Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 21-06-2019, 04:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Yes, it is very difficult for us to stay grounded...or rather, staying grounded is no problem, but getting to the position whereby we can get grounded in the first place is, but once the focus is there, either in art and design, playing an instrument etc, we could happily do so for 8-12 hours without a break.

The spiritual significance of Autism, is that it is natural for us to see minute detail, to see patterns and to understand our surroundings in a way that many simply cannot...which causes no end of frustration for us when we get told that we are just "imagining it" when we know there is a difference between another's brain which limits perception and ours, which does not and is thus attributed to "imagination".

In this way, we sort of have a "head start" on the whole spirituality trip.

Yes, I can see how you could have a head start, for instance in a meditation retreat, or just doing meditation at home. You could focus on one thing and you'd be better at it than most people. I think it's great that you've found such a useful and positive characteristic of autism, Shivani. I think this is what needs to happen more.. instead of seeing differences as 'curses' cause they don't fit some norm, it's good to recognize the advantages they may have elsewhere..

I find it interesting that there's far less people diagnosed in the non-Western countries. I think it's not just a matter of them not seeing 'the signs', it's more 'our' societies that are obsessed with structure and order. Same way we also put people with issues in clinics whereas in many poor countries those same people stay with their family and work the land, which has more healing than putting them in some house with other troubled souls. We usually don't do that, we put ''strange'' people in special places... people who are mentally different go there, people who get old go here, etc. We are obsessed with categories, structures, and order and it does more harm than good..

Old 21-06-2019, 06:54 PM
Pathfinder

Is it possible that because of the vastness of the autism spectrum and the potential of spiritual openness-connectedness a person can be born with or develop into. I believe it is possible that these factors could be related. How could it not be so, if both categories have too may broad and unexplained subdividing qualities like how much one or the other can adapt to society and the world outside to them. I think the OP has some great points and I am in support of the free thinking.

I also consider the likeness of these subjects not being related however in the midst of the interconnectedness who knows.

Keep on asking good questions SmilingSun.

Namaste :)