Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 12-07-2020, 06:01 PM
Pathfinder
Why are humans so confident in beliefs that can’t be proven?

Why do you think some people are so little critical?
What do you think makes these people start believing blindly in a concept?
What is the mechanism and the reason for superficial confidence in one's beliefs?
Old 12-07-2020, 06:08 PM
Ascender
I believe religion is bondage
I also believe it is evil
I don't like holidays
I think it's all a false abomination
everything is cultish - it bothers me
Old 12-07-2020, 07:25 PM
Master

Can you give some examples of beliefs that can be proven?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-07-2020, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronStar
Because many that seem as if they are blindly believing have had direct experiences to the contrary. They are not blind at all.
(I am not a fan of Blind Faith, btw. I believe seeing is believing.)

Another reason is they are 'Right Brainers'...the artistic, intuitive side of the brain
Left Brainers do not understand Right Brainers.

Another reason - Right Brainers have a 'memory chip' in that Hemisphere that allows them to remember
past life knowledge they gleaned of how the Universe works...meditating for decades and/or sitting
at the feet of a Master many lives, for instance.

Left Brainers usually, imo, have been intellectual and logic leaners for many lives...making it very hard
to be flexible in matters of the Unseen.

From what I have learned? We are all in our perfect places.
My take, hope it helps a little.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-07-2020, 08:35 PM
Master

1: "NIHIL VERUM EST LICET OMNIA"
// Nothing is true, all is permitted.

2: "NIHIL VERUM EST LICENT OMNIA"
// Nothing is true, everything sells/has a price.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-07-2020, 09:44 PM
Master

'proof' basically boils down to whether you can say words that will get someone to agree with your position. Some people are allowed that luxury, others aren't. Who knows why?
Old 12-07-2020, 10:51 PM
lejonjus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Right Brainers have a 'memory chip' in that Hemisphere that allows them to remember
past life knowledge they gleaned of how the Universe works...meditating for decades and/or sitting
at the feet of a Master many lives, for instance.

Made me think of Matias Stefano from Gaia tv. That ad has been popping up a lot.

I saw you in the Dolores Cannon thread!

Hi : )
Old 13-07-2020, 04:45 AM
Master
When one comes into this world, nothing is proven to you. One has to make do with little more than instinct and experience (of which one has practically none). Experience of course builds over time. By the the time we encounter 'proofs', much of how life works out is already reasonably modeled. Even with the 'proven' tool available later in life, one finds most things are neither proven nor dis-proven. This requires us to rely on different methods to interpret the world and what to believe in. So as 'proving' is only one of many tools its not surprise that many people choose to rely on other tools. These other tools have worked until now, why switch to that which is 'proven'?
Old 13-07-2020, 04:25 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
1: "NIHIL VERUM EST LICET OMNIA"
// Nothing is true, all is permitted.

Yeah, I meant it exactly like that.
I have my own connotative interpretation of the quote.

Quote:
Can you give some examples of beliefs that can be proven?

Beliefs can be proven to the extent that the current mind barriers permit by active observing and critical assessment with doubt and attempt to discern the intentions of the ones that suggest the belief, and if it comes from the Self, then analysis of the emotional background.
Such people may still get confused but at least it is not literal assimilation of propaganda etc. I.e. the fairytale impressionism.
Old 17-07-2020, 12:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronStar
Why do you think some people are so little critical?
What is the mechanism and the reason for superficial confidence in one's beliefs?

We have a pattern seeking brain that sees structure everywhere and even 'meaning' in things, sometimes in all things ((this is true for the hardcore religious people)).

It is usually easier to believe in things and take comfort in that, than it is to question things and accept you don't have perfect knowledge. We seek comfort and security because it often reduces pain and conflict.

There is no true certainty and you have to do the work yourself. Belief and faith are different from that. Nihil verum est licet omnia...