Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-10-2017, 03:52 AM
Administrator
Yes i believe all children are born innocent,it is what they see and feel as they grow that determin how they will turn out

Namaste
Old 15-10-2017, 11:09 AM
Deactivated Account
In truth, and i mean the Truth of God and not what Humans believe to be true, - Everyone is innocent. (including Hitler :p )

This is simple fact.

People just have troubles in believing this, because of their own Ego involvement, which commands them to believe in past.
And if they do not know who they are, they will make the past real for them.

And yet, it is easy to let God correct it.
Old 15-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Lorelyen

As usual it's a problem with words and definitions.

Innocent and guilty/sinful are constructs signified by behaviours tied to a culture just as incarnation is. You can’t divorce acts of innocence and guilt from the culture it’s observed in. So take any child and analyse its behaviour against various cultures with an anthropological impartiality and you’ll find a behaviour innocent in one and sinful in another.

Adults decide what’s innocent and not to suit their agendas that can change over time. Until children become self-aware the question is meaningless no matter how you look at it.

Until then what seems to be is purely adult imagination probably built on emotion.
Old 15-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Suspended
Maybe it's not a matter of culture and up bringing but a matter of empathy, this is a human being trait.

For example if a child was brought up in a culture where it was the norm to throw people to the lions every weekend to make there villages "gods" happy, but that child saw the pain an suffering it caused his fellow humans and then turned against those ways or didn't like them.
Old 16-10-2017, 12:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I see pretty much everyone including both religious and non-religious people expressing the common ''belief'' that children are innocent and pure. But I don't think there is really truth to this. Why? Because I don't have the feeling I've ever been pure and innocent myself. I remember being a three years old toddler and being extremely violent, fighting both my parents and other children and hurting them sometimes for no apparent reason other than joy. As I grew older, I displayed sadistic tendencies far more than other children, and would often torture dolls and humanoid toys with knives and scissors etc. And I actually enjoyed fighting at school as a kid. Fortunately, this all decreased drastically as I grew older over time and I haven't fought again since I was 15 years old. Today I detest every form of violence, although I still have a sadistic sense of humor but that's not the point. Perhaps some children who experience life for the first time are truly pure and innocent while other children who've had not so happy past lives still retain some of their original personality? I'm not really a firm believer in reincarnation and past lives myself but it still makes me wonder if it could be related.

If you had perfect parents but showed these characteristics then I would be worried. I have a feeling that your parents are as flawed as the rest of us though.

I can kind of relate to you. I remember pain and anger from 4-5 range. However I've come to believe that was because my parents were constantly fighting, even when I was still in the womb. Before I was even born I already knew how to fight and hate.
Old 16-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
If you had perfect parents but showed these characteristics then I would be worried. I have a feeling that your parents are as flawed as the rest of us though.

I can kind of relate to you. I remember pain and anger from 4-5 range. However I've come to believe that was because my parents were constantly fighting, even when I was still in the womb. Before I was even born I already knew how to fight and hate.

It had nothing to do with my parents... The only explanation I have for myself is that I must've been a damned nazi or something like that in a past life and brought some of my former traits into this current life. I generally don't really believe in reincarnation but in this case it makes the most sense.
Old 16-10-2017, 11:56 AM
Kioma

I think it doesn't matter if children are born innocent or not, because realistically we just don't know.

In purely pragmatic terms we have no choice but to take each person we meet, no matter their age, at face value until we gain a little knowledge and perspective about them. We should always make our decisions accordingly, on what we know and observe, not on what we think might be the case.

The universe loves variety - I sincerely doubt there is any one cause of anything anyway. We can hypothesize all we want, but in the end there is never any substitute for the application of intelligence and awareness. In the end it's not really about what might or might not motivate others, but about our own capabilities and limitations as human beings.

We have no control over the former, but we do over the latter.

Old 16-10-2017, 03:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar

I have felt this and ........
Old 16-10-2017, 03:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
It had nothing to do with my parents... The only explanation I have for myself is that I must've been a damned nazi or something like that in a past life and brought some of my former traits into this current life. I generally don't really believe in reincarnation but in this case it makes the most sense.

I have felt this to. So which is true.
Old 16-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
I think it doesn't matter if children are born innocent or not, because realistically we just don't know.

The universe loves variety - I sincerely doubt there is any one cause of anything anyway. We can hypothesize all we want, but in the end there is never any substitute for the application of intelligence and awareness. In the end it's not really about what might or might not motivate others, but about our own capabilities and limitations as human beings.

We have no control over the former, but we do over the latter.

Not sure I agree, an example. Take a person who was abused when growing up and falls into a pattern of anger and negativity. Is there a connection? There shouldn't be but is there? IMO we do motive and teach. I'm not sure why people don't see this, I guess because we feel we aren't teachers and in many ways feel in this, you weren't suppose to do this, you weren't suppose to take it in, it was never intended to be that. Is it like being an empath what it feels like what an empath goes through in a way. Serious subject imo.

So we focus on the child but should the focus be the adult who teaches without. If I told you the reason I was angry or negative would you listen or would say no. that's isn't what I was thinking? I merely mention this because my experience shows me a connection exists. Is this the adult speaking or the child. The adult finally speaks where the child will not.