Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 29-06-2017, 03:45 PM
Master
I find if I ask Higher Self/Angels/Guides something too many times the answers will start getting wonky. For the most part I get to ask once and maybe ask again in a different way to verify, after that they just start giving me nonsense. Sort of like how an adult will start giving silly answers to a 2 year old who keeps asking the same question over and over again in order to preserve their own mood/sanity.

I also find that Spirit and I have different ideas sometimes. Spirit see's things from a higher perspective and see's interest, possible learning or experience in many things I'm (ego/mind) not necessarily interested in. So there's this discerning which needs to take place on my end.

When answers and suggestions start getting too strange it's my clue I'm dropping in frequency and falling out of alignment, increasing the amount of time spent in meditation closes this gap and moves us back into alignment again and then the advice and suggestions start making sense again and flow and ease of communication of guidance increases.
Old 29-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrygriz
I have a meditation technique using numbers and the non-dominant side of the brain that could really be an awesome journey. Equal parts spirit and science. All it really needs is for somebody to follow the instructions.

Could you share that on here, or PM me? It sounds interesting
Old 29-06-2017, 09:39 PM
Pathfinder
I would very much enjoy sharing. This meditation technique shows a person how to engage and immerse in to the non-dominant side of the brain. There are benefits with eyes open.. mental clarity and with eyes closed.. dream travel (for lack of a better word).

We first identify a person's dominant eye and then I teach steps one at a time designed to get their brain to do the opposite. We then work on scientific visualization exercises to shut up the inside voice, find deeper relaxation, pain control and overall spiritual well-being. These exercises can provide a uniform response for pretty much anybody if done correctly.

I think of it like a player piano where you insert a card or whatever and it plays your selection back. You'll sneak something in to your brain's machinery and it will play back a response.

I've had small successes with a bunch of people over the years. They all quit after the first couple steps and I don't think it is entirely because nothing happened.

Thanks

GG
Old 30-06-2017, 04:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologerbrian
I've been working with spirit guides since 2005 or so. At first called them angels but then after realizing I never actually noticed any particular difference with Archangel Michael or Metatron, etc. and reading about angels (or not) in one of Michael Newton's books I just started calling them spirit guides.

Lately however I've really been struggling with trusting my guides in particular with one issue, though more broadly just in general.

The main sticky issue is whether or not I want to incorporate moderate use of marijuana or alcohol in my life or not. I was at one point just being sober and thought I would eventually just stick to that for my life, assuming that is what my guides would suggest and healthy "spiritual" people do...
In general one does not need any 'substance' to allow access to their shadow side. It might just be part of your nature to use marijuana or other substance. Do it because it is you to do it, don't use the shadow side as an excuse/justification.

As to guides: they can not hold your hand the whole way to wholeness. At some point you need to walk on your own. Sometimes this means a harsh letting go and sometimes there is a more gentle transition. Guides can only say what they think from their perspective. Its YOU that creates your life (and then has to live it). Guides are only offering guidance, not affirming what you want to believe.
Old 30-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Master
Spot on advice Wstein.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Knower
Quote:

The main sticky issue is whether or not I want to incorporate moderate use of marijuana or alcohol in my life or not.

I came time and time again to the idea that some marijuana and alcohol use was right for me and actually just part of who I was.

I would get messages I attributed to guides ...

However, most times I smoke or drink there seems to be unintended/negative consequences,...

And now today I'm hearing from what I assume is my guides that it's true to just be sober..

So I'm just questioning everything right now and sick of dealing with this. Tired of consulting my 'guides' for everything and not really getting straight answers half the time.

Seems like it's better to just decide on my own and let the chips fall where they may.

Wondering if anyone else has gone through anything else like this?

So sick of disillusionment at this point..

Don't attribute the voice that wants a drink or a hit to your guides. It would love that, but that voice isn't a guide.

There are no negative consequences to being substance-free. Not one. The statement you made about this is as telling as it gets. The negative consequences of drinking and getting high don't get better. Ever. And if there's a message from your guides anywhere - it's probably right here. Negative consequences - that's what is being pointed out to you.

Here's the thing - people who don't have issues with substance use or abuse don't wonder about whether or not they should stop. It doesn't occur to them.

That this subject is an issue - is clearly a big deal in your life for you and this doesn't seem to be about your guides at all. You already know what to do - whether you want to or not.

On top of this - the subject isn't going to go away for you. Once it arrives - it stays. You can push it down and away - but it'll pop back up again and again more forcefully each time until it is respected.

Best.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMacro
Don't attribute the voice that wants a drink or a hit to your guides. It would love that, but that voice isn't a guide.

There are no negative consequences to being substance-free. Not one. The statement you made about this is as telling as it gets. The negative consequences of drinking and getting high don't get better. Ever. And if there's a message from your guides anywhere - it's probably right here. Negative consequences - that's what is being pointed out to you.

Here's the thing - people who don't have issues with substance use or abuse don't wonder about whether or not they should stop. It doesn't occur to them.

That this subject is an issue - is clearly a big deal in your life for you and this doesn't seem to be about your guides at all. You already know what to do - whether you want to or not.

On top of this - the subject isn't going to go away for you. Once it arrives - it stays. You can push it down and away - but it'll pop back up again and again more forcefully each time until it is respected.

Best.

Wonderful concise post.
Old 20-07-2017, 10:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Seems like it's better to just decide on my own and let the chips fall where they may.

Believing in yourself is the path of the age we have entered, guides is so last century (or yesterday as they would say in fashion).
Old 21-07-2017, 01:58 AM
Knower

Dear Astrologerbrian

Some text transcription from the SpiritĀ“s Book from Allan Kardec (you can freely download in the internet pdf file.

495. Does a spirit-protector sometimes abandon his ward when the latter persists in neglecting his counsels?
"He withdraws from him when he sees that his counsels are useless, and that there is a stubborn determination to yield to the influence of inferior spirits; but he does not abandon him entirely, and continues to make himself heard. It is not the spirit who quits the man, but the man who closes his ears against the spirit. As soon as the man calls him back, the spirit returns to him.
"If there be a doctrine that should win over the most incredulous by its charm and its beauty, it is that of the existence of spirit-protectors, or guardian-angels. To think that you have always near you beings who are superior to you, and who are always beside you to counsel you, to sustain you, to aid you in climbing the steep ascent of self-improvement, whose friendship is truer and more devoted than the most intimate union that you can contract upon
the earth-is not such an idea most consoling ? Those beings are near you by the command of God. It is He who has placed them beside you. They are there for love of Him, and they fulfil towards you a noble but laborious mission. They are with you wherever you may be; in the dungeon, in solitude, in the lazar-house, even in the haunts of debauchery. Nothing ever separates you from the friend whom you cannot see, hut whose gentle impulsions are felt, and whose wise monitions are heard, in the innermost recesses of your heart.
"Would that you were more fully impressed with this truth! How often would it aid you in your moments of need! How often would it save you from the snares of evil spirits! But, at the great day of account, how often will your guardian-angel have to say to you, 'Did I not urge you, and yet you would not follow my leading? Did I not show you the abyss, and yet you persisted in throwing yourself into it? Did I not cause your con-science to hear the voice
of truth, and have you not followed lying counsels?’ Question your guardian-angels; establish between yourselves and them the affectionate intimacy which exists between tried and loving friends. Do not think to hide anything from them, for they are the eye of God, and you cannot deceive them. Think of the future; seek to advance on the upward road: your trials will be shorter, your existences happier. Men, take courage! Cast far from you all prejudices and mental reservations; enter resolutely upon the new road that opens before you! You have guides; follow them. Your goal cannot fail you, for that goal is God Himself.
"To those who may think it impossible that spirits of high degree should bind themselves to a task so laborious and demanding so much patience on their part, we reply, that we influence your souls while at many millions of leagues from you. To us, space is nothing; and, while living in another world, our spirits preserve their connection with yours. We possess qualities of which you can form no idea; but be sure that God has not imposed upon us a task above
our strength, and that He has not abandoned you upon the earth without friends and without support. Every guardian-angel has his ward, over whom he watches as a father watches over his child: he rejoices when he sees him following the right road; he mourns when his counsels are neglected.
"Do not fear to weary us with your questions. Remain, on the contrary, always in connection with us: you will thus be stronger and happier. It is this communication between each man and his familiar spirit that will eventually make all men mediums, and drive out incredulity from your world. You who have received instruction, instruct in your turn: you who are possessed of talents, raise your brethren. You know not how great a work you accomplish by so doing; it is the work of Christ, the work imposed on you by God. Why has God given you intelligence and knowledge, if not to share them with your brethren, to aid them to advance on the road that leads to eternal felicity?"

About use of alchool ando ther things, is not recomended since they will interfere in mediumship and also will attract inferior spirits.

I am also not afirming those spirits you connect frequently are your real spirit guide.

You can check in the same book questions 100 to 106 and compare with your own experience.

Another help is The MediunĀ“s Book also from Allan Kardec (also can freely download) chapter XXIII, entire chapter

Good study!
Old 21-07-2017, 01:58 AM
Knower

sorry doble posted...