Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan108
I have always said that this sort of experience is proof that spirits stay with us after their physical death, you could argue that your friend didn't want to cause you undue pain and your father was still checking in on you after 6 months now that he was himself again. After my grandfather passed away I regularly had sudden bursts of upset because I could feel he was there in some form. I'm just glad that now I can feel this presence and smile knowing he's there and hopw that this is the case for you too

Thanks Aidan108 for your thoughts. Actually he is here now and there is something he muttered to me after I read this and was doing the washing up - oh the glamarous life of the Belle - but there is something about a karmic obligation that needs to be worked out. Not sure what that's about. My friend, well her karmic obligations lay elsewhere hence the ease of moving apart.

I couldn't say if it were the same for your grandfather?
Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Aidan108

I hope one day to be able to received messages from my departed family and friends like you, I think my focus (and almost obsession!) on day-to-day events at the moment is what keeps me 'closed off' and stops me progressing further spiritually, I just have to learn to relax!
Old 13-12-2012, 07:46 AM
JazzJazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan108
I hope one day to be able to received messages from my departed family and friends like you, I think my focus (and almost obsession!) on day-to-day events at the moment is what keeps me 'closed off' and stops me progressing further spiritually, I just have to learn to relax!

I have this theory as well. My friend, as a child, would always have contact with the deceased and a few months ago she turned to me and said "Do you think the gift sometimes just goes?" No, I don't think it does. I just think as adults our minds are preoccupied with things like work, bills etc whilst as children they're not. Children are more open to receiving messages because their minds have the capacity to hear these messages rather than the buzz of everyday worries.

I think everyone could do with relaxing these days
Old 13-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Aidan108

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJazz
I have this theory as well. My friend, as a child, would always have contact with the deceased and a few months ago she turned to me and said "Do you think the gift sometimes just goes?" No, I don't think it does. I just think as adults our minds are preoccupied with things like work, bills etc whilst as children they're not. Children are more open to receiving messages because their minds have the capacity to hear these messages rather than the buzz of everyday worries.

I think everyone could do with relaxing these days

I couldn't agree more ! Like you I've often thought that children are very receptive to this sort of thing until it is "taught" out of them by our culture and general disbelief, maybe the kids need to be listened to more often!
Old 13-12-2012, 04:35 PM
mysticangela

I just lost my mother almost a month ago and it was so sad but guess what I said good bye to her! she was ill and it calmed my heart to know that she is free of the pain, further more I was prepared, I have never been closer to God and yeah I see mom everyday and I ask her to strengthen me as I am now an orphan and taking care of my bro I feel her energy fighting for us, protecting us and I am happy that she is happy.. When I want to talk to her I simply think of her and she appears and God is closest to me He comforts, leadeth and strengthens me.. I am not sad because I know my mum will be with us oh sorry is with us in every step of the way and guess what she even walked me down the aisle(in a vision )before she died.. one thing I learnt from this is only God can take you through death that is the one who has passed on and the ones staying behind therefore when you know God, you will mourn not for long for you will be comforted.. she is now resting in peace and I am happy for her..
Old 27-12-2012, 03:32 AM
coolchic101

I think this is an interesting topic and I'm glad someone posted it. My question is what happens when our love one(s) have to reincarnate before we get a chance to see them again? That's my concern.

Over on the Other Side, time doesn't exist. So 100 years to us earthly people, is like a blink of an eye over there.
Old 27-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Master
I had the same thought when my grandmother died when I was 9-I was raised in the Catholic Church, and I couldn't grasp why everyone at the funeral was so upset-I mean she's in heaven now, you should be happy for her, right?

Well, 40 years later, she may be back anyway...her eyes give her away, dancing mischievously yet anciently in the face of my middle niece.
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 27-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Master

What an amazing thought to know someone for the second time round, a second shot at a relationship.

And, if we don't see someone on the other side, chances are that we don't need to see them, i don't think there will be a regret that someone is not around. I believe there will be a connection with that person's higher.
Old 29-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
I rarely ever communicate with family after moving away, as I still feel connected to them in my soul. And when we do meet, it seems nothing has really changed.

Occasionally I wonder if I'm emotionally damaged, in that I don't generally miss people or feel the need to communicate.
Yet I've always fallen in love very easily, so perhaps this isn't a pathological sign, but a sense of oneness, that's we remain connected in our souls.

Grandparents are the closest ones that have left me, and they lived 400 miles away, as my parents moved when I was a child. Perhaps that is why I've never really considered being detached from them. When I was a child I only really felt separated, in the energy of arriving and leaving. Distance didn't make me feel any different.

Now that I've started reading about soul groups, it perhaps makes a little more sense... reading about the emotions of those who feel for the ones left behind.

One of my Grandads had alzheimers. It really upset me when we visited him on the ward, as my parents said that he wasn't really there ~ whilst I could understand what they meant by that, it hurt when they said it in front of him. At the time I was just happy to smile and be there. He may not have been able to respond, but I still felt that he could hear me.
Old 29-12-2012, 07:26 PM
reigns

Even people who died are not far away, we will miss them. Cause we cant see them or talk with them. That is sad, not the death itself.