Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-08-2016, 03:50 AM
Knower
Events that changed your life

Hi everyone. Lately, I have been thinking about this topic of afterlife. Sometimes, I go through my life, everything is going fine, just worrying about school, or work, and my social life. But then, something happen, that just completely take my focus off of these things. For example, car accidents. In my first accident, even though it was not very serious, it made me think how fragile my life really was. Today, someone close to me was also involved in one and it makes me think that we can die so easily, and I start to think of why we are really here, and what have I already accomplished?

So, my question to you, has there been any events in your life that made you really think about why you were here? Anything that took your focus temporarily off of your daily tasks and worries and forced you to think about your life and your death? Feel free to share
Old 12-08-2016, 12:56 PM
Well, I have no worries of any kind...and wish that word
was erased from people's minds.
Nothing 'forces' me to think anything either.
Sorry to be so nitpicky, but I practice Thought Control, for a decade, I am in charge of my thoughts, thus,
the words I think and use.

Every death in my family or loved ones I think influences a person to suddenly
be aware of how we are ALL headed that way.
It is such an exciting thought!
A new adventure...a new dimension...getting back with
loved ones you left on the Other Side to come here!
Wow!
What a happy reunion with friends over there.
Can hardly wait!

Btw, I think I have probably read every single account of the Other Side and have seen
many movies about it based on mediums' communications...
Recommendation- "The Astral City: A Spiritual Journey",
based on the famous Brazilian Chico Xavier's accounts.
And, of course Anthony Borgia's, "Life in the World Unseen"-- pdf online.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Ascender

Mothers death

Totally fractured a very settled, orderly life. Still really in chaos

Still asking questions, not sure about the answers

perhaps, PERHAPS not quite as afraid of death as I once was...
Old 14-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Master
A nervous breakdown that brought me to my knees and I felt like I almost departed from this world. It made me think about my life and death and even start to prepare for my passing mentally. It brought other changes to my life the way I knew it and a whole new window was opened.
Old 14-08-2016, 08:15 PM
Administrator
I have had three NDE and my view on life hasnt changed on any of them

Namaste
Old 14-08-2016, 11:50 PM
Super Moderator
I haven't had an actual NDE but had out of body experiences, and one OBE where I met a dear one who had passed. Since then I have changed a lot. I used to be very sceptical about many things and very 'scientific' with my approach....even though I'd had out of body experiences!
But that meeting with a loved one was so definite, so almost 'down-to-earth' and so happy, it changed me dramatically....or rather, it drew out of me -fast -what must have already been there.
I certainly do not fear death. And am deeply grateful for so many blessings.
Old 15-08-2016, 12:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
But that meeting with a loved one was so definite, so almost 'down-to-earth' and so happy, it changed me dramatically....or rather, it drew out of me -fast -what must have already been there.
I certainly do not fear death. And am deeply grateful for so many blessings.

Tobi have you ever done a thread or written out a post about that experience? Was the loved one in question your K9 companion or another 'loved one'?
Old 15-08-2016, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Tobi have you ever done a thread or written out a post about that experience? Was the loved one in question your K9 companion or another 'loved one'?

Yes wolfgaze, that was my Misty! My K9 Soul sister That event was THE particular catalyst which made me for the first time absoultely 150% sure of what I'd only been 50% sure of before (if that)
I'd had contacts from other loved ones, family, friends of family....etc before that, but rationailsed those things away, and not really listened.
The Misty-after-death encounter was a complete wake up for me which changed my viewpoint entirely.

I sensed my mother suddenly and very strongly also, about 3-4 times and that was loving and also humorous. Although I haven't literally met her while out of body, yet.

I didn't know you'd had those serious health problems wolfgaze. It seems we all have our story....eh? Hope you are OK now?
Old 16-08-2016, 01:53 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Yes wolfgaze, that was my Misty! My K9 Soul sister

I love the way you speak about her...

Quote:
The Misty-after-death encounter was a complete wake up for me which changed my viewpoint entirely.

Very nice...

Quote:
I didn't know you'd had those serious health problems wolfgaze. It seems we all have our story....eh? Hope you are OK now?

Oh yeah I'm doing fine now and have been for awhile... Thanks for inquiring....

Old 15-08-2016, 12:15 AM
Deactivated Account
-a brush with death when I was 16 (alcohol poisoning)

-recovering from a major back surgery and being seriously tested both physically & mentally during the process

-experiencing the sudden loss of a loved one and subsequently enduring through the grieving process (this event/experience ended up having the greatest impact on my life and was a major catalyst for internal change)