Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Master

Anthony DeMello....great teacher

Years ago I was introduced to Anthony DeMello and it really piqued my interest in all things spiritual. He had a very direct way of speaking which was both logical and revelatory. Two websites to give you a glimpse into some of his thoughts.

The first is very short, just to give you an introduction:

http://www.sobermystic.com/pb/wp_66a1bb2b.html

The second is a little more extended

http://www.demellospirituality.com/awareness/33.html
Old 21-01-2017, 06:30 PM
Master

another one by DeMello:

http://www.demellospirituality.com/awareness/36.html

the online group I was in posted one chapter of his book, _Awareness_ about every 4 or 5 days and invited discussion......it was very helpful
Old 21-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Master

A snippet:

Somebody came up to me with a question. What do you think the question was? He asked me, "Are you enlightened?" What do you think my answer was? What does it matter!*

You want a better answer? My answer would be: "How would I know? How would you know? What does it matter?" You know something? If you want anything too badly, you're in big trouble. You know something else? If I were enlightened and you listened to me because I was enlightened, then you're in big trouble. Are you ready to be brainwashed by someone who's enlightened? You can be brainwashed by anybody, you know. What does it matter whether someone's enlightened or not? But see, we want to lean on someone, don't we? We want to lean on anybody we think has arrived. We love to hear that people have arrived. It gives us hope, doesn't it? What do you want to hope for? Isn't that another form of desire?*

You want to hope for something better than what you have right now, don't you? Otherwise you wouldn't be hoping. But then, you forget that you have it all right now anyway, and you don't know it. Why not concentrate on the now instead of hoping for better times in the future? Why not understand the now instead of forgetting it and hoping for the future? Isn't the future just another trap? (from DeMello)
Old 21-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
A snippet:

Somebody came up to me with a question. What do you think the question was? He asked me, "Are you enlightened?" What do you think my answer was? What does it matter!*

You want a better answer? My answer would be: "How would I know? How would you know? What does it matter?" You know something? If you want anything too badly, you're in big trouble. You know something else? If I were enlightened and you listened to me because I was enlightened, then you're in big trouble. Are you ready to be brainwashed by someone who's enlightened? You can be brainwashed by anybody, you know. What does it matter whether someone's enlightened or not? But see, we want to lean on someone, don't we? We want to lean on anybody we think has arrived. We love to hear that people have arrived. It gives us hope, doesn't it? What do you want to hope for? Isn't that another form of desire?*

You want to hope for something better than what you have right now, don't you? Otherwise you wouldn't be hoping. But then, you forget that you have it all right now anyway, and you don't know it. Why not concentrate on the now instead of hoping for better times in the future? Why not understand the now instead of forgetting it and hoping for the future? Isn't the future just another trap? (from DeMello)

I was going to write this before this comment. But I don't trust anyone who sells answer especially not spirituality (this includes people like Deepok Chopra). Knowing what I know, I give it away for free and so does everyone in my humble community. When anyone says, "I have the answer and it is for sale as seen on TV," I know their energy is so weak the money means more than any energy they can tap into; if they could tap into the miracles and the energy they genuinely wouldn't need the money.

Then I read this comment and it's either poetic irony or just blatant hypocrisy. "Let me create multiple sites and multiple books to teach you not to listen to me, but listen to me first so that you can learn not to listen to me and please, pay your tithe." That post of writing was free and he convinced me so much, yah, I will not listen to him. No money lost on my end.

That's the weirdness of this new forum with people taking over accounts what you (universal you) have to think about is why do they not come back here anymore? They transcended, they aren't here to come back. That is the beauty of it.
Old 21-01-2017, 10:09 PM
I have not heard A DeMello's name in years....good !

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-01-2017, 11:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme1981
I was going to write this before this comment. But I don't trust anyone who sells answer especially not spirituality (this includes people like Deepok Chopra). Knowing what I know, I give it away for free and so does everyone in my humble community. When anyone says, "I have the answer and it is for sale as seen on TV," I know their energy is so weak the money means more than any energy they can tap into; if they could tap into the miracles and the energy they genuinely wouldn't need the money.

Then I read this comment and it's either poetic irony or just blatant hypocrisy. "Let me create multiple sites and multiple books to teach you not to listen to me, but listen to me first so that you can learn not to listen to me and please, pay your tithe." That post of writing was free and he convinced me so much, yah, I will not listen to him. No money lost on my end.

That's the weirdness of this new forum with people taking over accounts what you (universal you) have to think about is why do they not come back here anymore? They transcended, they aren't here to come back. That is the beauty of it.

Justme1981,

Thank you so much. A thumbs down by you probably signals a thumbs up to everyone who follows your bizarre postings. It is hard for me to remember much of your great free advice. It sticks in my mind that you by logic trust Trump because he has a beautiful wife. Great advice!! I am sure that resonated well with spiritual people. It is interesting to me to notice how some are anxious to shoot the messenger without commenting on the message. As far as not coming back goes maybe it is more because they have tired of puerile remarks.
Old 21-01-2017, 11:22 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Justme1981,

Thank you so much. A thumbs down by you probably signals a thumbs up to everyone who follows your bizarre postings. It is hard for me to remember much of your great free advice. It sticks in my mind that you by logic trust Trump because he has a beautiful wife. Great advice!! I am sure that resonated well with spiritual people. It is interesting to me to notice how some are anxious to shoot the messenger without commenting on the message. As far as not coming back goes maybe it is more because they have tired of puerile remarks.

Well, seeing as how I voted for Hillary I'm not certain how I can be a Trump Supporter. Although I realize you did not understand my post and the reply.

Oh, and we were friends (the other posters on here). We talked outside this forum. Now, it's tough wearing glasses but that is the point; it's not my fault you literally and figuratively cannot see. Just like you cannot understand my reply in that thread and you come back and create a false narrative.

Just to note: I don't trust anyone who does not have a beautiful wife or husband. It is a necessary but not sufficient condition which means while it is a requirement it does not mean I automatically trust anyone with a beautiful wife or husband. Molearner (apt name) does not understand what that statement means yet he is trying to delve into spirituality. Good luck.
Old 21-01-2017, 11:34 PM
Suspended

And again, I am not writing for the people on here who are just hacked accounts trying to take away from faith and spirituality. I'm writing for the lurkers and I'm for the people in my community who lurk on here and talk to me in real life.

So carry on MoLearner (I have to emphasize that is an apt name, you know yourself well enough to know you are a Mo' learner. Perfect, good first step).
Old 22-01-2017, 02:48 AM
Master

[quote=Justme1981 I'm writing for the lurkers and I'm for the people in my community who lurk on here and talk to me in real life.

.[/QUOTE]

Justme1981,

Sounds like an arch conservative in the mold of our new president. Those invisible lurkers sound like the invisible crowd at the inauguration which was(according to the highest sources) the largest crowd in history.
Old 22-01-2017, 05:56 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Justme1981,

Sounds like an arch conservative in the mold of our new president. Those invisible lurkers sound like the invisible crowd at the inauguration which was(according to the highest sources) the largest crowd in history.

As, I said Mo' (more) can't get it. I keep talking about Blue States being superior to Red States, I take on Conservatives here that hacked accounts, but Mo wants to spread a false narrative about me again. He literally does not get the statements I write; he literally does not understand them and he wants to delve into spirituality.