Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 01:17 PM
tiltjlp

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

In the opinion of the SF Staff, the worst problems on our forum are preaching and intolerance for the beliefs of other members. In an effort to control at least preaching, a new board is being added.

The Preachers Corner will soon be added, where preaching will be permitted. What still won’t be allowed is religious bashing, any personal insults and attacks, or commercial links. All forum rules will still apply to The Preachers Corner, except that preaching will be allowed. Since we’ll now have a section for preaching, this is the only place on the forum where you can preach. Preaching outside of The Preachers Corner may result in a one month ban the first time, with the length of the ban being doubled each time a member preaches outside The Preachers Corner.

Anyone who isn’t sure if what they post is preaching is advised to post in The Preachers Corner, since warnings will not be given, only bans will be issued. This addresses requests by some members that we allow preaching. As with all forum rules, this change is not open to discussion or debate. We feel this is the best compromise possible for the problems of preaching. A Sticky Announcement will be mad in The Preachers Corner with full information and details. It is advised that everyone should read it before posting in The Preachers Corner.

John
Old 03-04-2007, 12:22 AM
angelicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
The Preachers Corner will soon be added, where preaching will be permitted.

Lol, I thought this was an April Fools Day joke, but it's not the 1st of April and you're not joking are you, hahaha, what a hoot'n'rockin' idea. I get the giggles AND the shivers up the spine everytime I read the title, lol, just kidding.

Last edited by angelicious : 03-04-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:12 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicious
Lol, I thought this was an April Fools Day joke, but it's not the 1st of April and you're not joking are you, hahaha, what a hoot'n'rockin' idea. I get the giggles AND the shivers up the spine everytime I read the title, lol, just kidding.

No, this most asuredly isn't a joke. Preaching is a worsening problem on the forum, and this is seen as a way of contorlling it some. We can't do anything about intolernace and people who are unwilling to accept other's differing opinions and beliefs, but we can and will confine their preaching to one board.

John
Old 06-04-2007, 12:08 PM
angelicious

An excellent idea this is John, do you have an actual E.T.A. on the new board & when it will be up 'n' running?
Old 06-04-2007, 06:39 PM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicious
An excellent idea this is John, do you have an actual E.T.A. on the new board & when it will be up 'n' running?

Hopefully Sunday or Monday, if I find the time to fine tune to Read This First sticky with the exact rules and guidelines.

John
Old 07-04-2007, 06:03 AM
tiltjlp

Preachers Corner is now open. The forum can be found Here . Please read the Read This First sticky before either posting or reading any threads.

John
Old 17-04-2007, 06:02 PM
tiltjlp

In case you haven't noticed, Preachers Corner is now Strong Opinions & Discussions. I felt it was about time we had a Soapbox of sorts to blow off steam, or to simple rant, if the need arises.

John

Last edited by tiltjlp : 24-04-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 17-04-2007, 08:54 PM
Moonflower

Hi John

I like your style im sure it will be well used lol.
Old 18-04-2007, 03:20 AM
angelicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
In case you haven't noticed, Preachers Corner is now Preachers Corner & Strong Opinions. I felt it was about time we had a Soapbox of sorts to blow off steam, or to simple rant, if the need arises.

John

Hey, Awesome John,

Metaphorically speaking, this Aries Chic likes the new paddock named Preachers Corner & Strong Opinions. It's a good place to stomp around in once in a while, tehehe, within reason of course.

Arien Angelicious lifts her (gorgeous) hard-hitting-happy-horned-head and merrily trots off.
Old 24-04-2007, 07:38 AM
tiltjlp

Under the heading of Would You Believe? , preaching will once again be permitted on this forum. We have decided to presume our members are smart enough to know when someone is making sense, and when someone is "blowing smoke". So, if you wish to believe Member X who tells you they worship a giant rock named Sidney, that's your business. Of course, you're all expected to be understanding and tolerant of one another, but we don't suppose miracles will happen every day.

Other changes will be in how the staff moderates posts and threads. These will no longer be pulled for discussion. Now, a staff person encountering a thread or post they feel needs to be either deleted of edited, they will do so. And if a warning needs to be issued, this will be done along with the edit of the post or thread. Hope the shock isn't too much for either Dreamer or Blair.

Who would've thunk?

John

Last edited by tiltjlp : 24-04-2007 at 07:41 AM.
Closed Thread