Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 17-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I am so sorry. I've read a couple of your posts - you're in deep ___ aren't you?
Been there!!!!

I found that reading 'Getting the Love You Want' explains alot. Harvelle Hendricks
Just 2 chapters and you'll get it.

LOL! Am I?

Thank you! I'll look into that!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 17-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
My partner looks nothing like me or my Dad

I know I quite able to put my rose tints on and see things as they're not!

But are my feelings wrong?

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

it was a study done by harvard with psychical attraction only. were you attracted to him on based on his appareance intially? also this doesn't mean hair color, eye color, it has more to do with eye shape, nose etc

as for feelings no that doens't make them wrong but they could make you view reality subjectively
Old 17-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
it was a study done by harvard with psychical attraction only. were you attracted to him on based on his appareance intially? also this doesn't mean hair color, eye color, it has more to do with eye shape, nose etc

as for feelings no that doens't make them wrong but they could make you view reality subjectively

Ah, I've not gone into that much depth.

I'm not sure why I was attracted to him.

It was something that built up over time.

As we spent time together we each ticked each others' boxes, so to speak,,, It felt right! It still does, in lots of ways!

Previous to this I was in a very passionate liason, that fizzled out, then fired up as and when. We had something that seemed to suit both of us, as and when,,,, Either of us could contact the other and it would fire up, it fizzled out when it seemd it suited both of us too. At first it was confusing, yet I soon got used to it and got on with my own life during and in-between. It was in the fizzled out stage when I met my now partner.

The other day he contacted me and the feelings came back, oh boy, did they! Previous to this, I'd been thinking about him for a few days.

Now, did I feel his thoughts?

Did he pick up on mine, then contact me?

Was it just we were on the same wavelength?

Now the confusing part is, I'm not on this wavelength with my now partner!

This is what I'm questioning!

If it can happen with my ex, why is it not happening with my partner?

Where is the wavelength? Does it have to come from both of us?

Can I determine it? Can he determine it?

I know I'm missing something, I just can't see it!

My feelings, or lack of them sometimes, are getting in the way!

My ex knows I'm in a relationship, he tried to tempt me and I resisted! My partner and our relationship is too important to me with regards to this. I just miss the passion!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 17-01-2011, 11:02 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggi
What are these emotions we feel for the opposite sex and why do we feel them?

Why are we attracted sexually to some yet not others?

Why do we fight some that in truth are good for us, yet can follow those that are no good for us to the end of the earth and back again if we get the urge to?

Why do we have a line that's so fine it's hardly there for some, yet wouldn't even consider letting others cross the line?

I'm in a state of confusion!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Ohh.. such easy questions.. ehh?

What are these emotions we feel for the opposite sex and why do we feel them?

Depends on the emotion.. lust is kind of need and lack based..

If you feel love of another.. it is simply a reflection of self..

The why we feel them.. denotes why we exist at all? I'll just skip answering this question.. it's long and borring..

Why are we attracted sexually to some yet not others?

Good question.. I think it's ultimately about vibration.. and sometimes what we prefer.. or perhaps the EGO prefers..

Why do we fight some that in truth are good for us, yet can follow those that are no good for us to the end of the earth and back again if we get the urge to?

"Relationship is the most complicated game on the planet" that's what my teacher says.. To put it in my understanding.. every relationship can teach us things about ourselves.. sometimes we don't really like what we see or how we feel but we chase anyway!

Why do we have a line that's so fine it's hardly there for some, yet wouldn't even consider letting others cross the line?

That line is all ego my friend.. stop ego'ing and start feeling.. when you allow all others to cross that line.. that state is "unconditional love"

And even in state of "unconditional love" you can still have what you prefer..
Old 18-01-2011, 11:25 AM
supernova

Everyone has a magnetism but the magnet is love and I second beauty to it. Of course the body matters at first glance and once it deepens we see nothing but love
Old 20-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I am so sorry. I've read a couple of your posts - you're in deep ___ aren't you?
Been there!!!!

I found that reading 'Getting the Love You Want' explains alot. Harvelle Hendricks
Just 2 chapters and you'll get it.

Thank you!

I've started reading this book and yes, it does explain a lot!

My partner and I are opposites in the feeling department and can each take something that the other does to bring it to some normality.

First I have to work on understanding his shutting off so I can apply it to my expression of feelings. A happy medium :)

Thank you again! And thank you to everyone else who posted to help me find the answer

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx