditation are all kindergarten work compared to the Divine Love. I wholeheartedly agree. My eastern mysticism beliefs come from those four yogi Masters who were meant to bridge East and West. They are Babaji, Lahiri Mahayana, Sri Yukteswar (my favorite), and Paramahansa Yogananda.

The belief that the "serpent" which is what fell in Eden is the spinal cord, the self or sex force that fell. The human spine is shaped like a serpent. Thus when Moses went into the desert he lifted up the serpent. And his scepter probably reminiscent of the Pharaoh is shaped as a serpent. Sometimes it is called "the crook". Moses was a spiritual master. One of the best to write and make films about. Because the true enslavement of the Jewish People was NOT slavery to the Egyptians. Most religious scholars agree the enslavement was metaphorically to "Material Enslavement" or "Materialization". Human history has proven that Egypt never had Semite Slaves. But Semites ruled a portion of Egypt as the Hyksos! And it was from this lineage, Moses the brother of Pharaoh and possibly the Hyksos leader led his fellow Semites out of the Egypt Material Enslavement to ascend them to a higher consciousness or Christ Consciousness (The Promise Land) which is the Divine Love. Divine Love is selfless, without greed, without hate, without material obsession. Moses saved his people from the corrupt material world of the Egyptian lifestyle. Moses even brought non-Semites with him! Moses was saving Israel which is not some race but a group of people following Abraham's lead. This is where the Jewish Religion gets it all wrong since then. Israel is all people, not a race.

Okay. Now. Yes. Yoga and Meditations can be ways of levitating our consciousness to Divine Love. But not until we act as it- "Love thyself, God, and others" the Golden Rule will we attain it. Otherwise we are still living under the Law of Karma. So yes the Indian/Buddhist techniques are child's play compared to living a "Middle Path" that Jesus set down. All that matters is Love. I could spew out a thousand yoga this, spiritual that, Moses played with his underwear, doesn't matter. Jesus is the ultimate thing who was Love. End of Story.

Now DivineLove, this is Edgar Cayce on Jesus:

Jesus was the first soul to come into the Earth plane coming over from the spirit world, the mind of the Father. His ether/astral name was Amilius. Entering into the astral plane, the Jesus soul help bring other souls with him to experience this great thing we call life. Jesus is also the soul who helped form the physical body we have now centered with a third eye for the Christ principle, and the seven chakras for man's development. So when God said- "Let us make Man in our image". God is speaking amongst himself as "Father, Mother, and Amilius/Jesus". So Once the Adamic race was fully projected by the will of God through the Jesus soul, the later Jesus actually entered one of them. This was Adam the Son of God in Genesis. So the entire Bible is about this one soul named Jesus beginning as Adam and ending as Jesus. As Adam, Jesus fell from the Divine Love as everyone single human did. But in Adam of Genesis he as God's prototype and firstborn Son, he was meant to be the one to bring the world back to Divine Unselfish Love. So eventually perfecting himself to God's Laws, and through numerous incarnations he became the Divine Love. Then he finally reincarnated for his last life not for his own development but for our development. As the Christ consciousness incarnate, Jesus was giving the world the Law of Grace/Divine Love, and through his crucifixion of self and resurrection he made the promise of eternal life and oneness with God a reality, and something we must all attain. So according to Cayce Jesus was both someone who had his own development because we all have free will but was also the Son coming into the world to deliver it of karma/material bondage/self.

Christ is the power, the messenger, the spirit, the way. Jesus is the Man, the pattern, and the elder brother.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Ammy,
Excellent again.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLove
I welcome your thoughts, and any dialogue you wish to have on this subject. So feel free to share your thoughts!

Well, then, let me say --if you could talk about this one more time on that Christian site this is what I would do or
would have done first thing ----instead of having them click onto the site --- show them this:

"Let your prayer be such as this:

Our Father, who art in heaven, we recognize that thou art all holy, loving and merciful; and that we
are thy children, and not the
subservient or depraved creatures that false teachers would have us believe.

We are the greatest of thy creation, and the most wonderful
of all thy handiworks, and the objects of thy great soul’s love and tenderest care.

Thy will is that we become at-one with thee, and partake of thy great love, which thou hast bestowed
upon us through thy mercy
and desire that we become, in truth, thy children—through love, and not
through the sacrifice and death of any of thy creatures.

We pray that thou will open up our souls to the inflowing of thy love, and that then may come thy holy spirit to bring
into our souls this love in great abundance, until our souls shall be transformed into the very essence of thyself.
And that there may come to us faith—such faith as will cause us to realize that we are truly thy children, and one with thee
in very substance, and not in image only.

Let us have such faith as will cause us to know that thou art our Father, the bestower of every good and
perfect gift, and that only we ourselves can prevent thy love changing us from the mortal to the immortal.

Let us never cease to realize that thy love is waiting for each and all of us, and that when we come to thee in faith and earnest aspiration,

thy love will never be withholden from us.

Keep us in the shadow of thy love every hour and moment of
our lives, and help us to overcome all the temptations of the flesh,
and the influence of the lower ones, who so constantly surroundus and endeavor to turn our thoughts
away from thee, to the distractions and allurements of this world.

We thank thee for thy love, and the privilege of receiving it.
We know that thou art our Father—the loving Father who smiles upon us in our weakness, and is always ready
to help us and take us to thy arms of love.

We pray thus with all the earnestness and sincere longings of our souls, and trusting in thy love, give thee all the
glory, honor, and love that our finite souls can give.

Such a prayer appeals to the love of the Father, and with the answer (which will surely come) will come
all the blessings that men may need, and which the Father sees are for the good of His children."

Maybe that would open up a couple!!! Hmm?

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Yes, DivineLove amen to what you said!! The entire Eastern belief and techniques of Yoga and meditation are all kindergarten work compared to the Divine Love. I wholeheartedly agree. My eastern mysticism beliefs come from those four yogi Masters who were meant to bridge East and West. They are Babaji, Lahiri Mahayana, Sri Yukteswar (my favorite), and Paramahansa Yogananda.

The belief that the "serpent" which is what fell in Eden is the spinal cord, the self or sex force that fell. The human spine is shaped like a serpent. Thus when Moses went into the desert he lifted up the serpent. And his scepter probably reminiscent of the Pharaoh is shaped as a serpent. Sometimes it is called "the crook". Moses was a spiritual master. One of the best to write and make films about. Because the true enslavement of the Jewish People was NOT slavery to the Egyptians. Most religious scholars agree the enslavement was metaphorically to "Material Enslavement" or "Materialization". Human history has proven that Egypt never had Semite Slaves. But Semites ruled a portion of Egypt as the Hyksos! And it was from this lineage, Moses the brother of Pharaoh and possibly the Hyksos leader led his fellow Semites out of the Egypt Material Enslavement to ascend them to a higher consciousness or Christ Consciousness (The Promise Land) which is the Divine Love. Divine Love is selfless, without greed, without hate, without material obsession. Moses saved his people from the corrupt material world of the Egyptian lifestyle. Moses even brought non-Semites with him! Moses was saving Israel which is not some race but a group of people following Abraham's lead. This is where the Jewish Religion gets it all wrong since then. Israel is all people, not a race.

Okay. Now. Yes. Yoga and Meditations can be ways of levitating our consciousness to Divine Love. But not until we act as it- "Love thyself, God, and others" the Golden Rule will we attain it. Otherwise we are still living under the Law of Karma. So yes the Indian/Buddhist techniques are child's play compared to living a "Middle Path" that Jesus set down. All that matters is Love. I could spew out a thousand yoga this, spiritual that, Moses played with his underwear, doesn't matter. Jesus is the ultimate thing who was Love. End of Story.

Now DivineLove, this is Edgar Cayce on Jesus:

Jesus was the first soul to come into the Earth plane coming over from the spirit world, the mind of the Father. His ether/astral name was Amilius. Entering into the astral plane, the Jesus soul help bring other souls with him to experience this great thing we call life. Jesus is also the soul who helped form the physical body we have now centered with a third eye for the Christ principle, and the seven chakras for man's development. So when God said- "Let us make Man in our image". God is speaking amongst himself as "Father, Mother, and Amilius/Jesus". So Once the Adamic race was fully projected by the will of God through the Jesus soul, the later Jesus actually entered one of them. This was Adam the Son of God in Genesis. So the entire Bible is about this one soul named Jesus beginning as Adam and ending as Jesus. As Adam, Jesus fell from the Divine Love as everyone single human did. But in Adam of Genesis he as God's prototype and firstborn Son, he was meant to be the one to bring the world back to Divine Unselfish Love. So eventually perfecting himself to God's Laws, and through numerous incarnations he became the Divine Love. Then he finally reincarnated for his last life not for his own development but for our development. As the Christ consciousness incarnate, Jesus was giving the world the Law of Grace/Divine Love, and through his crucifixion of self and resurrection he made the promise of eternal life and oneness with God a reality, and something we must all attain. So according to Cayce Jesus was both someone who had his own development because we all have free will but was also the Son coming into the world to deliver it of karma/material bondage/self.

Christ is the power, the messenger, the spirit, the way. Jesus is the Man, the pattern, and the elder brother.

Amilius, once again, you message holds a strange blend of things that I absolutely LOVE, and others, which I do not agree with. :)

We have an interesting dynamic. Our beliefs seem to intersect in very peculiar places, and from what I can tell, it is in the most crucial particulars.
So that is a good thing! :)

I will begin with what I feel are pearls, from that which you have written.

"Yes, DivineLove amen to what you said!! The entire Eastern belief and techniques of Yoga and meditation are all kindergarten work compared to the Divine Love. I wholeheartedly agree. My eastern mysticism beliefs come from those four yogi Masters who were meant to bridge East and West. They are Babaji, Lahiri Mahayana, Sri Yukteswar (my favorite), and Paramahansa Yogananda. "

I am so very glad, that you have developed to a point, where you can clearly sense the magnitude of God's Divine Love, in contrast to other Natural Practices. This is exceptional!
I walked the Eastern path, as you did. I LOVE the Eastern path. Yoga, meditation, these are practices that improve health, they can help a person develop and learn of the metaphysical aspects of the subtle body, chakras, etc.
But they are just that. Natural Practices.
They are not Divine in any way.
The men you listed are very Enlightened men, in their respective practices. In the Eastern way.
The authors that I favor, are Sri Nisargadatta Mahara, Sri Ramana Maharshi, John Wheeler, (mostly from Advaita Vedanta, the yoga of consciousness).
These are all great men, and very "Enlightened" in the Eastern sense. According to this Natural Practice, or Natural Path.

There are MANY natural paths. Many.

But there is only ONE Divine Path. And that is the path that Jesus teaches.
That is what he taught, in scripture. With great authority. So long ago.

And that is exactly what he teaches in this book. The path towards God's Divine Love. The transformation of your soul, into the Divine soul, through God's Divine Love.
The advantage of this book, is that while Divine Love, is the most important teaching. Jesus also explains SO many other aspects of spirituality. The afterlife, the different spirit realms, EVERYTHING. Soul mates, God, Attributes of God, the soul, soul development, etc.

This book, aligns with the Bible, but teaches of things that are not in the Bible. And while that may go against doctrine, the teacher, Jesus, our Holy Father's most beloved son, is in a better place to decide what is sanctioned, and what is True, over any church, or man made doctrine.

Next to Our Heavenly Father, Jesus, is the Highest authority, on all things spiritual. I did not understand this nearly as well, before I read this book.

Pearl # 2: "Christ is the power, the messenger, the spirit, the way. Jesus is the Man, the pattern, and the elder brother."

That is exactly how I feel. Amen brother! If I could hug you, I would! It's like reading my own thoughts. Beautifully put!
Until these books, I read all kinds of literature on spiritual teachings, and channeled works, etc.
None of it, can be substantiated. None of it aligns with scripture.
And then these books come along, and my entire understanding of the spirit world, the hierarchy, my relationship to God, the afterlife, so many things, became so clear.
And it was all due to Jesus, and the Celestials.

So these are common points so far.
Now I wish to point out one thing that separates our beliefs, in a very strong way.

You seem to think that James E. Padgett had a viewpoint, or even a say, in these teachings.
He does not.
He was a lawyer. And a Christian.
But he does not comment on these teachings. These teachings are channeled from Jesus and the Celestial Spirits, the Highest in God's Kingdom.
The man, Mr. Padgett, was merely a medium.

Your comparison to Edgar Cayce, is not altogether appropriate. Because Edgar Cayce, did not channel the teachings of Jesus, or the Celestials. But rather, he channeled, through his form of self-induced trance, higher teachings.

But they were very much HIS teachings. He is the author of his works. The source of his material is himself. He may have channeled it from a higher place, but he is the author of his works. They are HIS interpretations, and his theories. He cannot lay claim to have had the privilege of communicating with Jesus and other Celestial Spirits.

James E. Padgett, is not the author of this publication. Jesus and the Celestial Spirits, (and other spirits from the natural realms), are the authors.
The teachings do not ORIGINATE from Mr. Padgett.
They originate from our elder brother (loved your usage of that by the way), God's most beloved son, Jesus.

There is a HUGE difference between a man going into trance, and putting forth all kinds of spiritual content, which, so far from what I have read, sounds like a mish mash of so many different things.
All essentially his own theories, his own gleanings. Through trance.

And then Mr. Padgett's work, which is all channeled from Jesus and the Celestials. He does not put forth any theories. He is not the author of anything. Nor the source.
Jesus is the Source. The Celestial Spirits are the source.
That takes this work to a whole other level.

Our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, may not feel that channeled material aligns with the Bible, but anyone who actually READS this book, will very clearly see that what Jesus teaches is almost in complete alignment with scripture. (There are corrections, that he makes along the way.)

The stuff you sited, from Edgar Cayce. I am sorry brother, respectfully, all of that sounds really sloppy, and all over the place. They are just a lot of high theories from a human being. One man. Some of it may contain some level of truth. But it's so jumbled. And again, the difference I am trying to point to, is that the author whose work you resonate with, he is the source of these teachings. They may be impressions from beyond, he may have made rapport with higher spirits. But he cannot claim to have made contact with Jesus, or any Celestial, but rather, offers a commentary on spiritual things.

You cannot compare his work, to the ACTUAL teachings of Jesus and the Celestials. It is not the same thing.

A human being, no matter how far developed in their soul development, are just not on the level where Jesus and the Celestial Spirits reside. Those souls are VERY advanced.
And their teachings, are more accurate, and align with scripture far more closely than what you sited from Edgar Cayce.

Brother, you are a good person. That much is clear. And your beliefs, although different from mine, in the most important ways, are so very similar.
You and I are, as far as I am concerned, in terms of the bare essentials, we're the same page! God's Blessings to you!

On the more general things, we are on 2 different ends of one spectrum.
I fully endorse these teachings, you only agree with portions of them.
And this is fine. It is not about being right or wrong.
Everyone can have different opinions, impressions, pespectives, etc.

What I wish to preserve, and not spoil, a privilege we both had, is actually reading the content, and using our own God given faculties, to form impressions, to draw conclusions and beliefs, for ourselves.

We have had this benefit.

I wish for others to have this privilege, to use their own faculties, and not have too many outside opinions intrude, or taint their perception.

I mean this in all sincerity, and most respectfully.

Please, let us continue our dialogue through email, and leave this strand, these teachings without the clutter of too many pre-conceived notions.

God's Love and Blessings to All!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, then, let me say --if you could talk about this one more time on that Christian site this is what I would do or
would have done first thing ----instead of having them click onto the site --- show them this:

"Let your prayer be such as this:

Our Father, who art in heaven, we recognize that thou art all holy, loving and merciful; and that we
are thy children, and not the
subservient or depraved creatures that false teachers would have us believe.

We are the greatest of thy creation, and the most wonderful
of all thy handiworks, and the objects of thy great soul’s love and tenderest care.

Thy will is that we become at-one with thee, and partake of thy great love, which thou hast bestowed
upon us through thy mercy
and desire that we become, in truth, thy children—through love, and not
through the sacrifice and death of any of thy creatures.

We pray that thou will open up our souls to the inflowing of thy love, and that then may come thy holy spirit to bring
into our souls this love in great abundance, until our souls shall be transformed into the very essence of thyself.
And that there may come to us faith—such faith as will cause us to realize that we are truly thy children, and one with thee
in very substance, and not in image only.

Let us have such faith as will cause us to know that thou art our Father, the bestower of every good and
perfect gift, and that only we ourselves can prevent thy love changing us from the mortal to the immortal.

Let us never cease to realize that thy love is waiting for each and all of us, and that when we come to thee in faith and earnest aspiration,

thy love will never be withholden from us.

Keep us in the shadow of thy love every hour and moment of
our lives, and help us to overcome all the temptations of the flesh,
and the influence of the lower ones, who so constantly surroundus and endeavor to turn our thoughts
away from thee, to the distractions and allurements of this world.

We thank thee for thy love, and the privilege of receiving it.
We know that thou art our Father—the loving Father who smiles upon us in our weakness, and is always ready
to help us and take us to thy arms of love.

We pray thus with all the earnestness and sincere longings of our souls, and trusting in thy love, give thee all the
glory, honor, and love that our finite souls can give.

Such a prayer appeals to the love of the Father, and with the answer (which will surely come) will come
all the blessings that men may need, and which the Father sees are for the good of His children."

Maybe that would open up a couple!!! Hmm?

Miss Hepburn, you're a rare gem! These teachings, do not agree with everyone's sensibilities.
But when they do, they resonate VERY strongly!

I can feel that resonance with you. God Bless you! :)

You have been moved, and you have posted a prayer from the Mater of the Celestial Heavens, our elder brother, Jesus.
You have no idea how much more awaits!

I just want to take the time to say that I am feel very grateful, to have come here, and engaged in dialogue, with so many good people!

God's Love and Blessings to one and All,

Old 05-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLove
Miss Hepburn, you're a rare gem! These teachings, do not agree with everyone's sensibilities.
But when they do, they resonate VERY strongly!
I can feel that resonance with you. God Bless you! :)

You have been moved, and you have posted a prayer from the Mater of the Celestial Heavens, our elder brother, Jesus.
You have no idea how much more awaits!
I just want to take the time to say that I am feel very grateful, to have come here, and engaged in dialogue, with so many good people!
God's Love and Blessings to one and All,

I'm sorry, I didn't catch anything after, " Miss Hepburn you are a rare gem."

Old 07-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Master
This is to Shim on -

"If Jesus had to attain than that means he had a sin nature"

Yes. and No.

To Orthodox Christianity it would mean he was once a sinner. Someone who fell short of the mark, someone not in communion with God. And In Eastern Mysticism it would mean that Jesus in his past lives operated in bad karma and was at once ignorant and deluded.

Both of these schools of thought are WRONG WRONG WRONG.

I do not even believe in "sin". It is the worst thing ever invented by the human mind. To label something and make it a static blemish, a mark, a black spot.

Mistakes and Graces come and go like the ocean current. Nothing is static in life not even the universe.

Just because I believe/said Jesus attained something before he became Jesus Christ doesn't mean he was a bad person.

Now the whole "original" sin of Adam and Eve is horribly misunderstood. To the early humans they felt guilt and shame that they indulged in the sex organs "First Chakra" for pleasure and thus felt their association with the animal life. And they knew, for being in divine consciousness, that God made them his sons/daughters. They did something that wasn't part of their higher nature. Animals are part of God, they have spirits. They are NOT sinful. And they do things for pleasure and like to live in the carnal world. But because the first humans saw it as guilt, unworthiness, this is where the so-called sin or separation from God comes in. They had and still have God's blessing, but they do not have their own blessing. Now sex is part of man's psyche. God does not send messengers into the world to be celibate (a choice that Jesus personally took), if anything God wants to show Man how sex and the lower chakras can be part of himself in a balanced life. Jesus could have had a partner and had sex and it would not have made him less of what he is.

Read Jon Peniel on "Primal Tantra Sex". He clears up all the stupid ideas we have of sex and throws away all past tantra b/s that yogis created. He talks about "Spiritual Sex". That is what is great about God's creation of Man, we can take something that is seen as a lower nature and transform it into something pure, amazing, and pleasurable and good for the soul. But we have people who demonize it and make it look gross and this is wrong in itself.

So yes, when I say Jesus attained something I never said he was sinful. He could have been equivalent to a loving husband with children at one time who was a family man and lived for his family. But it doesn't mean he expressed the DIVINE LOVE, the universal Christ consciousness. Which he did as Jesus, he lived for all brothers and sister, family, friends, loved ones, enemies, allies, devils, and saints. He was higher than the average saint. He had no ego. He would defend the lowest person to the highest person in his Mother. This is the great mystery of Divine Love. It knows no boundaries and no limit. Life is about progress, growth, and going to the next step. You should see it as steps not as getting rid of sins.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
This is to Shim on -

"If Jesus had to attain then that means he had a sin nature"

Yes. and No.

To Orthodox Christianity it would mean he was once a sinner.

Now the whole "original" sin of Adam and Eve is horribly misunderstood.

"If Jesus had to attain then that means he had a sin nature"
"To Orthodox Christianity it would mean he was once a sinner."

And that is all I needed to hear.

"Now the whole "original" sin of Adam and Eve is horribly misunderstood."

Yes indeed, the first original sin was disobeying God's commandment.

The rest of the post appears to be "New Age" and although I appreciate your response Amilius777, I for one don't follow any of what you posted. It appears to be a mix n match of objects of worship, nor do I “deconstruct” texts in order to abolish their authority. Furthermore, Hebrews 9:27 clearly shows that belief in reincarnation is not an option for a Christian. Each individual is granted a single lifetime on earth and "after this, judgment." Jesus told of a rich man who died and in hell lifted up his eyes in torment Luke 16:23. There is no opportunity to return to earth.

And I don't believe in the Gap theory of Edgar Cayce and his insertions or just about anything I've ever read of his, isn't this the man who taught that Atlantis existed ten million years ago and was inhabited by spirit beings, and that they eventually took up residence in the bodies of Adam and Eve and the others who populated God's new creation?

This may be of interest and perhaps how he got his name the "sleeping prophet."

Edgar Cayce (1877-1945) has been applauded as one of the most impressive prophets of modern times. At the age of six or seven he was seeing “visions.” Cayce claimed that by sleeping with his head on his school books, he could absorb knowledge, which enabled him to advance rapidly in his education. He claimed psychic healing powers (three almonds a day is a cure for cancer!), taught the doctrine of reincarnation, and advocated a number of bizarre theological doctrines (e.g., Jesus and Adam were the same person), and said that he (Cayce) wrote the Gospel of Luke in a previous life. As a prophet, Cayce was a catastrophic failure. For instance, he prophesied that during the early portion of a forty-year span (1958-98) a tilting of the Earth’s axis would produce drastic physical alterations of our planet. “The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea,” etc. (Stern, 1967, p. 37). Cayce’s apologists claim that he predicted World War II. And yet, Jess Stern, who did more to popularize Cayce than any other writer, wrote: “Edgar Cayce was as stunned as anybody else when the bombs dropped on Pearl Harbor” (1967, p. 16).

CONCLUSION

There is not a more significant truth to be emphasized at this concluding point than this: the Bible is God’s final prophetic word to humanity. Do not listen to those who claim special predictive abilities, or to those who twist the Scriptures in an effort to fulfill a personal prophetic agenda.

Rest of article

Last edited by Shim : 08-12-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:45 AM
Experiencer
CONCLUSION

There is not a more significant truth to be emphasized at this concluding point than this: the Bible is God’s final prophetic word to humanity. Do not listen to those who claim special predictive abilities, or to those who twist the Scriptures in an effort to fulfill a personal prophetic agenda.

Rest of article[/quote]

Shim. I will speak with you, if you respond honestly and maintain your conduct appropriately.

What you wrote up above, if you believed in that, with all your heart and soul, that the Bible is God's final prophetic word to humanity, then you would not be here on a spiritual form.

No, I think you would be firmly rooted in a good old fashioned Christian forum. Where our brothers and sisters in Christ, hold entirely to those very assertions.

But you are not there.

You are here.

Why the discrepancy? :)

If you feel you have all the answers, why drift to these places?

I've had contact with very rigid Christians, and I can tell you, that they would not be caught anywhere near a forum such as this.

And yet, here you are, talking the talk, but not entirely walking the walk.

The teachings that brought me to Christianity, to God's Divine Love, are these teachings, which I came here to share, with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, and anyone really, who had questions, perhaps, that the Bible did not answer.

In the last 2 weeks, I have learned a great deal, from many people. About scripture. About beliefs. It has been a wonderful journey.

But I say to you, this. Do not be so certain, about the finality of anything. Until your own eyes, and your own faculties, your very soul, have gazed upon it.

Do not presume to know better than Jesus. The span of 2000 years, is a long time.
Better instead, to look at that which you seem to hesitate in doing. And see with you own perception, the truth, if there is any.

Then post a conclusion.

I have to admit that I would be curious to see what your soul's perception would make of these teachings.

When you are composed, and you speak with a regard for others, I can sense a strong intellect.

But when you shift into malevolent behavior, it quickly becomes apparent, that God's Love has not yet blossomed within your soul.

Many Christians believe the scripture. They believe in God, on a mental level. But they are shown to be lacking, in the most vital of places.

In the soul.

Where if you did receive God's Love, your words would resonate with that very Love, and not negativity, or at times sheer malevolence.

It is not enough, to know scripture, inside out, as you do.

God's Love has to be within your soul.

I have read your posts. And I have sensed your person.

You are well versed, in a great many things. But I cannot say in all earnestness, that God's Love, has warmed your soul.

Not as far as I can see, or feel, from your commentary.

And that, my friend, is what Christianity, is really all about.

I know, that you know this.

I am speaking to you, from and on the level of soul. How will you respond?
With a mental assertion? With some form of scripture, to re-confirm
your mental acuity?

Or will you say something, honest, something from your soul?
Old 08-12-2010, 03:00 AM
Shim

Actually I am a member on other "Christian" forums. And decided this isn't the best place for me to be. Bye all.