Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 26-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
What does this mean and how would you personally action it?

Well if there's a mountain to climb, or a path through it, I would go through it. You may climb it and be triumphant or you may have been naive in thinking it was possible, while the path was right before your eyes the whole time.

Whenever I catch sight of others,
By thinking, "It is through them,
That I will reach awakening,"
I'll look with sincerity and love.
- Shantideva, The Way of the Bodhisattva
Old 26-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verunia
while the path was right before your eyes the whole time.

But does not the easy path have just as many chances of becoming difficult.

How do you know the path between the mountains is the one with the least resistance.
Old 27-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
To me it means that we are our own worst enemy and put obstacles our way. For example...my mother went to school for many years to get a BA in accounting so she could advance at work. Every time she tried to apply for an accounting job, more qualifications were added. But, she was qualified for a buyer position. Both were an increase in pay. But she wouldn't even consider it, because it wasn't accounting. After much encouragement from me she decided to apply and got it. The pay grades for both positions were identical.
Had she resisted and continued to try to obtain her goal, she may have obtained it or not. As it was she was beating her head against a brick wall until she realized she could walk around.

That's neat iolite and a good example of my point. Thanks for sharing that. Glad your mum is happy now.
Old 27-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
But does not the easy path have just as many chances of becoming difficult.

How do you know the path between the mountains is the one with the least resistance.

That's a very good point you've raised Mathew. I feel its within the individual to recognise the path of least resistance. Yes, we could choose one way over the others and it may be a struggle. How would we know which is best? I feel its more about our intuitive guiding us. When we let go of the need to control the situation, it flows as it should. Then its up to us to accept that flow was the least resistant.
Old 27-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
How would we know which is best? I feel its more about our intuitive guiding us. When we let go of the need to control the situation, it flows as it should. Then its up to us to accept that flow was the least resistant.

well said NightSpirit. imo when we let go of control (detach from all thought and exist in the space between thoughts) we can flow like water
Old 27-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Master
NightSpirit - I like this site that has Deepak Chopra's take on the Law of Least Effort at spiritlibary.com. I can't say it any better than Deepak...

http://spiritlibrary.com/deepak-chop...f-least-effort

Blackraven
Old 27-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Ascender
shift happens
Old 08-10-2011, 10:15 AM
not human

I am going to drag as many of your old threads up as I can NS just to give you a little lift pal.......
Old 11-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Master
I spent quite a bit of time doing electronics and often water analogies are the best way to describe electrical flows... which are, after all, electrons flowing from earth to fill vacuums.

But what really worked for me was learning ohms law which basically states that Voltage, Current and Resistance are always in a relationship together. Multiply two to get the third. Divide two to get the third etc.

Voltage is potential and current is the action. Resistance is the amount of action divided from the potential. Therefore to have the least resistance Potential and action must be kept as small as possible.

A real world example might be that if you have much to achieve, a big potential, then small steps, as in small amounts of action, keep the resistance low. Alternatively if you aren't required to achieve much the larger amounts of action still keep the resistance low.

Another way, and this may be the most revealing, is that often we need to acheive much and it requires lots of action therefore we need a conductor, something through which potential pushes action, that offers the least amount of resistance. Gold is the best conductor with silver then copper then aluminium followed by steel being metals that conduct electricity = energy. From gold to steel we have metals we have the most malleable to the least with the application of heat making them all more so... even to a point where they melt. Work through a conductor also increases resistance proportional to the amount of action and losses are incurred as heat by friction.

Occams razor is also a good set of principles to see the idea of what the path of least resistance means.

Basically, though, our society tends to be about increased resistance as we all have to be paid for our work so there is a real tendency to do more work than is required simply to increase the acknowledgement of work done. This is so pervasive that many people think if work isn't hard or difficult then it is hardly worth doing.

So with that in mind often the path of least resistance is about looking carefully at what you want to achieve and realising possible other ways, than the initially obvious, to get what needs getting.

I learned about this many years ago in an article in a guitar magazine. The article was about a man who had come up with new and radical ways to build guitars, acoustic ones.
He knew that a specific job on a guitar, doing it the traditional way, would take, say an hour so he realised that he could sit back for 3/4 of an hour and think about a way to do the original work a different way, achieving the same outcome, for the last 1/4 hour.

So often the path of least resistance is about changing, and challenging, the nature of potential, while enlarging the scope of possible actions and being in a conducive mode that suits the outcome.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:16 PM
mac

What's any of this got to do with Spiritualism......?????