Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Burntfruit

Meeting family and ancestors!

I am wondering who I will be able to meet on the other side.

Do you think I can meet my great-grandfather who died in the late 60s?

Do you think he may have re-incarnated already?

I have done my family tree, so it would be nice to meet some of the folks in the old family photos, and other folk on the tree.

Since I spent a lot of time on it, I got to know a lot of the folks!
Old 25-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Experiencer
I enjoy reading Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls by Michael Newton. Dr. Newton hypnotically regressed people back to the lives between lives. My understanding from his documentation, is that you will see everyone. We do not incarnate with all of our energy. Parts of us stay behind, ahem, if you can call it that.
Old 26-08-2016, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator
The whole concept of what happens when we pass over has to be -to some extent -a mystery. As our linear ways of thinking, and taking what someone -no matter how respected, and no matter how they truly researched and believed in their subject-matter -has written in a book, will probably fall short of the actual experience which awaits us.
Of course if we deeply 'expect' a certain situation, then we will probably experience it as a construct. But that will be just a 'shell' and beneath it will be a deeper reality which will gradually be awakened into, as consciousness widens in the after-'death' state.

Keep your mind and Heart open. Be ready to think outside of any 'boxes'.

Our whole conditioning about time and space is only part of our experience HERE. Time, space, how many years between incarnations, how a Soul can be in one 'place' and at the same time with us, in mutual love....any form of thinking like that will be all outworn concepts there.

We have many limitations in this current state, and find it hard to get our minds around what is life there. That is only because we have elected to be downloaded into this vehicle for learning purposes. This is a restriction we have deliberately chosen, but it is a restriction, and a pretty severe one, compared with our true Selves and our true Consciousness.

If you truly have a strong bond with your Grandfather, and it is a good bond of Love, then you will meet him. And believe it, it will really be him. Don't even worry about 'how' or 'time ideas', or 'how it works'. It just does work.
Old 26-08-2016, 12:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
The whole concept of what happens when we pass over has to be -to some extent -a mystery. As our linear ways of thinking, and taking what someone -no matter how respected, and no matter how they truly researched and believed in their subject-matter -has written in a book, will probably fall short of the actual experience which awaits us.
Of course if we deeply 'expect' a certain situation, then we will probably experience it as a construct. But that will be just a 'shell' and beneath it will be a deeper reality which will gradually be awakened into, as consciousness widens in the after-'death' state.

Keep your mind and Heart open. Be ready to think outside of any 'boxes'.

Our whole conditioning about time and space is only part of our experience HERE. Time, space, how many years between incarnations, how a Soul can be in one 'place' and at the same time with us, in mutual love....any form of thinking like that will be all outworn concepts there.

We have many limitations in this current state, and find it hard to get our minds around what is life there. That is only because we have elected to be downloaded into this vehicle for learning purposes. This is a restriction we have deliberately chosen, but it is a restriction, and a pretty severe one, compared with our true Selves and our true Consciousness.

If you truly have a strong bond with your Grandfather, and it is a good bond of Love, then you will meet him. And believe it, it will really be him. Don't even worry about 'how' or 'time ideas', or 'how it works'. It just does work.

Really good insight, Tobi...
Old 26-08-2016, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Really good insight, Tobi...
And said very WELL!
Good adjectives!

Oh, and I always remind people of the movie on Netflix
'The Astral City :A Spiritual Journey'....based on a famous medium's encounters.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Master
What happens when we cross over and who we meet differs from person to person. My desire is to meet my spirit guide first who can then introduce me to others who are significant. I would like to meet my paternal grandmother at some stage also.
Old 26-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Master

It's all about the heart connection so you may not be connected to the people you think. You will know your heart on the other side because it is only your true self that remains. It's all very natural and not as mysterious as one thinks.
Old 27-08-2016, 06:14 AM
Master
You will see what the condition of your energy allows you to see; I have known many who have had out-of-body experiences, and I have had such experiences my self; traveling down the tunnel, waiting for them in that tunnel, some see Jesus Christ, some see Krishna, some see their guru, some are met by a relative, and others just see a being radiating love and light with no discernible features, and still others don't see anyone.

Here on Earth we do not see the world as it is rather we see the world as we are; according to our conditioning or orientation, and it is no different beyond this physical world. I base what I say here after listening to, and reading, various accounts from people who have had out-of-body experiences. For me it is all very abstract, and if it contains form then it is an illusion; a temporary condition.

This is just my perspective and I am willing to admit that I may be in error, regardless, we will all find out for ourselves sooner or later. I still ponder the query regarding the condition of our perception after physical human death. If a little child dies will the parents of that child see their offspring in the afterlife as a little child or a fully grown adult? Will you see your great grandfather as an old man the way he was before he left this Earth or will he appear younger? I don’t know! I really don’t know, and I’m just sharing conclusions I’ve drawn from my conditioning.
Old 27-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
You will see what the condition of your energy allows you to see; I have known many who have had out-of-body experiences, and I have had such experiences my self; traveling down the tunnel, waiting for them in that tunnel, some see Jesus Christ, some see Krishna, some see their guru, some are met by a relative, and others just see a being radiating love and light with no discernible features, and still others don't see anyone.

Here on Earth we do not see the world as it is rather we see the world as we are; according to our conditioning or orientation, and it is no different beyond this physical world. I base what I say here after listening to, and reading, various accounts from people who have had out-of-body experiences. For me it is all very abstract, and if it contains form then it is an illusion; a temporary condition.

This is just my perspective and I am willing to admit that I may be in error, regardless, we will all find out for ourselves sooner or later. I still ponder the query regarding the condition of our perception after physical human death. If a little child dies will the parents of that child see their offspring in the afterlife as a little child or a fully grown adult? Will you see your great grandfather as an old man the way he was before he left this Earth or will he appear younger? I don’t know! I really don’t know, and I’m just sharing conclusions I’ve drawn from my conditioning.
The little child my appear little for the parents to identify and thereafter go to the preferred age, the same with the old grandfather he may appear old the age that he died in for identification purposes and thereafter go back to his preferred age. This is what I have read and heard, I stand to be corrected