Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 02-01-2011, 11:50 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
What is ''ego'' according to your definition?
Good question

The ego according to my teacher mainly does 2 things in 3rd dimension.. it's designed to have you "fit" in and to keep you safe.. it also becomes a all-encompassing tool/thought process to do everything in your life.. (when it was not designed to do everything) when you actually have 4 bodies to do that (there's more then that actually )

But the four bodies are..

Mental Body or ego
Emotional body (one that feeds you emotions)
Spiritual body.. (kind of a knowingness)
Physical body.. interested in sex, homing, protection etc.
Quote:
I consider deliberate misinterpreting and false quoting other people's messages abuse.
Abuse? You mean "wrong".. bad, right?

I don't share such a "definition" I believe any conversation in anyway.. can help.. this conversation were having might not help you.. but it may help others.. I mean to be helped we all have to choose.. it's free will baby..

Also, I'm not afraid to explore all subjects in all ways.. which is why you hear me make statements about "duality" right and wrong that some people don't share.. or don't dare to make..
Quote:
I think you don't want to broaden your horizons.
You want to believe everything is automatically true (except what those who disagree with you say, ironically) and if it gets challenged then I am suddenly ''EGO''.

It's cheap but it won't wash.
Chrysaetos, I'm not trying to play "label" games.. nothing wrong with being a EGO.. I'm a EGO.. see I admit it, have no problem saying it..

To phrase again.. when I point out your EGO'ing (I observe it in you.. but if it doesn't feel true for you, doesn't resonate.. just ignore it) I'm really saying you have no balance with your other bodies.. the EGO or Mental Body is known to rule all the other bodies not even necessarily giving them time or opportunity..

It's to busy deciding what food to make, where to shop, how to plan that route, how to get mary's teeth fixed, how the universe works.. to make room for the other bodies.. so it's easy to say most peoples EGO's are imbalanced..

That is what I've said to you.. "I observe by conversing with you, your ego is imbalanced"

I have told you before.. I have a "theory of everything" would care to offer me your "theory of everything"?? and I ask specifically to validate all peoples truths.. to offer that no people are liars and that if there are cases of 100 or 1 billion people seeing ufo's remembering reincarnation etc. etc. that you validate that 1% of them must have some truth behind it..

I ask you to validate their truths.. I ask you to validate my truths.. if you cannot.. you don't have a "theory of everything" therefore you say.. "there is much we don't yet know and I reject any of these so called "new age" answers as nonsensical"

I will simply say the pyramids being built is a mystery.. I will simply say people who remember their past lives are a mystery.. I will simply say people who see ufo's are crazy *cough* I mean mystery..
Old 03-01-2011, 04:31 AM
Summerland

Back to the subject. I can't see that a great thread should be abandoned.

Plato was finishing a story that Solon had started after traveling to Egypt. Solon was the grandfather of Plato and began his story about 565B.C. The Egyptian word for Atlantis was "Etelenty" That name also appears in ancient books that were buried with the dead known as "Book of the Dead" in Egyptian tombs. The translation of that name means "the land that has been divided and submerged by water" Variations of this story was found in ancient Egypt.Their god of Wisdom, Thaut , is said to have declared in the Theban Recension of the Book of the Dead "The earth shall enter into the waters of the abyss of Nun, (the sea god ) by means of a raging flood and will become even as it was in the primeval time"
According to Plato, who was finishing his grandfathers story, Atlantis was home to many elephants. In 1967 Science magazine reported the discovery of THOUSANDS of elephant teeth from forty different underwater locations along the Azores-Gibraltor Ridge (underwater, of course).

Now, can we stop and actually talk about the original OP which I found very interesting ?

Last edited by Summerland : 03-01-2011 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
According to Plato, who was finishing his grandfathers story, Atlantis was home to many elephants. In 1967 Science magazine reported the discovery of THOUSANDS of elephant teeth from forty different underwater locations along the Azores-Gibraltor Ridge (underwater, of course).
Yes he mentioned elephants, and dwarf elephant bones have been found on Mediterranean islands.
I would like to see that source btw.

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 03-01-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Master
I think they were widespread actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwarf_elephant
Old 03-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Summerland

On a science forum that I am on, wikipedia is not considered as concrete evidence of anything as it is written by laypeople.
The department of Washington education has an article on it. www.seachild.net is a resource dedicated to uncovering evidence of Atlantis. "Science Magazine" 1967 has the article about the teeth. I am not going to go through dozens of sites to sate your curiousity. If you are truly looking for answers and proof OF Atlantis, then do as researchers do and research on evidential proof FOR Atlantis.
I am reading a book on Atlantis since you both roused my curiousity as to "the facts, ma'am, only the facts". I am doing my own individual research as I suggest that you do.
I am only providing information for those who would be interested in having a few concrete facts to back up their instinct that Atlantis was a real place; perhaps not as old as we thought, perhaps not as large. It seems tho as if many say, "Oh, Plato was only writing a story; a metaphor for the decadence of Athens and how it contributes to a country's downfall." Referrences to Atlantis go much further back than Plato.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Master
The site you give is interesting but not that 'scientific' as it claims. It uses folklore and subjective interpreting mythology to validate its ideas. That's guess work, not science. The comments about geology are a joke. Continents don't vanish to the depths of the ocean. Further on the author makes ignorantium arguments; ''if something is not known to be false, it must be true''.

It contains a lot of hearsay, this and that person said this and that in the 50's and 60's. Hearsay and guess work is not science.

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 03-01-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Master
Quote:
perhaps not as old as we thought, perhaps not as large.
Well yes that sounds more sensible.

Quote:
It seems tho as if many say, "Oh, Plato was only writing a story; a metaphor for the decadence of Athens and how it contributes to a country's downfall." Referrences to Atlantis go much further back than Plato.
Plato was the first to write about ''Atlantis''.
Other sources were inspired by his account.

I wouldn't say Plato's story was just a metaphor. Ancient texts often contain both metaphors and societal concerns.
It's clear from other sources that Socrates was concerned with the ideal state.

We can't know if he spoke the truth about Atlantis, or if he even spoke about it at all.
As ancient texts often contain both metaphors and societal concerns, and historical events (which are of course influenced by oral culture),
I think the story about Atlantis is a mixture that has a metaphorical purpose and a historical account (Santorini).
Old 03-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Summerland

Quote:
The site you give is interesting but not that 'scientific' as it claims. It uses folklore and subjective interpreting mythology to validate its ideas. That's guess work, not science. The comments about geology are a joke. Continents don't vanish to the depths of the ocean. Further on the author makes ignorantium arguments; ''if something is not known to be false, it must be true''.

It contains a lot of hearsay, this and that person said this and that in the 50's and 60's. Hearsay and guess work is not science.

What credentials do you have, C, that you are able to claim that science is not science unless you agree with it? Never mind. I was hoping that someone else would be able to discuss this subject instead of the same merry-go-round. I see that is not going to be possible.
Jesus is mythology, but millions would flay you alive if you say that he wasn't alive. Again, Troy was only mythology until it was discovered by Heinrich S. Many temples that have been submerged under the encroaching ocean were only legends until deepsea divers found them. White man was only a prophesy among Native Americans, So Americans tribes until the white man showed up and decimated them , plundered their wealth , burnt their writings, destroyed temples and entire villages, raped their women and children and made slaves out of the remaining population. Some myth, huh?
This time I am done trying on this thread totally. Until you and others are standing on the actual Atlantis ground, you will never believe. I gave some sources, but those are not scientific enough for you, even tho some of them lead to verification from other science journals. What more can a person do or even WANT to do? Find or don't find your own answers.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
What credentials do you have, C, that you are able to claim that science is not science unless you agree with it?
There is a difference between science and pseudoscience.
And there's also a difference between everyday use of the word ''theory'' and a scientific theory.

Hearsay, interpretation of mythology, speculation etc. are not scientific.
Quote:
Jesus is mythology, but millions would flay you alive if you say that he wasn't alive.
That doesn't sound good! Yes Jesus too, we can't know whether he existed. But we have more ancient sources that speak about him compared to Atlantis.
Quote:
Again, Troy was only mythology until it was discovered by Heinrich S. Many temples that have been submerged under the encroaching ocean were only legends until deepsea divers found them.
True, but Troy wasn't a huge continent or a technologically advanced civilisation that vanished to the depths of an ocean in the blink of an eye.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Summerland

Done, finished. You twist words, chop apart posts. I am not wasting one more bit of my energy on this with you. I am not the one requiring the proof; you are. I have no more need to prove this to you than I need to prove that the Universe sings.