Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 07-10-2016, 01:55 AM
Experiencer
Question Could I be an old soul?

I have been questioning many things since I've awakened 3 years ago. Some things make sense and others I am still searching for answers through reading. I am starting to think I could possibly be an old soul but am uncertain. I am very happy go lucky and friendly to most all people, I despise conformity to political or social norms and always think outside the box. Although I do use a computer, enjoy television etc... the empathic side of me finds I can no longer handle most of the crude and desensitized material that comes on television once 8 oclock comes around. I prefer face to face service rather than automation in, most people find me "not with the times" in some of the choices I make such as....I don't use Atm machines, electively I have chosen a phone plan that does not have texting (almost lost a few friends over that cause they assume everyone has it), and I general don't like how society pushes everyone along to swim with the salmon upstream if you understand what I mean. If most of the generation bobble heads zig....I choose to zag. I'm very eccentric in my beliefs and very old school and wish our way of life could go back to the way things were about 30 years ago.

My empathic side can no longer handle absorbing the news casts because it affects me profoundly when bad things are seen. My health suffers for it. I can't understand how so many people wish to hurt others it is perplexing at the very least and deeply saddening. I enjoy helping others and tend to make others laugh easily which is good for my soul as well. I am generally a likeable person I've been told many times. But a deep part of me inside feels like a square peg trying to fit into a round hole by being trapped in this society. The "me" first mentality really gets to me out there in the world ...I just don't get that and it has gotten worse over time like it should be the accepted norm. I honestly feel in my heart as though I could be an old soul and in a good way I know I stand out because of my thinking even though others feel I should "get with the times". I just choose not to swim with the salmon upstream. I feel I would be perfectly comfortable living back in the pioneer days when there was no technology and people actually treated each other well and said hello verbally rather than texting or tweeting it. I feel proud of these traits I have and have a firm resolve in what is right versus what is wrong. Does anyone else feel this way? Or feel sort of off to the direction society is going like I do?
Old 07-10-2016, 03:13 AM
Master
Its possible and I can not tell for sure.

However, most old souls seem to sense it early in life (<5 years old). They don't generally talk in terms details like news and electronics, those little details generally don't affect them much. They have seen and dealt with that kind of stuff many times before. They generally don't talk in terms of years or generations, but in terms of multiples of lifetimes.

What you describe is more in line with being an empath, a sensitive, a crystal/indigo/star child (you can read about all of those on different parts of this forum).
Old 07-10-2016, 06:01 AM
Newbie ;)

Disconnect yourself from the tv. TV content today is more destructive and only causes you to be negative and miserable.
Old 07-10-2016, 11:04 PM
Experiencer

In Buddhism we are all Old souls. We have been reincarnating since beginningless time.
Old 19-12-2016, 09:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
In Buddhism we are all Old souls. We have been reincarnating since beginningless time.

aye, this matches my beliefs. Different forms and different proportions, but same thing. Does a different proportion make something a different thing? Now we are in the realm of beliefs. I don't think it does, but some do, so for them there is different things in the universe, for me there is one thing but different proportions.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:56 AM
Pathfinder
Hi Spirit Bird, I can relate to your post as I often feel the same way you do. I also believe I'm an empath so as WStein mentioned, there might be a connection there. The news drains me and I find that spending time outside with nature really centers me.

Don't ever let others make you feel bad for being different. I know it can be rough at times but remember, you are not alone! :)
Old 19-12-2016, 06:00 AM
Experiencer
I'm definately an antiquated old soul and I think you are too,I use to wear antique clothes and really am pretty immersed in history.
Old 20-12-2016, 11:24 AM
Suspended
Knower

Our spirit is non-physical and immortal which incarnates again and again to complete its life cycle and attain moksha.
Old 25-12-2016, 10:57 PM
Newbie ;)

I feel the same as you when it comes to news and how we treat each other.
i have never felt a need to read/look at the news but a few friends want to talk about that stuff now, need to find a way to talk about other thing.
Old 27-12-2016, 02:26 PM
Master
I could have wrote what you wrote...although I don't know if I had an awakening or not. I've never felt like I fit in with this world, even as a kid. I did my own thing...never considered myself an empath but I knew I was way too sensitive for my own good. Any kind of cruelty sent me spiraling. I remember neighborhood boys took bird's nest with baby birds from a tree and put it in a garage...I was heartbroken and snuck in and took it out and tried unsuccessfully to save them and the grief I felt was almost unbearable. I seemed to feel the pain of everything. If I saw someone afflicted with something, I grieved. It wasn't the best way to live feeling all this and it never got better...on the other end, every day is like a new day. My ex boyfriend used to love this aspect about me and that was how the beauty I did see in the world impacted me so much, filled me with such joy I would be in tears (if not out and out sobbing)...and I felt sheer bliss.

I cannot do social media...I often wish life did not evolve to this point of people living on social media, cell phones, computers...there are advantages to cell phones and computers but people get addicted to them too and cannot seem to step away from them. I've got a cell phone with no frills because I don't want it but albeit I wish I had one at times to look up a location or hours of a restaurant, lol. I come to this forum and that's it. I don't want a list of them to waste my time at. I find absolutely nothing good about social medias. why do we need to plaster our lives out there for everyone? Who cares?

I've always felt like I was an old soul and recognized this when I was a child and especially by a moment I had at one point and I was very much aware of my thoughts and feelings. I was 3 or 4 but I was thinking like someone old and wise...I thought and was aware that I was thinking these thoughts in a child's body and that blew me away for an instant but I never forgot that.

Anyway, today's my birthday and I'm no spring chicken and I still feel like I'm a misfit in this world. I don't feel old or young ...I said one day to someone that I was running one day and heard a sound and turned to look back and in that instance I saw me as a 17 year old... it was weird because I don't even know how I could see myself or why I even would see that...I was looking towards the sound I heard but instead saw me as if I briefly went somewhere else... Anyway it was like I was ageless...not old, not young, I just was.