Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 09-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Master
Don't want to eat sugar any more?

So I've been having a hard time of it in the last week or two, facing a lot of buried trauma; it's been really tough but I feel like I'm over the worst of it now, and my energy's starting to really free up. What I've noticed in the past few days is that I have no desire to eat sugary foods or drinks (I had a piece of cheesecake in the fridge and it made me feel slightly queasy just looking at it). This seems like a positive development, I'm just curious as to exactly why it's happened, and what it signifies?
Old 10-02-2017, 03:16 AM
Master
What ever the reason.....its a good thing.

Sugar is poison to the metabolism and has actaully been found to speed up cellular aging...

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 10-02-2017, 10:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
What ever the reason.....its a good thing.

Sugar is poison to the metabolism and has actaully been found to speed up cellular aging...
Blimey, is that right? Good job I don't have the appetite for it any more, in that case!
Old 10-02-2017, 04:23 PM
Master
What happens is the body is always telling us what it needs. But we don't usually hear, because we're too busy shoveling whatever into our mouths. When you start refining your diet, you start tuning into what the body is saying to you. It's like filtering out all background noise in a bad recording, until the words of the conversation become clear.

I went through about seven stages of this over the past 15 years. Removing one thing at a time from my diet. And then my body would tell me after a time that dairy, or bread, or sugar, wasn't working for me anymore. And so I would remove that next. And so on and so forth. It happens that the body knows, before you realize it. Like it's already let go of its sugar habit. And then you realize you no longer have a craving for sugar. It's a very organic process, in a very real way.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:20 PM
Master
Specific example: Ten years ago I had whittled down my diet to mostly whole foods, plus dairy, bread, grains, and a few healthy processed foods items like protein powder. One thing I still loved -- craved -- was pizza with mushrooms and olives. After a time I noticed whenever I ate pizza, I always had a stomach ache after. So I started researching food allergies thinking that might be it. As time went on, I went from stomach aches to feeling sick to my stomach. That's when I knew it was time to do something.

So I stopped eating diary, thinking that's what was making me ill. Which meant no pizza. But the moment I decided to stop eating pizza, I realized I actually had lost my taste for pizza. And that I had just been eating pizza out of habit. I used to crave it, but now I didn't miss it at all. My body had already grow tired of it and rejected it, long before I made the conscious decision. And it wasn't allergies, because I did eat dairy and bread for a couple years after that, until I dropped them completely. It was just my body, telling me "That's it, done, something healthier please!"
Old 10-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
What happens is the body is always telling us what it needs. But we don't usually hear, because we're too busy shoveling whatever into our mouths. When you start refining your diet, you start tuning into what the body is saying to you. It's like filtering out all background noise in a bad recording, until the words of the conversation become clear.

I went through about seven stages of this over the past 15 years. Removing one thing at a time from my diet. And then my body would tell me after a time that dairy, or bread, or sugar, wasn't working for me anymore. And so I would remove that next. And so on and so forth. It happens that the body knows, before you realize it. Like it's already let go of its sugar habit. And then you realize you no longer have a craving for sugar. It's a very organic process, in a very real way.
Ahh ok, that makes sense - what with all the turmoil I've been experiencing in the past week or two, I've had to be much more conscious in my body in order that I minimise my suffering (otherwise I think I might actually have lost my mind). So now I'm much more in tune with my body, and certain foods simply do not appeal to me any more - sugar, caffeine, cereal. I actually lost my appetite for those things quite a while ago, but I continued to eat them out of habit just as you say!
Old 10-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Specific example: Ten years ago I had whittled down my diet to mostly whole foods, plus dairy, bread, grains, and a few healthy processed foods items like protein powder. One thing I still loved -- craved -- was pizza with mushrooms and olives. After a time I noticed whenever I ate pizza, I always had a stomach ache after. So I started researching food allergies thinking that might be it. As time went on, I went from stomach aches to feeling sick to my stomach. That's when I knew it was time to do something.

So I stopped eating diary, thinking that's what was making me ill. Which meant no pizza. But the moment I decided to stop eating pizza, I realized I actually had lost my taste for pizza. And that I had just been eating pizza out of habit. I used to crave it, but now I didn't miss it at all. My body had already grow tired of it and rejected it, long before I made the conscious decision. And it wasn't allergies, because I did eat dairy and bread for a couple years after that, until I dropped them completely. It was just my body, telling me "That's it, done, something healthier please!"
Funnily enough, though, I've found I'm craving cheese on toast, and actually I've had a couple of periods in the recent past when that's been the case, too... not sure why that is. I wonder if it's related to the fact that I haven't been sleeping very well the past few nights due to all the freed-up energy (getting 3-4 hours - last night I only managed two, woke up at three and knew I wasn't getting back to sleep, but I've had a couple of periods like this before so I'm not too concerned about it).
Old 14-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Master
Since reading this thread, I've watched 3 videos on sugar and what it does. So it's actually about more than what I talked about. Sugar is described in one video as 8 times more addictive than hard drugs. So it stands to reason that when you stop eating sugar, you return to a natural state where you feel alive without it. You are healthy again and back in control, and realize you actually have no desire at all for it, no wish to return to feeling ill and being hooked on it. That's what happened to me when I quit smoking, same epiphany. It was like, "I'm feeling fantastic now, the thought of lighting up a cigarette makes me sick, and there is NO WAY I'm ever going back to smoking."
Old 16-02-2017, 10:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Since reading this thread, I've watched 3 videos on sugar and what it does. So it's actually about more than what I talked about. Sugar is described in one video as 8 times more addictive than hard drugs. So it stands to reason that when you stop eating sugar, you return to a natural state where you feel alive without it. You are healthy again and back in control, and realize you actually have no desire at all for it, no wish to return to feeling ill and being hooked on it. That's what happened to me when I quit smoking, same epiphany. It was like, "I'm feeling fantastic now, the thought of lighting up a cigarette makes me sick, and there is NO WAY I'm ever going back to smoking."
Holy frack, you're kidding me? I knew it was addictive, but not that addictive, crikey... But yeah, in light of that it does make sense that you wouldn't want to continue eating it when you return to your natural state.

I'm a light smoker, too, and I know I've sparked up a cigarette in the past, took a couple of drags, and thought, 'Ugh, I'm not enjoying this at all!' It does make sense that the more in tune with your body are, the less inclined you are to ingest poisonous substances.
Old 21-02-2017, 11:41 AM
Master
Other thing I've noticed is, I've had a near-constant cold for the last 18 months or so, but I've been completely free of it in the last couple of weeks! Always been a bit sniffly, had mild respiratory problems for a long time, but my airways feel completely clear atm. So I think it shows how clearing energetic blockages can have a really positive effect on your immune system and general health