Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Carnelian

Hi Jaycee
I have visited a Homeopath, although my problem was not just about the pain. I was experiencing a feeling that I was going to start the whole thing again just at the point of finishing a period. My Homeopath gave me Sepia and it really helped. Im not saying that Sepia is the answer for you but a Homeopath would assess you holistically and possibly determine if there is a reason for the intense pain

Homeopathy works for me, may be worth a try?
Hope this is of any help to you

love and light
Carnelian
Old 08-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Roo

Jaycee- Something else you may consider is EFT, short for Emotional Freedom Technique. It was mentioned in another thread about smoking, and I found it helped a lot with menstrual issues...www.emofree.com
Old 08-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Exhileration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycee
I was just wondering, as I sit here in pain, if anyone has any good tips & advice for coping with period pain? I suffer quite badly every month for the first couple of days, and have yet again resorted to quite strong pain killers to get me through. I try to avoid any type of medicine/drug otherwise, and would like to try some sort of natural pain relief or preventative measures instead.

What works best for this type of thing?

Hi Jaycee,

I suffer from fairly severe cramping each month, and have some pre-existing feminine issues relating to my ovaries which do contribute to additional discomfort monthly.

I suggest a nice cup of raspberry tea, a bubble bath, and by all means please avoid tampons. If you need to use a tampon, explore the option of natural sponge tampons or other natural methods. Regular drugstore tampons actually contain ingredients which prolong your period and can cause extra cramping.

Remember that you are woman, Divine. Your menses are a reminder that you are alive, vital, and full of life! Honor your period and your cramps and give thanks for the opportunity to carry the life blood within your womb.

Pamper yourself girlfriend.

Exhilerate yourself!
Old 09-04-2007, 02:15 AM
AnnieB

Here's what to do from a Reflexology standpoint:

for hands: find the tender spot on the thumb side of the wrist. this is where the hand meets the wrist, thumb side. should be a little tender as you rub it....rub for a good 5 minutes...doesn't matter which, right or left. this has helped me incredibly (this is your uterus reflex point by the way_

for feet: (if you are flexible...this reflex point is much quicker) find your ankle bone on the side of your foot, big toe side, ok? right underneath it, nice and tender spot... you should get quicker results from this point...takes only a minute for relief....

...also excellent if you happen to be in labor and in quite a lot of pain...you'll still have effective contractions but without the horrific pains of childbirth...

I am a Certified Reflexologist from the International Institute of Reflexology. This school is the BEST and I recommend it highly if anyone is interested in becoming certified in Reflexology...

lemme know how it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie:)
Old 09-04-2007, 02:02 PM
cweiters

Relief

Relief from menstrual cramps, its very difficult to not mask the pain with medicines.

Our food has a lot to do with the way we feel and respond each day.

Avoid Chocolate by all means necessary! Chocolate will induce the pain.

Raspberries are good during this time. You have been given many good suggestions here. I have mood swings "big time", evening primrose oil has become my best friend during this time. I put a few drops around my naval area and around root chakra.

Blessings of relief for you Jaycee

Love to all
cw
Old 10-04-2007, 03:00 AM
wisdominlight

Angels & Affirmations

Just wanted to add my two cents on this :) I had horrendous period pain to where I just wanted to curl up in a ball and sleep for 4 days (except kids and the pain wouldn't allow it lol). I am very into the angels and I had been reading a book by Louise Hay called "Heal Your Body" which is about the mental causes for physical illness and the metaphysical ways to overcome them. Before I started learning about chakras, energy and how powerful our minds are, I thought this was a bunch of hooey, but now that I started learning about this stuff, I figured what could it hurt. I found an angel prayer and I found the affirmation to say that helps with menstrual issues. I thought I'd provide it in case you were interested, because since I said this I haven't had period problems whatsoever!! I think part of it also was that I believed in the power of my angels and what they were guiding me to do :) So here is the affirmation:

"I accept my full power as a woman and accept all my bodily processes as normal and natural. I love and approve myself."

I can't find the prayer that I used for the angels, but literally you can just say a prayer to the angels (or really who or whatever you believe in) asking them to help to heal this issue.

It helped me, when I never thought I would have a normal period again... so hope it helps :)
Old 10-04-2007, 10:47 AM
~Jay~

Wow, loads more great suggestions here peeps - thankyou all!

Cweiters: My body absolutely craves chocolate at this time of the month normally...I find it really hard not to give in to it!

I have been reading lots about the magical healing properties of our menstrual blood, and how us women are highly connected & intuitive during our periods. I am going to start another thread on this when I get the chance.

Cheers all!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:32 AM
spritguide

Book1 period pains

you can try going to bed and put a towel wrapped over a hot water bottle and watch a comedy. as they say laughter is the best medicine bye for now spritguide:fucyc: :fucyc:
Old 10-04-2007, 11:37 AM
spritguide

period pains

hi i cant get period pains now, thank god i had an hysterectomy at 39yrs as i had fibroroids all over my womb. i never get the depression or pains now. that cured my problems with periods. i havaint even gone through the menopause, and im 49yrs old now. no hot flushes, nothing. i think you should go to your local spritrialist church, and see a healer. hands healing does work. you might have to go more than once. but you must beleive. the healer told me this. o.k. have a nice day. spritguide
Old 10-04-2007, 11:43 AM
spritguide

Angry chronic back pain

hi can any one help me? i suffer with chronic back pain also in my neck. no pills help or massage. not even acupunture or hands on healing. i had a violent husband who broke a broom on my back and neck and its been like this since.can any one give me any suggestions to releive my pain? also if theirs any healers on line can you do some absent healing for me thanks so much. ive wasted alot of money on acupunture and body massage. bye spritguide
Closed Thread