Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 20-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Knower

Retrogrades and Aspects to Natal

What does it mean when retrograding planet is in trine with a natal planet?

Mercury started retrograde for me in the 8th house, with a trine to my Jupiter, a conjunct to my Neptune, and a conjunct to my Uranus.

Also, when looking at how a retrograde planet will affect you personally, is it only the aspects it makes initially that matter, or does its movement through your chart signify the move of energies to different areas in different ways too?

I'm thinking the latter personally, but I don't know.
Old 21-12-2016, 05:21 AM
Master
I thought it was just the aspect itself that mattered, but the focus is on that area of your chart for a longer period of time, and triggering your natal planets 3 times potentially. Mercury is a neutral planet and I would think of it as a switch to activate my planets.. That is how I would view it.

Someone might be more interested in that nuance, but I am not, so I don't know more then that.
Old 21-12-2016, 06:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanm1192

Mercury started retrograde for me in the 8th house, with a trine to my Jupiter, a conjunct to my Neptune, and a conjunct to my Uranus.

Also, when looking at how a retrograde planet will affect you personally, is it only the aspects it makes initially that matter, or does its movement through your chart signify the move of energies to different areas in different ways too?

I feel if you think of this in a spiritual context everything affects everything on some level, so this will be impacted according to the move of energies in the entire chart. It will depend on the surrounding planets, some will be potentially less affected than others, and others will remain neutral.
If a house is empty it does not mean it does not have an importance in your life, it might mean there are other things more in focus for you here.
So yes the aspect in itself might be more important, but this might impact other areas in your life too. It is only natural that the energies of all the planets move and relate to each other. The aspect might be of prime focus, but there will be a co relation of this to other elements/ planets in your chart. Some areas might be more in focus and others not so much. We cannot rule out and isolate one thing or we might be missing out on the bigger picture.
This might also depend on the type of chart though, planetary patterns, for example if all the planets are equally distributed in each of the house of the chart, like the splash, then there will be more movement in the entire chart, than if the planets are only isolated in one corner of the chart.
Old 21-12-2016, 04:31 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanm1192

I need further clarification because I can't tell what your question is.

Are you asking about transiting retrograde Mercury (which is currently in your 8th natal house), or do you have Mercury retrograde in your natal chart (in the 8th)?

I think you are referring to transiting Mercury retrograde... but since transiting Mercury is retrograde communication mishaps are everywhere so I wanted to be sure I know your meaning. :)

In my own research Mercury retrograde effects tend to be completely cliche. In example, my sister got married (legal contract, ruled by Mercury) when Mercury was retrograde (I warned her to pick a different date!) and she had difficulty in the ceremony getting her lines out. She wanted to get married, but her tongue stopped working when it was her turn to speak. She also had issues with her marriage license getting lost and having to redo it.

So cliche!!!

I have never witnessed many effects from inner transiting planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus) conjunct, trine or square outer planets (Jupiter on out). I know that some astrology sources list interpretations for those transits so I assume other people have noticed them, but I never have. (I only notice effects of the opposite, transiting outer planets aspecting inner natal planets, but I digress.)

Based on all that I will only comment on transiting retrograde Mercury through your 8th house, because that is all I have noticed effects from in my life and research.

Therefore apply all the "re" words: redo, rethink, reassess, etc., (All the words used by astrologers to describe retrograde motion of planets.) and apply those to all the things Mercury rules like communication, thinking, electronics, the Internet (and etc.) and apply those to 8th house themes of death, taxes, sex, joint assets, psychological processes (and etc.).

So for example: You may want to spend more introspection time into psychology or things that are hidden, or redo your will, or revamp your shared finances.

Mercury retrograde isn't a time for doing new things, it is a time for reworking/rethinking your current things in the areas of your life that reflect the natal house(s) Mercury is moving through.

I hope that helps. :)
Old 21-12-2016, 09:13 PM
Deactivated Account
Some astrologers claim retrograde planets are realated to karmic isues.

Last edited by Errol : 22-12-2016 at 01:22 AM.
Old 23-12-2016, 02:43 AM
Master
This is a transiting retrograde. I personally don't believe everything I read.

I don't believe in karma in the same way as others do. I don't believe in past lives in the same way. I can relate to the concept in a different way.

I believe in destiny, so everything is fated and written in the stars. What is special about an aspect that is 'karmic', when everything is?

Does it relate strongly to your life mission? That is how I would relate to the concept of karma...
Old 23-12-2016, 06:53 PM
Deactivated Account
I believe in karma, based on my experiences. But, destiny concept fits in quite well.
Transiting retrograde planets affect us all, usually in not so ego pleasant way, to go through the same things as we did before. It's a sort of collective past lives regression. Each individual will face things that were very important to him/her in previous life/lives, and still holds to them, but don't serve them any more in a beneficial way.
Old 24-12-2016, 02:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errol
I believe in karma, based on my experiences. But, destiny concept fits in quite well.
Transiting retrograde planets affect us all, usually in not so ego pleasant way, to go through the same things as we did before. It's a sort of collective past lives regression. Each individual will face things that were very important to him/her in previous life/lives, and still holds to them, but don't serve them any more in a beneficial way.

Well said ! I believe in Karma as well. Some residual energies of the past might remain that might or might not serve our highest path. Then there might also be newer lessons to master. I also believe in free will, so our inner learnings and expansion might not be fixed. Our outside circumstances can be overcome just through power of will. Apart from that yes residual energies do carry over in our present as well. So I believe there is Karma. What we give out comes back to us, what we invest in , we create.
Old 24-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelic star
I feel if you think of this in a spiritual context everything affects everything on some level, so this will be impacted according to the move of energies in the entire chart. It will depend on the surrounding planets, some will be potentially less affected than others, and others will remain neutral.
If a house is empty it does not mean it does not have an importance in your life, it might mean there are other things more in focus for you here.
So yes the aspect in itself might be more important, but this might impact other areas in your life too. It is only natural that the energies of all the planets move and relate to each other. The aspect might be of prime focus, but there will be a co relation of this to other elements/ planets in your chart. Some areas might be more in focus and others not so much. We cannot rule out and isolate one thing or we might be missing out on the bigger picture.
This might also depend on the type of chart though, planetary patterns, for example if all the planets are equally distributed in each of the house of the chart, like the splash, then there will be more movement in the entire chart, than if the planets are only isolated in one corner of the chart.

That makes a lot of sense. This is all new to me, so it is easier to kinda focus on bits and pieces rather than try and take in the whole thing.I suppose I would still need to understands the components though before understanding how they would interact?
Old 24-12-2016, 09:44 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriesIntrovert
I need further clarification because I can't tell what your question is.

Are you asking about transiting retrograde Mercury (which is currently in your 8th natal house), or do you have Mercury retrograde in your natal chart (in the 8th)?

I think you are referring to transiting Mercury retrograde... but since transiting Mercury is retrograde communication mishaps are everywhere so I wanted to be sure I know your meaning. :)

In my own research Mercury retrograde effects tend to be completely cliche. In example, my sister got married (legal contract, ruled by Mercury) when Mercury was retrograde (I warned her to pick a different date!) and she had difficulty in the ceremony getting her lines out. She wanted to get married, but her tongue stopped working when it was her turn to speak. She also had issues with her marriage license getting lost and having to redo it.

So cliche!!!

I have never witnessed many effects from inner transiting planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus) conjunct, trine or square outer planets (Jupiter on out). I know that some astrology sources list interpretations for those transits so I assume other people have noticed them, but I never have. (I only notice effects of the opposite, transiting outer planets aspecting inner natal planets, but I digress.)

Based on all that I will only comment on transiting retrograde Mercury through your 8th house, because that is all I have noticed effects from in my life and research.

Therefore apply all the "re" words: redo, rethink, reassess, etc., (All the words used by astrologers to describe retrograde motion of planets.) and apply those to all the things Mercury rules like communication, thinking, electronics, the Internet (and etc.) and apply those to 8th house themes of death, taxes, sex, joint assets, psychological processes (and etc.).

So for example: You may want to spend more introspection time into psychology or things that are hidden, or redo your will, or revamp your shared finances.

Mercury retrograde isn't a time for doing new things, it is a time for reworking/rethinking your current things in the areas of your life that reflect the natal house(s) Mercury is moving through.

I hope that helps. :)

I was talking about transiting. It's helpful, thank you!