Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 27-12-2016, 11:35 PM
Deactivated Account
New zodiac chart

So I read a few years ago that they're adding a new signOphiuchus: Nov. 29 to Dec. 17. It said that it only applied to children born after 2000(I can't remember the exact year) . I just googled it again and it said that every one has a new zodiac sign? I was Taurus Gemini (may 21) and supposedly I'm just Taurus?
Thoughts on this and clarification Lol cuz I like me being a cusp!
Old 30-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Master
What????

That is not true. It is a constellation.

In Western astrology the signs are divided into 12 equal segments and it based on cycle of sun throughout the year. Aries is the first sign of the zodiac and it begins on the spring equinox. Each sign consists of 30 degrees.

There is such a thing as sidereal astrology that is based on the constellations. I don't prefer that because it isn't right in my opinion. I want to be the sign that I am. I know that is correct. I want my chart to look right.

I do Western astrology and I prefer that method. It is what we are familiar with from the horoscopes in the newspaper. That is what they use.

I have no idea how something such as that could only apply to children born after the year 2000...Either something is or isn't so. It isn't so only for new people.

Western astrology works if that is what you practice. Sidereal astrology, or vedic astrology also works. It is just a different system with consistent rules. I dont think you can go around scrambling the different systems.

If you look further, you will see that many sites would clarify the misunderstanding about Ophiuchus...Even Wikipedia explains it.
Old 31-12-2016, 07:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for explaining! My friend just reminded me of it so I thought I'd ask here. That's what I thought. They can't just add a new one after all this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
What????

That is not true. It is a constellation.

In Western astrology the signs are divided into 12 equal segments and it based on cycle of sun throughout the year. Aries is the first sign of the zodiac and it begins on the spring equinox. Each sign consists of 30 degrees.

There is such a thing as sidereal astrology that is based on the constellations. I don't prefer that because it isn't right in my opinion. I want to be the sign that I am. I know that is correct. I want my chart to look right.

I do Western astrology and I prefer that method. It is what we are familiar with from the horoscopes in the newspaper. That is what they use.

I have no idea how something such as that could only apply to children born after the year 2000...Either something is or isn't so. It isn't so only for new people.

Western astrology works if that is what you practice. Sidereal astrology, or vedic astrology also works. It is just a different system with consistent rules. I dont think you can go around scrambling the different systems.

If you look further, you will see that many sites would clarify the misunderstanding about Ophiuchus...Even Wikipedia explains it.
Old 31-12-2016, 08:06 AM
Master
You are welcome. It is commonly misunderstood and for a good reason.

A person could use the ophiuchus system, or consider that, or include it, but it isn't going to change your sun sign.
Old 31-12-2016, 06:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
You are welcome. It is commonly misunderstood and for a good reason.

A person could use the ophiuchus system, or consider that, or include it, but it isn't going to change your sun sign.

Ditto to everything Rozie wrote.

This happens once or twice a year that a news source posts about how Ophiuchus is a new 13th sign and it confuses all the newbies and newspaper-horoscope followers.

:)