Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-08-2016, 04:53 PM
Newbie ;)

Lost loved one in recurring dream.

Hi,

I posted this in the Dreams thread as well, but am looking for insight here also.

My dad passed away earlier this year from cancer complications. To say I miss him is an understatement, I have felt so lost without him and sometimes it just doesn't feel real that he is gone.

For several months now, I have had a recurrent dream of him. I probably dream it at least once or twice in a week. Last night's was very vivid. It is always that he passed away and we had his funeral and everything, but then somehow he came back. He's still considered officially dead, but he is home at my house with my family in body form and doing fine.

We don't mention this to the outside, as they all know him to be gone now and we figure they wouldn't understand it. In some ways he is not at full-strength. And we seem uncertain if it is a temporary thing, but we are so glad to have him back. And everything feels easier and better because even if the rest of the world still thinks he is gone, he is there at home and I can see him and talk to him and hug him and tell him that I love him.

Last night's dream was the first time he went out someplace with me, and it was low-key but we had to see a doctor. He was improving with his strength in this dream. We were in some very advanced office and then we ordered some food and were waiting for it.

In some dreams, my mother is very much alive as well, like she never passed away, and she has been gone for nearly 15 years.

I don't know if it is my grief talking, or some sort of sign they are sending me, or that the realms between both sides are becoming thinner to me. I often think that I am not meant to grow old , just an intuition I have and maybe this is a way we continue to connect.

Has anyone had dreams similar to this before? Just looking for some insight here. Thanks--PL
Old 29-08-2016, 05:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Condolences regarding your father's passing, Penny... My mom left this world due to similar circumstances (cancer complications)...
Old 29-08-2016, 05:41 PM
Knower
Hi PennyLane, first of all my heartfelt condolences...

I have these type of vivid dreams too, where I see people who have passed (or about to pass), but in my dream they are very much alive and especially vibrant. Just like they were in the prime of their life. I have come to understand these dreams as their soul visiting me while I am asleep. They are always very happy, and look like they did when they were fine (not sick).

An example: I had a dear friend who lived very far away. She was a lot older than me and at some point she started developing some sort of dementia. It was impossible for us to talk on the phone anymore (she would ask me the same questions five times in ten minutes), and I was physically unable to go see her, as I am in very poor health. I sent her a few postcards, but she never answered, so I figured she was too unwell.

Shortly after our last conversation I started having a recurring dream about her. In the dream I'd go visit her, but she was always very confused, couldn't find the way to her own house, etc. One time (awake), as I was wondering how she was doing, but knew I couldn't contact her, I looked up her phone number in the phone book. It was there, so I knew at least the house hadn't been sold or anything.

After about a year of these dreams, I had one dream where my mom told me to come with her. She drove me somewhere, we ended up in front of a house. I knew it was in the city my friend lived in, but it was definitely not her house. We went in, and all my friend's relatives were there (supposedly - I don't know them). It turned out it was a house where people went to die - there were others dieing too. I saw her, she looked so very different, almost didn't recognize her. She hugged me and said goodbye. I was there for a short while, and during that I saw her withering away. I never wake up at night but this dream woke me up. After that dream I knew she either had passed or was passing away and had come to say goodbye.

Then a few weeks after that I had another dream where she was with me in my own house. She looked so great. She was just like I remembered her, laughing, joking like we always used to do. No sign of dementia. And she said: look me up online! Just look me up. So I did. Her phone number was gone. So that's when I knew she was really gone and she came to tell me that.

I love these dreams. It's a way to connect to your loved ones who have passed. When you are asleep your consciousness is more susceptible to these things. When we're awake we tend to say 'no, it's impossible that I'm seeing my loved one cause I know for sure they're gone'. But they're never gone. They are always with you.

I am not surprised about the doctor dream you're talking about, PennyLane. People who die of aggressive illnesses are usually not ready to die, cause they didn't get enough time to really understand what was happening. They can't believe they are gone. They were not ready to leave, so I'm not surprised your dad wants to see another doctor in your dream, like he wants to still fix things, you know? I think it's beautiful that you dream about him so much. It means he wants to stay connected to you. That is so precious. Maybe next time you dream about a doctor's visit or that you have him 'hidden' in the house, you could tell him it's all ok. That you know he is with you and that you're very happy that he is still visiting. Maybe that will give him peace?
Old 29-08-2016, 08:25 PM
Administrator
You are having visitations from your dad he is letting you know that he is ok and doing fine.the illness that he suffered is no more he is back to full health, im sorry for your loss

Namaste
Old 29-08-2016, 09:12 PM
Burntfruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
You are having visitations from your dad he is letting you know that he is ok and doing fine.the illness that he suffered is no more he is back to full health, im sorry for your loss

Namaste
I agree.

On occasion I dream about my passed on auntie, and grandmother. And frequently I dream about my mother.

I do feel they are visiting me from the otherside.

I hope you can take comfort from this.
Old 30-08-2016, 03:33 PM
Ascender

Ive often seen mum & dad in my dreams - but I don't feel that its anything more than a mind created thing. I'm not ruling out visitations but my experiences have ben too unreal & nonsensical to pass as REAL.

How would you tell anyway???
Old 30-08-2016, 05:40 PM
Master

Seeing a passed on loved one in dreams is common. We all go out of body during deep sleep,but don't remember, or remember as a dream. One idea is that we are meeting up with that person.
Old 31-08-2016, 08:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi Penny my thoughts empathy and condolences to you for your loss. I wrote a very similar post here today regarding dreams of my mum who died earlier this year. Whether it is something spiritual or not I don't know but it does seem part of the process of losing a parent to have strange dreams. I'm not sure but I do hope you will have a dream or vision or something that gives you some reassurances and comfort.
Old 31-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Pathfinder

Hey Pennylane <3

My father passed away 2.5 years ago. For the first year i dreamt of him often. I was at his funeral in all kinds of different scenes. The first year was difficult adjusting. It got much easier. I found writing letters to my father and burning them helped work through the grief. Im sure he got the messages through the ether.
Old 31-08-2016, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator
Dear PennyLane,
My condolences to you after the passing of your Dad (and your mother years ago)

It sounds quite likely your Dad is somehow connecting with you. But dreams can be a bit mixed up sometimes, so some of the dream-data may be from your mind, and some of it may be your Dad trying to get through. Sometimes a dream is a hotch-potch, and sometimes it's very clear. The fact that it's recurring, and the theme is you are aware your Dad is not 'dead' and that he is there secretly for you and your family to love -is so true. It may be that is what he's trying to show you.
Send him your love, just find time to talk to him (quietly or out loud), tell him anything you wish to, because he still loves you.

I also had a couple of dreams after a loved one passed, that their treatment was somehow on-going....and I was meant to fix up this IV for them, to give them treatment, and they were supposed to have fallen asleep, like an anesthetic. But they were alive, well, happy, and the "IV" wasn't working. I kept saying "You're supposed to be sleeping!" But we both laughed because it wasn't working and I gave up on it and we just shared some happy moments fully awake instead, and laughed at the whole thing. Through it all, I was aware that they were not alseep and it didn't matter, and they were certainly not 'dead' either, and being 'dead' didn't seem to matter much.
I recognised that as a sort of hybrid dream....part of me was immersed in the past -their treatment, their illness, etc. But beyond that was the distinct awareness that they had no more need of all that stuff! I know it was also a contact from them about their on-going life, as well as a 'memory-type' dream which was concerned with the imprint their illness had left on my thinking.