Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 07-12-2011, 08:19 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Purple Adminstrators - Daisy Innerlight Kaere
Blue Supermoderators - Lynn Jules
Orangey Trial Moderators - Kiki04 hawkmoth65 arive nan Starbuck

We are all Staff

thanks, Kaere - I was confused
Old 09-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Juanita

Master, well thats "it", isn't it.....christianity is a "religion".....and people need to find their own "truths" and not adhere to the beliefs of others.......you are saying that anyone who is not christian or religious is an extremist.....that doesn't make much sense, IMO......
Old 09-12-2011, 08:30 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Master, well thats "it", isn't it.....christianity is a "religion".....and people need to find their own "truths" and not adhere to the beliefs of others.......you are saying that anyone who is not christian or religious is an extremist.....that doesn't make much sense, IMO......

It would be helpful to know who you're addressing this reply to IMO
Old 09-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Juanita

I addressed it to MASTER I believe.......
Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Juanita

Awwww.....my bag.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Juanita

oh darn, I don't know where the heck my edited post went......so will have to repeat myself ......so sorry Mac -- I'm still learning how to navigate this site and doing poorly at it....lol......but let me say that I believe spiritulism is much more than the religion of Spiritulism -- IMO, it is a state of being---of total belief in spirit...... also I would argue that you do not have to be a Medium (altho it greatly helps) to communicate with spirit....ADCs are very common to those with the belief.......being spiritual is one thing but spiritulism itself is something different....just my opinion........
Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 PM
mac

Quote:
I addressed it to MASTER I believe.......

Oh - who's that?
Old 09-12-2011, 09:40 PM
mac

Quote:
oh darn, I don't know where the heck my edited post went......so will have to repeat myself ......so sorry Mac -- I'm still learning how to navigate this site and doing poorly at it....lol......but let me say that I believe spiritulism is much more than the religion of Spiritulism -- IMO, it is a state of being---of total belief in spirit...... also I would argue that you do not have to be a Medium (altho it greatly helps) to communicate with spirit....ADCs are very common to those with the belief.......being spiritual is one thing but spiritulism itself is something different....just my opinion........

When you understand Spiritualism you don't need beliefor opinions.

One of the major differences between Modern Spiritualism and mainstream religions is that it provides evidence of what it teaches.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
When you understand Spiritualism you don't need beliefor opinions.

One of the major differences between Modern Spiritualism and mainstream religions is that it provides evidence of what it teaches.

actally, we seem to be saying the same thing with different words......I do understand spiritulism, both the religion and the "belief"......and you cannot be human without having beliefs and opinions.......everyone has them---it is what is responsible for disagreements and misunderstandings.......:-)
Old 09-12-2011, 10:07 PM
mac

Quote:
actally, we seem to be saying the same thing with different words......I do understand spiritulism, both the religion and the "belief"......and you cannot be human without having beliefs and opinions.......everyone has them---it is what is responsible for disagreements and misunderstandings.......:-)

I have beliefs and opinions about all manner of issues - but not those found in Spiritualism. Belief doesn't enter the picture for me.

Disagreements and misunderstandings can come about for a multitude of reasons - not just from holding opinions and beliefs.