Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 02-04-2019, 09:41 AM
Master
A technique that is similar to some Shivani mentioned is called EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) and it has actually been scientifically studied and proven to heal PTSD.

I read a book about a slight variation called ESM (Emotional Self Management) which has some modifications and incorporates a few other things, including something like EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing, not sure if that is what Shivani meant or if EMDT is another variation of that) which has also been scientifically proven as well.

And along the lines of NLP, there is a really cool guy (at least I think so) named David Snyder who shares some techniques and teachings on youtube, stuff beyond NLP but yeah I think it is worth checking him out, and hopefully somewhere in this thread you will find some appealing paths because I think they are worth it. Lastly this isn't exactly what you're seeking, but it could really be helpful or profoundly life changing as discovering her was for me, and I am especially thinking of her now because I found her right before I found David Snyder, and actually I later realized her husband is one I had quoted a paper about EFT's efficacy on. Anyway her name is Donna Eden, and she teaches about energy healing and simple exercises, many things you might even already do every day sub or un consciously.

Here are a few links if you want

some research about EFT

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5499602/

"Results- Most practitioners (63%) reported that even complex PTSD can be remediated in 10 or fewer EFT sessions. Some 65% of practitioners found that more than 60% of PTSD clients are fully rehabilitated, and 89% stated that less than 10% of clients make little or no progress."

Donna Eden interview I heard first, though there are other videos of her on youtube, including a playlist she made with her daughters where they do energy medicine minute Wednesdays and there are a bunch of short videos teaching some of the simple techniques you can do in seconds and what effect they might have physically, emotionally, spiritually, energetically, etc..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeLye6uiMh0&t=4s

I am happy to help answer any questions or provide further links or research for clarification or anything if I can be of assistance
Old 02-04-2019, 10:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
A technique that is similar to some Shivani mentioned is called EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) and it has actually been scientifically studied and proven to heal PTSD.

I read a book about a slight variation called ESM (Emotional Self Management) which has some modifications and incorporates a few other things, including something like EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing, not sure if that is what Shivani meant or if EMDT is another variation of that) which has also been scientifically proven as well.

And along the lines of NLP, there is a really cool guy (at least I think so) named David Snyder who shares some techniques and teachings on youtube, stuff beyond NLP but yeah I think it is worth checking him out, and hopefully somewhere in this thread you will find some appealing paths because I think they are worth it. Lastly this isn't exactly what you're seeking, but it could really be helpful or profoundly life changing as discovering her was for me, and I am especially thinking of her now because I found her right before I found David Snyder, and actually I later realized her husband is one I had quoted a paper about EFT's efficacy on. Anyway her name is Donna Eden, and she teaches about energy healing and simple exercises, many things you might even already do every day sub or un consciously.

some research about EFT

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5499602/

"Results- Most practitioners (63%) reported that even complex PTSD can be remediated in 10 or fewer EFT sessions. Some 65% of practitioners found that more than 60% of PTSD clients are fully rehabilitated, and 89% stated that less than 10% of clients make little or no progress."

Donna Eden interview I heard first, though there are other videos of her on youtube, including a playlist she made with her daughters where they do energy medicine minute Wednesdays and there are a bunch of short videos teaching some of the simple techniques you can do in seconds and what effect they might have physically, emotionally, spiritually, energetically, etc..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeLye6uiMh0&t=4s

I am happy to help answer any questions or provide further links or research for clarification or anything if I can be of assistance
Thank you!

Yes, it was EMDR that I was thinking about. I was thinking about EFT at the same time and a confusion of acronyms thus arose. All apologies.

I shall also check out those links you have posted, but I am pretty much at the stage where I feel as if I could actually benefit from a soul/destiny retrieval which a Shaman could provide.

For me, I also require something, like tappng, that is going to work at a subconscious level, seeing as how my ego pretty much has full control over my conscious mind and is very fussy when it comes to "letting stuff through" as we have all just witnessed.

I await the Opening Poster's perusal of this information, as it is all a question and concern of feedback.

If feedback isn't an issue, I wonder why service providers even bother with evaluation forms? but this is just my "wishful thinking" rearing its head once again.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you so kindly.

I also tend to be slightly dismissive about lessons taught when they can be very easily applied.

In my self-esteem class today, we learmed to make "I" statements.

"When you say/do............
It makes me feel...............
I would much prefer it if.........."

"So, did you just say.........?
Did I hear you correctly, or are you saying something else?
Could you please clarify?"

Of course, these skills are going to take more than a day to implement (as you pointed out) but I should at least start to apply them...also, making reposts, if I feel that my posts are being ignored.

I am not that "enlightened" yet that I can still tell the difference between posting on an internet form and writing a blog/book...as unfortunate as that is...and many days, I sit and wonder what the hell is stopping me from asking to get my account deactivated on here and just movng on.

Unfortunately, I still have a huge ego that refuses to be "killed" or "dropped" or "placated" in any way, shape or form...because it keeps on reminding me that without it, I am nothing and nobody!

It is like the Upanishads say, you have to rein it in like a charioteer. The Bhagavad Gita on one level is actually an allegory of this same process.

Arjuna is the ego, Krishna is the Higher Self. He drives the chariot, but he tricks Arjuna into thinking that he is the one in charge and he drives events according to his own will, when in reality he is simply fulfilling the role his higher self (Krishna) assigned to him all along.

I am only speaking from my own experience here, but I have realised long ago that I am not the ego, that squeaky little voice that constantly gives bad advice and tries to derail every endeavour I might undertake. The trick is to understand that this little ego is actually a trick of the mind, it is a trickster in itself. You are the higher Self. You are the One that knows what is to be done, if you just act decisively, in a state of knowing, rather than thinking, you will automatically act out Your agenda, that is, what you think of as your higher self, actually wants.

It is the Ego that gets in the way of acting in your own interests. It brings doubts into your mind and whinges all the time. If you learn to ignore the squeaky little voice in your head (I actually tell it to bugger off, when I've had enough of its constant second-guessing and complaining) and just do the first thing that comes to you naturally, you will find your life will improve immeasurably.

It's like the difference between a Learner Driver, who barely dares to turn the wheel and is overthinking every decision, vs a Formula 1 driver who drives out of pure instinct and seems to defy the laws of physics and every law of nature out there. Scientists actually studied this and it would be impossible for the conscious mind to make decisions so quickly and precisely. Once you allow your Higher Self to take charge, everything changes and nothing will seem impossible.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
It is like the Upanishads say, you have to rein it in like a charioteer. The Bhagavad Gita on one level is actually an allegory of this same process.

Arjuna is the ego, Krishna is the Higher Self. He drives the chariot, but he tricks Arjuna into thinking that he is the one in charge and he drives events according to his own will, when in reality he is simply fulfilling the role his higher self (Krishna) assigned to him all along.

I am only speaking from my own experience here, but I have realised long ago that I am not the ego, that squeaky little voice that constantly gives bad advice and tries to derail every endeavour I might undertake. The trick is to understand that this little ego is actually a trick of the mind, it is a trickster in itself. You are the higher Self. You are the One that knows what is to be done, if you just act decisively, in a state of knowing, rather than thinking, you will automatically act out Your agenda, that is, what you think of as your higher self, actually wants.

It is the Ego that gets in the way of acting in your own interests. It brings doubts into your mind and whinges all the time. If you learn to ignore the squeaky little voice in your head (I actually tell it to bugger off, when I've had enough of its constant second-guessing and complaining) and just do the first thing that comes to you naturally, you will find your life will improve immeasurably.

It's like the difference between a Learner Driver, who barely dares to turn the wheel and is overthinking every decision, vs a Formula 1 driver who drives out of pure instinct and seems to defy the laws of physics and every law of nature out there. Scientists actually studied this and it would be impossible for the conscious mind to make decisions so quickly and precisely. Once you allow your Higher Self to take charge, everything changes and nothing will seem impossible.
Yes, I am fully aware that Keshava Krishna is the charioteer of the karmendriyas (5 sense horses). Thanks for this reminder. <3

Thing is, for Krishna to drive the Chariot, it needs compliance from the ego...how do I know when Arjuna is driving and when Krishna is? for that matter, has Krishna EVER taken the reigns of my Chariot? if so or if not, how would I, who is for all intents and purposes the ego (on this forum at least) be able to tell the difference between "self" and "higher self" or maybe I havent even had the experience of my "higher self" even taking the reigns...just my "higher ego" or, I am still in the manomaya kosha (brain box) which is still reliant on logic, cause and effect and all practical things...so all I can say is yes, I have had a "spiritual awakening" for all the bloody good it did me and I would much prefer to shoot those damn horses...

So, is Shiva the one who keeps saying to me "forget about even TRYING to communicate with others...just finish translating the Vigyan Bhairava Tantra that you got half way through doing...you are a linguist NOT a conversationalist" or is that STILL my ego? blurry lines are blurry.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Yes, I am fully aware that Keshava Krishna is the charioteer of the karmendriyas (5 sense horses). Thanks for this reminder. <3

Thing is, for Krishna to drive the Chariot, it needs compliance from the ego...how do I know when Arjuna is driving and when Krishna is? for that matter, has Krishna EVER taken the reigns of my Chariot? if so or if not, how would I, who is for all intents and purposes the ego (on this forum at least) be able to tell the difference between "self" and "higher self" or maybe I havent even had the experience of my "higher self" even taking the reigns...just my "higher ego" or, I am still in the manomaya kosha (brain box) which is still reliant on logic, cause and effect and all practical things...so all I can say is yes, I have had a "spiritual awakening" for all the bloody good it did me and I would much prefer to shoot those damn horses...

So, is Shiva the one who keeps saying to me "forget about even TRYING to communicate with others...just finish translating the Vigyan Bhairava Tantra that you got half way through doing...you are a linguist NOT a conversationalist" or is that STILL my ego? blurry lines are blurry.

I agree, it is difficult to tell the difference between the ego and the Higher Self. It takes time and practice. This is how I differentiate between the two:

-Ego: Squeaky little voice. Erratic and fearful. Lustful. Driven by base desires. Unable to concentrate on any one thing for an extended time. Personality of a monkey. Keeps jumping up and down, demanding attention, not happy when not the centre of it. Not a bad guy really, just very immature and super-annoying. Hot-headed and fearful at the same time. Constantly second-guesses and doubts every decision. Likes to pretend its in charge, when it's clearly not.

- Higher Self. A citizen of Heaven, it does not truly reside in the material world. It comes from a place of calmness, love, compassion and empathy. It is harmonious, unperturbed, fearless, all-knowing and invincible. Nothing can knock it off its perch, as long as one resides in it. The Mind must be trained to stay in Higher-Self mode, which takes practice and discipline.

Regarding your question about who is driving, that's easy. Only Krishna can drive the Chariot, but he does so subtly, from the background and Arjuna hardly notices, because he's so good at it. Arjuna focuses on the distractions of battle, shooting arrows, cutting down his enemies, but it is Krishna that drives him where he needs to go. Occasionally, when Arjuna tells him to go somewhere or find someone, he will gladly oblige, because he Loves Arjuna and he is his friend.

Krishna forgives him for all his failings and shortcomings, because he has infinite patience and infinite love. When Krishna and Arjuna work together as one unit, it is impossible to distinguish between the two, they are as one. When Arjuna sees Krishna's true, Universal form and power, he humbles himself before him and gives himself over willingly. Yet, their relationship has not changed one bit, because they are still One, connected forever by their brotherly love for each other.

Regarding all disparate voices and opinions in our heads, that we all have to deal with, this is my advice: Stop Thinking. Know and feel instead. You won't be able to figure this out, because thoughts themselves are the problem. Once your thoughts cease, you enter a modality of instinctual knowing. Certainty about how things are flows from heaven, through the crown chakra, into your brain and your heart, spreading all over your body. This Soma is not just the food of the gods, it contains all the knowledge of the universe, though as a human you can only process a very small portion of it.

When you access this higher knowledge, you are no longer controlled by your ego, your true, higher self has come forward and asserted itself. You will know you are in this mode when you feel the flowing of nectar from heaven, which I'm sure you already have on many occasions. The trick is to make this illuminated state permanent and that again takes a long time, but it will eventually happen to everyone.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Thank you as well.

In my own healing journey, it is still very difficult to distinguish between those who matter to me and those who do not, even though everybody SHOULD matter to me...but try the "non separation" trip as much as I like, there are others who wish to remain very wilfully and adamantly separate FROM me and I don't know how to respond to that...the worst thing is, they start the best conversations on here and what does it mean if the starter of a thread always takes the time to respond to everybody ELSE who has posted on their thread and NOT me? is it they have simply forgotten? or are they tryng to prove a point? and when I ask "why have you not responded?" they don't reply? is it that they are selectively blind? have some kind of disability? maybe they are sexist towards females? racist towards Australians? or do they just plainly hate me? so how can one tell? and where does "there is NO separation" fit in to this? I am curious to know.
Hi Shivani Devi,
I'm not good with words so I just gave you a spiritual hug, I hope you felt something.
Reading this post made me smile and filled me with feelings of love and reading your post about "whom to worship", awhile ago made me anxious.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
I agree, it is difficult to tell the difference between the ego and the Higher Self. It takes time and practice. This is how I differentiate between the two:

-Ego: Squeaky little voice. Erratic and fearful. Lustful. Driven by base desires. Unable to concentrate on any one thing for an extended time. Personality of a monkey. Keeps jumping up and down, demanding attention, not happy when not the centre of it. Not a bad guy really, just very immature and super-annoying. Hot-headed and fearful at the same time. Constantly second-guesses and doubts every decision. Likes to pretend its in charge, when it's clearly not.

- Higher Self. A citizen of Heaven, it does not truly reside in the material world. It comes from a place of calmness, love, compassion and empathy. It is harmonious, unperturbed, fearless, all-knowing and invincible. Nothing can knock it off its perch, as long as one resides in it. The Mind must be trained to stay in Higher-Self mode, which takes practice and discipline.

Regarding your question about who is driving, that's easy. Only Krishna can drive the Chariot, but he does so subtly, from the background and Arjuna hardly notices, because he's so good at it. Arjuna focuses on the distractions of battle, shooting arrows, cutting down his enemies, but it is Krishna that drives him where he needs to go. Occasionally, when Arjuna tells him to go somewhere or find someone, he will gladly oblige, because he Loves Arjuna and he is his friend.

Krishna forgives him for all his failings and shortcomings, because he has infinite patience and infinite love. When Krishna and Arjuna work together as one unit, it is impossible to distinguish between the two, they are as one. When Arjuna sees Krishna's true, Universal form and power, he humbles himself before him and gives himself over willingly. Yet, their relationship has not changed one bit, because they are still One, connected forever by their brotherly love for each other.

Regarding all disparate voices and opinions in our heads, that we all have to deal with, this is my advice: Stop Thinking. Know and feel instead. You won't be able to figure this out, because thoughts themselves are the problem. Once your thoughts cease, you enter a modality of instinctual knowing. Certainty about how things are flows from heaven, through the crown chakra, into your brain and your heart, spreading all over your body. This Soma is not just the food of the gods, it contains all the knowledge of the universe, though as a human you can only process a very small portion of it.

When you access this higher knowledge, you are no longer controlled by your ego, your true, higher self has come forward and asserted itself. You will know you are in this mode when you feel the flowing of nectar from heaven, which I'm sure you already have on many occasions. The trick is to make this illuminated state permanent and that again takes a long time, but it will eventually happen to everyone.
Thankyou so much for the advice and I can do nothing BUT think....cogito ergo sum.

Even my feelings are thoughts...which can have great benefit when it comes to restraint, but not so good when it comes to expression.

The only thing I really have in my favour is the "voice of reason" which may/not be my "higher self" or some discarnate entity at any given time.

This is just telling me to focus on my strengths, which include the provision of resource material and the syncretism of Vajrayana Buddhism and Shaivism (aka Tantra)...we can dispense with Krishna and Arjuna as I never really got into that side of things to be honest, even though learning about the Mahabharata and Ramayana was pretty much a prerequisite...

Thing is, it all boils down to one very simple chatacter flaw...impatience.

As I was heading off to sleep tonight, I recalled a conversation that I had a while ago with Gem (a member on this forum).

He said that a good gardener just plants the seeds and waits for them to grow...she doesn't kill them off by digging them up every few days to see if they have sprouted or not.

This gardener cannot help but do that, so there is another alternative...

To find an established garden that has been untended for a while because the gardener has died, the garden is overgrown with weeds and it needs some TLC and to take over the role (if nobody else wants it). This is why I am pretty much destined to revive the traditions of Agama Dharma...single handedly if I must, but I know the Balinese Ancestors have my back.

I guess, when all is said and done, your previous summation is correct. I am not interested in Twin Flames, Relationships, Astrology, Paranormal, Afrirmations, Fairies, New Age, Ascension etc so this forum is pretty limited otherwise. The only forums I am "at home" in is Hinduism, Non Duality and occasionally the Buddhist or Spirituality forums...is it enough to keep my interest going? I don't think so...I crave more "deep stuff" and this forum just ain't about "deep stuff" and the forum aint gonna change, so ot is up to me to decide if ot has outlived its usefulness (if it ever was useful) or not.

You are also correct. I follow the Left Hand Path as well and should realise by now that it is an extremely lonely one.

I spent 20 years in isolation...just myself and the Devas...I went to try and mingle and mix with others of my kind, other people, only to fully realise WHY it was I spent 20 years in isolation...I never got used to existential loneliness...its way past time that I learned how.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
Hi Shivani Devi,
I'm not good with words so I just gave you a spiritual hug, I hope you felt something.
Reading this post made me smile and filled me with feelings of love and reading your post about "whom to worship", awhile ago made me anxious.
Thank you!

I'm no good with words either..but a little kindness goes a long way with me..hugs back atcha.

Of course you know, in that "whom to worship" thread, I could have said "Shiva is where it's at, forget Krishna" but my THOUGHTS intruded, saying that could be misconstrued as beng sectarian and/or biased...however, if I really stopped thinking, it would also mean I didn't give a damn about what anybody else thought either, making me a VERY intolerable and insufferahle b*tch.

Suffice to say, I don't think we will be hearing from Ajay, Neil or Davidsun for quite a while and I am extremely happy they have departed because they are oh so bloody annoying! See what happens when I remain true to myself? I weed out all of the "spiritual wannabes" and my shadow just laps it up.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:38 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Dear one, if you have already seen clinical psychologists, doctors and specialists in the field and they have proven unhelpful or unsuccessful in treating your trauma, then I just may be able to render some on-forum assistance here.

Treating trauma and healing the mind/brain from PTSD and past abuse is quite the tricky process, because no two brains will process information in exactly the same way, so there is never a "one size fits all" treatment or solution to this.

All I can do is offer you quite a few options and a personal testimony, but you will need to try it out for yourself.

First off, let me begin this by sayng that sensitive people like us are the unwilling and unwitting "scapegoats" if you will. The dumping station for all those people who have unresolved pain and trauma in their lives.

Such tormented souls will look for any external situation or person they can control, seeing as how they cannot control their own pitiful lives, so they find an innocent, pure soul without any boundaries and then hide all of their grief and sorrow behind them in the facade of anger, violence and abuse...and while that behaviour is not (and never will be) okay, it helps us to understand that it also never was or is about us either...we just happened to be there, in a convenient location.

This is the first step in unravelling it.

The processes I have found that help the mind, like meditation helps the soul:

Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Eye Movement Desensitisation Technique (EMDT)
Building resilience to Distress Intolerances
Stoicism

As well as nourishing the "reward centre" in the brain (prefrontal cortex) through self soothing practices, keeping a gratitude journal, acknowleging your own values and strengths and to learn assertive communication skills and how to actually OWN your identity with barriers firmly in place this time.

I am still working on the last one, because my defense system is like Area 51...and it's not because I am afraid of criticism or judgment...it is because I am afraid of how I will react if I am criticised or judged, because I am not above the use of violent behaviour myself...it takes a lot to get me there though, which is a good thing.

I will post some more later, but I wish you all the best for now.

Hi,
Thank you for all you wrote. Everything is true and really something that needs to be kept in mind.
I’m not planning for those practices to replace a psychological treatment, but more like to complete it. Although from the brief experience I had with psychological treatment I know not to rely on it too much for my mental health.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:16 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez

some research about EFT

Thanks, I'll look into it.