Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 06-01-2017, 06:59 PM
Experiencer

how to stop being bias when it comes to tarot?

Hello everyone, I got a tarot deck about 6 months ago & I use it when I can & or feel like it. Sometimes, I get readings where the cards really correspond with everything & it's just a good positive reading but then other times I get readings where it's negative & nothing makes sense (this leads me to believe that I need to charge them or cleanse them) but how do I know if I really do need to charge/cleanse them & that's why the reading came out funky or if it's just an accurate reading & im refusing to accept the negative truth? I hope this makes sense, I'm terrible at putting together words lol.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Deactivated Account

For me, never mind the sage and rock charges, the absolute best time to do a reading is when you are functioning with a clear consciousness. After meditation, grounding, release of energy ( exercise). I find the best time for a reading are mornings before all the thought and external energies have accumulated. For me, the worst time to seek a reading is when you have anxiety, are nervous, or emotionally 'off'. You also have to keep in mind, time changes everything. You may be Queen of Cups today, and you might find yourself being the Devil tomorrow. Life is constantly changing.

I don't think you can not be bias in some form. At the end of the day, the tarot is a 'game', and it's a matter of perception at times. Everyone has their own unique style in delivering a message ( some even use Spirit/Spirits/Angles). How can you trust your message? You have to keep practicing. Build relationship and connection with your card decks, even if that means putting them down for a week and giving them a rest.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:40 AM
55Degrees

Overcoming bias in self readings depends on how much of a vested interest you have in a desired outcome. If you're anxious, stressed, tired or over emotional, you won't get a clear response.

If you are open to 'wherever the chips may fall' the cards will be clear. If you don't want a negative response or feel that the cards are wrong ie not what you expected, then you are not looking for answers, you are seeking validation.

Sometimes they can be positive one day and negative the next, even for the same question. This may tie into what opportunities you choose to take (or not to take) or a cumulative effect from your previous days actions.

IMHO it's nothing to do with the cards energy, it's to do with the readers energy, and the cards are only a snapshot, the results are never set in stone.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:59 AM
Master
What Pisces said...
Being biased is within you, not in the cards, so cleansing them won't matter. You got to sort the bias within you, and if that is not possible at that time, don't do readings.

This is not just for cards, but for any divination/reading tool, like pendulum, dowsing rods, runes, anything.
You cannot be a clear channel when your biased. Has nothing whatsoever to do with the tools needing to be cleansed.
Old 09-01-2017, 08:15 AM
Ascender
Yes for me it's down to trust... when I am doing for myself I trust the cards completely. I might not get the answer I want but... we'll I don't want this to sound harsh but if your not ready for the answer, don't ask the question- there are lots of questions I won't ask!

I still get answers and my reaction might be a stroppy "really!!" ... but then I always realise it's the right card. Sometimes I don't always fully understand it- I think this is why I get a lot of repetitive cards this time round! I'm not quite getting the message I need to get so it's going to keep popping up till I understand it.

One day recently I asked a question got my answer, asked for my card of the day after a good shuffle... I do a lot of shuffling cutting shuffle again cut again then split for my card... got exactly the same card.. I now loath this card lol she is so pessimistic! But I know she has something important I have missed so she is just going to keep telling me until I appreciate it fully.