Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-03-2012, 04:06 PM
iolite

Rome fell because it spread itself too far and wide. It tried to conquer all of Europe and had to fight to keep control. The Celts fought Rome and almost won. For more info read up on Queen Boadicea.

Then having to fight the mongols and the Huns, it was just too much for Rome and it eventually fell.

Too bad Hitler and Stalin didn't pay attention to history. Maybe WWII would never have happend if they had.
Old 20-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop
While I might agree that this is possible, it's all conjecture. One could also argue that without Rome accepting Christianity that the religion would have died out or at least wouldn't be as widespread as it is now.

I would tend to agree with you. Rome did Christianity a big service by accepting it. Christianity became centralised.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 20-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Mary Baker

There are many good books on the fall of Rome. Probably more well informed than this forum.
Old 20-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Joshua_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Rome was very powerful. It was 2000 years ago and it was very modern for its time. It was pro-active and taking humanity places it had never been before.....so why did it go into decline once it became Christian?

That seems rather suspicious to me. Like Christ *weakened" Rome.....like he brought it crashing down on purpose.

I don't trust Christ anymore.
There may be no relation between Rome decline and Christianity.

It looks to me that you are on kind of personal crusade against Christianity.
(I am a non-practicing Jew. Since I practice no religion, none is my favorite and none I resent more than others).
Old 20-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Joshua_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Baker
There are many good books on the fall of Rome. Probably more well informed than this forum.
You are correct, of course.
For some people forums are a place to pour their thought into.
Old 21-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I would tend to agree with you. Rome did Christianity a big service by accepting it. Christianity became centralised.
Rome did Christianity a service in the same sense that a virus invading a body does that body a service. It turned the Roman church into an earthly organization that used earthly means to achieve its goals.
Old 22-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Master
What caused ancient Rome to decline and fail, is the same thing as we are seeing today, not just in America, but worldwide.
As, the Earth is become the global community.
A.K.A, "The Beast", and, "Babylon".

The decline in morality, and faith, being the cause.

Which same heralds, today, the return of Christ, and the fulfillment of the last days prophesies, as we are seeing now.

The situation similar to what is written in Genesis, concerning, "The Tower of Babel".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-03-2012, 03:27 AM
Master
Honza:
Quote:
Rome was very powerful. It was 2000 years ago and it was very modern for its time. It was pro-active and taking humanity places it had never been before.....so why did it go into decline once it became Christian?

That seems rather suspicious to me. Like Christ *weakened" Rome.....like he brought it crashing down on purpose.

I don't trust Christ anymore.

"Be certain that your good works are not in vain.
Be forewarned that you are not as the harlot who goes ******* after the anti-christ; keeping yourself pure in heart, faithful to the one true Christ.

Then, Satan will be overthrown and bound, and tossed into the bottomless pit for a thousand years, the millennium;
that God in his infinite mercy and faithfulness to His children, who are all souls by Him created, may teach,
through Jesus Christ and His Elect, chosen from the beginning,
all the mysteries of His plan of salvation for His children, the earth, and all His creation."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 26-03-2012, 04:22 AM
Master
You could blame Christianity or "Churchianity" as the yogi Paramahansa Yogananda would call it on the Dark Ages.

The idea of a blood sacrifice to win over the souls of mankind and become a substituted atonement was just the beginning of the ignorance that would develop the Dark Ages.

The Church began attacking everything that was "Pagan". There was no running water, no baths, no one was clean because cleanliness was a Roman attribute, people starved, rats infested Europe because the Church killed the witches and majority of cats, which all resulted in the Plague. It was some really bad karma. Killing, bloodshed, rape, murder, and all sorts of horrors were at such an all time high that today is absolutely NOTHING!. People gasp at the high rates of murder, pedophilia, child slavery and such across the world but forget it could be 10 times worse if it was the Dark Ages which was developed due to the Roman Church and the Holy Roman Empire. I think the 1,700 year stretch between Christ's ascension and the American Revolutionary War is by far the worse time in human history. The irony of Christ's incarnation and the incoming storm of ignorance.

It makes perfect sense. Jesus must have known that if he was going to do this for us, take up his cross and show the way to oneness with God that it would have its negative effect. Everything that is a blessing has its curse. That is the nature of mankind and the Material World. Christ died in the finite world. Not the infinite. Thus his death had opened up the door for the possibility for souls to return to their own Divinity. But it was also twisted by Men who closed the door to intuition, reason, and one on one connection with God. Thus equaled the Dark Ages. Many Saints and Sages suffered in the Dark Ages but I think Christ dying and suffering was a symbol of hope for those who would suffer later that in the end all things are restored unto the soul even in a dark age.
Old 26-03-2012, 04:33 AM
Master
Sometimes when things die others grow from it.

Still water can become stagnant, but moving water can become a torrent.

God knows what he is doing!