Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 26-12-2017, 04:31 PM
Deactivated Account

In line with others I believe the best and quickest route is a group setting supported by meditation and spiritual studies in your own time. Meditative practices, ritual, intention and spiritual laws need to be explored through book learning, practices you resonate with need to be set in motion alongside. This is the first step in my experience as we are forced to define our spiritual belief system and faith which ensure protection else we're stuck at the starting block.

Faith and trust are slow to build because they are based on first hand experiences but we must ask for evidence and be open to signs and coincidences at first because this is the only way they can get information through due to the fact we lack the ability to perceive psychic information but it develops as we grow spiritually, it's a by product of exploration and practice.

First we learn to perceive subtle intuitive info, then psychic info usually during meditative or similar practices, tarot is also very helpful for developing self awareness and psychic ability. It's about getting your boundaries and barriers out of the way as well as limitations through faulty perceptions in order for spirit to get through but in order to achieve this we need to work on becoming aware of them, also we must practice to develop psychic perception as we can't just read about it.

Psychic ability is the forerunner to mediumistic development where we no longer tap into the universal pool of knowledge but rather a person in spirit or higher entity that is not bound into the life-death-rebirth cycle and we learn this through mental mediumship where we are present, aware and simply relaying info via clairaudience/clairvoyance/clairsentience.

I don't practice trance channeling as yet so can't speak from experience but it's classed as physical mediumship where we consent to be an unconscious channel rather like a puppet, takes skill, great trust and practice to attain this level where we become unconscious of proceedings but the info coming through may not be any more accurate than other forms of mediumship.

The only experience I have of this is falling into deep unconscious trance during meditation but I've never consciously given consent to act as a physical medium so whilst I may be able to reach the required state it is as yet not under my conscious control and happens sporadically so a long way to go there.

It is highly unlikely if not impossible to reach the higher ranks without the understanding you need to keep yourself safe, there are some dangers though most are highly exaggerated to my limited perceptions but none the less I strongly advise you to focus your energy on channeling a being of pure light by specification of such, it's as simple as that, what you perceive that to be may be any number of things such as an Angel, a Saint, personal lifetime guide, a loved one in spirit or simply the truth. Once you have evidence of what you are communicating with you will be guided first hand and anyone/thing you channel will be linked in via your guide who stabilises the connection and keeps us safe once we learn the skill.

We would not develop the ability to channel without an insight into the higher planes and the laws that govern it, same as we would not be given the key to tarot unless we gain self awareness and self control to point that we are able to override the ego self for without this ability we could do a lot of damage and for this reason we are held back according to spiritual growth which is the crux of where and how to start.

Have fun, go with what you're drawn to and fascinated with explore automatic writing, experience the states a flotation tank can induce (sensory deprivation) an amazing ideal for channelling, try trance dancing if you're a physical person etc and the list goes on. Work too on integrity as this single factor holds many people back, best of luck with it.
Old 28-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Master
That's a powerful and scary story SaturinePluto, thank you for sharing it with the OP. The black eyes are very interesting, I'll think more on that. I've seen peoples eyes darken when they are sick, under long term drinking or drug use and other very low frequency occurrences, just as I've seen peoples eyes get very bright and light during spiritual highs and epiphanies. There maybe some sort of connection here.

Some people are more open, its easier for entities to move in and out. I notice if I meditate too long, like say a one day retreat, I become very open as well, being in high frequency only high frequency beings could move in, that being said my human still finds that very alarming. For the moment at least, this body is my earthly housing and as such I'm protective of it.

Twice now I've seen actual possessions, an entity come in and take over the body for a long time as if it were its own. The one young lady I don't know whatever became of her, the entity threw her through a 2nd story plate glass window and her tribe came and got her from the hospital, she never returned to school. That was decades ago.

The other one, more recent took over a young adult male who was learning how to channel, it's had him for nearly a year now. While its not destructive like the first entity, it has made a mess of his personal life and friends have fled, his mother is beyond scared and he can't hold a job down.
I'm told at some point he will choose to exert his control and take back over his body and kick it out himself. Until then there's nothing anyone can do - this is part of his learning as he has the option this life to become a great Channel - but first he must learn to recognize entities intentions as they approach to work through him and he must learn to stay in some control of his vessel and not just give it away to anything which tries to come in.
It's a hard learning. :(
Old 30-12-2017, 04:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
That's a powerful and scary story SaturinePluto, thank you for sharing it with the OP. The black eyes are very interesting, I'll think more on that. I've seen peoples eyes darken when they are sick, under long term drinking or drug use and other very low frequency occurrences, just as I've seen peoples eyes get very bright and light during spiritual highs and epiphanies. There maybe some sort of connection here.

Some people are more open, its easier for entities to move in and out. I notice if I meditate too long, like say a one day retreat, I become very open as well, being in high frequency only high frequency beings could move in, that being said my human still finds that very alarming. For the moment at least, this body is my earthly housing and as such I'm protective of it.

Twice now I've seen actual possessions, an entity come in and take over the body for a long time as if it were its own. The one young lady I don't know whatever became of her, the entity threw her through a 2nd story plate glass window and her tribe came and got her from the hospital, she never returned to school. That was decades ago.

The other one, more recent took over a young adult male who was learning how to channel, it's had him for nearly a year now. While its not destructive like the first entity, it has made a mess of his personal life and friends have fled, his mother is beyond scared and he can't hold a job down.
I'm told at some point he will choose to exert his control and take back over his body and kick it out himself. Until then there's nothing anyone can do - this is part of his learning as he has the option this life to become a great Channel - but first he must learn to recognize entities intentions as they approach to work through him and he must learn to stay in some control of his vessel and not just give it away to anything which tries to come in.
It's a hard learning. :(

Hello.

Yes I have seen what you mean by the darkening of eyes in connection with excessive addiction issues and drug use. I could almost explain it as seeing much underlying anger within the eyes, as if the addiction itself, or rather its presence, can be seen there.

Where you say some are more open, it made me think back to a couple experiences. One was I was attempting to meditate to figure a possible past life. I received imagery during the state. When I was through with the meditation I went to exit the bedroom to refill my glass, and came to look in the full body mirror on the closet door to see that my eyes were a solid black...

First thought was this again? Why does this keep happening to me? I was feeling frustrated because this type of thing keeps happening to me and I don't understand why?

Then I thought well what was I just doing before this? Then it dawned on me that I had just in fact been visualizing something, and I thought wait a moment, is it possible this happens when one is channeling? I mean is this what channeling is supposed to be? I want no part of it...

Then one night during the fall in September of this year I believe. I had a type of experience where I considered I could be channeling again. I went out of doors during the night for some quiet. I went over to the patio table and seating and sat down and lit a cigarette. I sat in contemplation and worked on quieting of mind as I often do outside. Then I coughed but it didn't sound quite like myself but rather what I refer to as a voice of the dead. This raspy cough with an echo I can not produce with my own voice. I was taken aback for a moment. I thought of immediately the feelings I was having at the time. Felt a spirit of the dead feeling, but wondered if I were being tricked. I thought again on whether or not I was channeling.

I Went to go indoors and looked into the glass window of the door expecting my eyes to be black, but they were normal. So I thought again, am I being tricked? Shrugged and went inside.

I have been wondering for quite some time now if those experiences were examples of channeling.
Old 30-12-2017, 05:30 AM
Master
I would say no, they don't sound like it. But I must admit, you sound very open, as in it's easy for Beings to match to your frequency and 'hang out in you' for a bit.
I'm sure you've heard all the lectures about Grounding and doing Psychic Shielding and Cutting Cords. The basics of the basics for self protection, so I won't give that speel again. But it might be a really good idea to start practicing all three daily.
Being an open vessel is cool if you can control what's wandering through your body vehicle.
Control being the prime word here. You let in who you want into your house, not just anybody wandering by on the street. It's those locks on the doors which start giving us control of wandering strangers getting entry.
Old 30-12-2017, 06:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

The how is a very individualiatic thing. The web site link in my signature attempts to guide those interested in these things. However it is not a formula.

We all have an intellect which wants direction for some thing like this. Now if you ask your higher self that question, instead of me, the energy of your intent will be greatly appreciated. Trust your intuition and your inclinations on how to proceed.

Using your imagination is a good way to start. Ask a question and then guess what that answer might be. Have a discussion where your higher self is allowed to make suggestions. Then put those insights into practice. Have that follow up conversation where you get to talk about the results of your efforts.

This is a full body experience. How you feel will influence your logical reasoning. What keeps most of us from success in these things is our own intellectual objections. That is why many traditionally use trance channeling to get the intellect out of the way. In my view it is best if you can train your brain to step aside and allow your intuition to have its say.

John
You write, on your site "Embrace your higher self with a hug". How does your (John's) higher self look? Do you know his name?
Old 31-12-2017, 05:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
You write, on your site "Embrace your higher self with a hug". How does your (John's) higher self look? Do you know his name?

Hi,

My higher self's name is my real name. It can not be translated to a linear word. It represents a combination of sound and light which is my eternal identity.

The higher self is both genders, which we are also btw. We have had life expresions as a him and a her. The body remembers these lives as each one which is why it is always self destructive to demean any gender.

In my case I do not visualize the higher self's energy, I experiece it. I embrace that energies outlook on life and evolve my human perpespectives.

My effort is to give a hug to all that I am, my dark and light side equally.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 14-08-2018, 01:09 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

I actually found out I am a trance channeler medium on my own. I was just channeling Spirit and the words came out and I was like...woa. I am a what now? And it made sense after Spirit "left", My body felt different. i felt more in control again more like....less White Light was in me, I think I was channeling Reiki and it was talking through me. Yes, I channel Reiki. The very best idea to ever do any kind of reading or channeling work or even just intuitive work, is to listen through your third eye.

Also, do this RIGHT after doing this exercise:

Imagine a falling rainbow beam coming down from Heaven's surrounding you and your guest. And then wrap a clear color around the rainbow. And then sprinkle sparkles around it so taht the spirits can be channeled through! And then wrap a layer of God's White Light and Protection around the whole beam/cylinder you just made from Heavens to Earth and beneath you. And voila! You are perfect to read forever once you make it permanent with your wings! :) Ask your angels or main spirit guides to make them permanent. :) It works!
Old 06-09-2018, 12:19 AM
Ascender
Why are people so afraid of this? It id not possession. It is a cooperative choice to translate what comes through. You can cut them off to my understanding at will.
Old 13-01-2019, 03:34 PM
Newbie ;)

I agree with John

I agree with John:

“Hello,

I would encourage some thing more powerful and enjoyable than trance channeling. Foster a love bond with your higher self.

Know one knows more about anything than your higher self. If you can discover that the rest is easy.

John”

Your higher self will be able to guide you in such a way that will make you most comfortable and will teach you in a way that is best for your unique natural abilities. We all have abilities, your highest self is like your map and compass to help you navigate through your natural abilities to help you understand how to use your abilities in a safe way.
Old 13-01-2019, 03:51 PM
Newbie ;)

How to meet your “Highest Self”

Your highest self is your most power spiritual guide and is all knowing and all seeing, and your guide really wants to meet you and have you get to know each other. Your highest self will present itself to you in a way that makes you most comfortable.

There are many ways to meet your Highest self, one of the best ways is to first ask your spirit guide to help you meet him/her. Ask for their help, ask them to guide you, start communicating with your guide on a regular basis, tell him/her about your day, how you feel, tell them about your hopes and dreams.

Ask them to show you how to recognize them and how to work with them. Meeting your spirit guide and getting to know them is like you would a new friend at work or school, it takes time to build the relationship, but know it is a friendship that is based on trust, love, and respect.

Your spirit guide will only show you love, compassion and kindness, they will never be negative towards you, they will always try to lift you up spiritually, emotionally, they will always want to encourage you and help you on your spiritual journey.